• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
Hope you recover soon @MaxPower, and that you don’t develop any symptoms any time soon.

As for vaccine passports; I’m undecided on the issue, personally. While I think they could reduce transmission of the disease to some degree in high risk settings, they aren’t a silver bullet, and they also discriminate against those who don’t want to or can’t take the vaccine.

As much as I’ve personally had 2 doses of vaccine and am going for my 3rd dose later today, many others don’t want the vaccine for whatever reason, and part of me feels that they should be granted that right without having to be persecuted against.

I’m unsure on how I feel about persecuting those who haven’t had the vaccine, as in a sense, it does kind of infringe on individual liberty, even if taking the vaccine should contribute hugely towards getting us out of the current paradigm of restrictions.

Yet “nice places” like nightclubs in France are now closing for four weeks after a surge in cases..despite admittance to said nightclubs being by Vaccine Passport only.

Vaccine Passports are completely unethical, discriminatory and ultimately unscientific. The data from all over Europe suggests that they have had no impact on infection rates and the Government's own studies have alluded to the fact that they simply don't work.

No doubt millions of people angry at Boris for his government violating the restrictions and laughing about it will happily present their Vaccine Passports and dutifully obey all new restrictions once Boris tells them to do so.

Stop World..I want to get off.

Yet “nice places” like nightclubs in France are now closing for four weeks after a surge in cases..despite admittance to said nightclubs being by Vaccine Passport only.

Vaccine Passports are completely unethical, discriminatory and ultimately unscientific. The data from all over Europe suggests that they have had no impact on infection rates and the Government's own studies have alluded to the fact that they simply don't work.

No doubt millions of people angry at Boris for his government violating the restrictions and laughing about it will happily present their Vaccine Passports and dutifully obey all new restrictions once Boris tells them to do so.

Stop World..I want to get off.
But what about if you also had the option to take a test beforehand? That way the vaccinated people are safe and people who refuse to get the vaccine can also enter these venues they just have to have a test first.

Vaccine passports are pointless. You can still spread Covid even you're vaccinated, so why bother with them?

They have been shown in France to signficantly increase uptake of the vaccine amongst younger people, something the UK is struggling with.
Also although can still spread you are less likely to end up in hospital if you are vaccinated, so if you want to attend larger events and therefore have more risk of catching it, makes sense to minimise your risk of being seriously ill.

The passports in Europe are about vaccine uptake, not infection spread.

Edit to add, its a few months old, but here is an article showing the difference the mandate made in the summer.
France’s vaccine passport worked – sort of | WIRED UK

Last edited:
I'm alright cheers, no symptoms yet.

Only found out because I do lateral flow tests every day before I go out.
Sounds very similar to me. I'm currently on isolation day 5/10, started with no symptoms until the evening of day 0 (test day), got worse on day 1 then day 2 was pretty bad - really fevery and fatigued all day and night, then day 3 was a bit better, then from yesterday (day 4) I've been feeling really well again. Fingers crossed for you!

Sounds very similar to me. I'm currently on isolation day 5/10, started with no symptoms until the evening of day 0 (test day), got worse on day 1 then day 2 was pretty bad - really fevery and fatigued all day and night, then day 3 was a bit better, then from yesterday (day 4) I've been feeling really well again. Fingers crossed for you!
Cheers pal.

If that's as bad as it gets I'll count myself lucky.

Just had my booster dose; all went fine, as far as I can tell!

I had Pfizer, and I’m waiting my 15 minutes now… nothing shocking has happened within the 5 minutes I’ve been here so far, and it actually hurt less than I’d remembered, although the arm pain seems to be coming quicker this time than I’d remembered previously…

Just had my booster dose; all went fine, as far as I can tell!

I had Pfizer, and I’m waiting my 15 minutes now… nothing shocking has happened within the 5 minutes I’ve been here so far, and it actually hurt less than I’d remembered, although the arm pain seems to be coming quicker this time than I’d remembered previously…
So you have not grown a 5G repeater out of your head.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Unsurprisingly, plan B is being implemented.

Some of the changes:
  • guidance to work from home will be reintroduced for those who can do so from Monday
  • from this Friday, mandatory masks will be extended to most public venues, including theatres and cinemas
  • from next week, the NHS Covid pass* will be mandatory for entry into nightclubs and venues where larger crowds gather
* not a vaccine certificate as a recent negative lateral flow will also be acceptable.

Talking about boosters, a small preliminary study by Pfizer suggests that three doses provides protection against Omicron that's similar to two doses against other variants.

They also said they will have an Omicron variant vaccine ready within 100 days subject to regulatory approval.
That's really good news but still not brilliant. Realistically, that means we need the same amount of people who have had double jabs to have another one if we want the same protection. I just don't think that's going to happen as quick as the previous vaccine rollout. I think a lot of people are saying that they will wait a bit before having it as they are in no rush, having already had two.

If Pfizer do make another jab that's more focused on omicron that'll mean another jab for people to have. I dare say this vaccine rollout could go on forever if we keep getting variants. That's the reason we need to keep the infection rate lower so that we don't end up with even more variants.