• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
I think you're right, blaming an entire country for the virus will definitely help us get through it.

Gonna save lives that, keep it up!
The cause of the virus was completely preventable. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest putting measures in place to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Name me a Western country which has live food markets, keeps animals is God awful conditions in overcrowded cages and kills them on the street? It's not nonsense at all. Whatever type of animal it is.

Most civilised countries have standards for animal welfare. The Chinese can't even have standards for human welfare, let alone animals. You only have to look at the Muslim brain washing camps and their record on human rights to see that. Animal welfare, human welfare..... apart from North Korea I can't think of any other country apart from China which treats living things so badly.

The last SARS came from animals and transferred to humans in China. Most animals on the verge of extinction are hunted to fulfill Chinese buyers requests for 'medicinal products'. They didn't learn then and they won't learn again.

But that's ok huh as long as we get our iPhones, 5G, cheap clothes and other crap.

SARS 3 next year then? .......
Thousands died in the 2009-10 Swine Flu epidemic, thought to have originated from pigs in Mexico. Let's not pretend it's exclusively China's problem.

You can see it in the media today, which seems to think that everything that is happening should have been anticipated, that all Government politicians and civil servants are incompetent morons whose only interest is allowing as many people as possible to die.

Any new initiative that is announced is looked upon with scorn, and if all the measures haven’t been introduced within 24 hours in a perfect manner, this is cited as further evidence of government incompetence.

I am getting heartily sick of interviewers, especially on TV, who seem to think the public enjoy ‘Gotcha’ interviews at the moment. They don’t. Times are different. Interviewers should be informing and elucidating through their interviews and not, from the outset, trying to skewer.

Link

Not always a big fan of Iain Dale, but that made me pause.

This didn't come from a wet market in my opinion. They've existed for decades and are found in other asian countries too arent they?

There is definitely more to this virus than we have been told. The whistle blower being found dead in China will be made into a film no doubt soon.

Now 'overzealous' police order corner shops to stop selling Easter eggs because they are not 'essential items' to coronavirus - as Met chief Cressida Dick warns some officers are going too far

Police have been warning shopkeepers not to sell Easter eggs as 'overzealous' enforcement during the coronavirus lockdown continues today.

Officers in several parts of the country have shocked retailers by trying to stop them from selling they consider non-essential, including chocolate gifts, even though there is no official guidance from the Government.

These include Easter eggs, which would usually be flying off the shelves with Easter Sunday less than a fortnight away, according to The Times.

Today police set up road blocks to check people in cars or on bikes were on 'essential journeys' as Britain started its second week on coronavirus lockdown.

And over the weekend officers broke up groups of more than two people on park benches, football matches in parks and one officer was dressed up in a Paw Patrol dog costume in Devon, where the force has set up road blocks.

The head of the Met, Cressida Dick, said today that lockdown rules including fines and arrests should only be used as a last resort and made it clear officers should be 'encouraging' not over the top in their enforcement.

She told LBC today: 'We are all getting used to the new restrictions and I've been very clear that in the first instance I want my officers to be engaging with people, talking to people, encouraging them to comply.

'Explaining, of course, if they don't understand - already we have had examples of people who simply hadn't quite heard all the messages - and, only as a very last resort with the current restrictions, using firm direction or even enforcement.

Shopkeepers say they have encountered police and environmental health officers entering their stores and telling them what can be sold. The Association of Convenience Stores says some of its members have encountered 'overzealous enforcement', and urged them to continue selling a full range of goods.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8166799/Fury-police-stop-solving-crimes-staff-sicknes.html

This didn't come from a wet market in my opinion. They've existed for decades and are found in other asian countries too arent they?

There is definitely more to this virus than we have been told. The whistle blower being found dead in China will be made into a film no doubt soon.
I don't support the Chinese government nor do I think they are honest in their reporting. That being said, media outlets such as the Guardian report that he died from catching the virus - hardly surprising considering he was a doctor. Can we stop spreading conspiracy theories please? It does not help anyone.

I don't support the Chinese government nor do I think they are honest in their reporting. That being said, media outlets such as the Guardian report that he died from catching the virus - hardly surprising considering he was a doctor. Can we stop spreading conspiracy theories please? It does not help anyone.

The problem is the covering up by the government when he tried to alert people (and the world). Remember that photo of him grasping the "telling off" he had from the police when he was laid in hospital on a ventilator? There was a huge cover up at the start of this. News today leaking out of Wuhan is that the death rate is actually more in the 40k rather than the 3k being reported. Who knows if that is true or not but I recall seeing leaked reports coming from crematorium workers that they were running flat our 24/7 with at least 100 bodies per day which was not being reflected in the figures.

Anyway, I am sure the truth will come out at some point. However, the delay in governments getting ready for this in the West is just as bad as any cover up. With NHS Trusts, GPs etc only now getting adequate PPE given they have seen what has been happening in China since January is just way too slow. We could have been a lot more prepared for this.

On the subject of the Police in the UK - what are peoples thoughts on this:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...lue-lagoon-black-to-deter-gatherings-11964966

My own view is that its a bit too far, and if they can do this, then Alton should be able to put red food dye in the Nemesis water :)

The problem is the covering up by the government when he tried to alert people (and the world). Remember that photo of him grasping the "telling off" he had from the police when he was laid in hospital on a ventilator? There was a huge cover up at the start of this. News today leaking out of Wuhan is that the death rate is actually more in the 40k rather than the 3k being reported. Who knows if that is true or not but I recall seeing leaked reports coming from crematorium workers that they were running flat our 24/7 with at least 100 bodies per day which was not being reflected in the figures.

That doesn't surprise me, it seems pretty clear now that China's figures are not at all accurate for whatever reason that might be.

Once this is all over I suspect we will see plenty more come out in to the open about the reality of what happened in China. I was watching the brilliant TV series Chernobyl the other week and it does make you wonder.

That doesn't surprise me, it seems pretty clear now that China's figures are not at all accurate for whatever reason that might be.

Once this is all over I suspect we will see plenty more come out in to the open about the reality of what happened in China. I was watching the brilliant TV series Chernobyl the other week and it does make you wonder.

That is a really good watch, shocking, if anyone hasnt seen the series I really recommend it.

Reactions: Rob
What-is-the-cost-of-lies-Its-not-that-well-mistake-them-for-the-truth.jpg

The easter egg thing is quite interesting. When I went into Sainsbury's the other day, there was a sign suggesting you should buy essential items only, but you had to walk down an aisle of Easter eggs to get to the bread and milk.