• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Customer service

GaryH

TS Member
Another positive thread following on another earlier this week - this time about the customer service:

I find the customer service from Alton extremely good lately. The live chat has minimal waits and the staff are very helpful. I’ve had a few reasons to contact them over the past year and every time they have been great. Quite like the names given to the staff, today was Darwin the Dodo.

Today I also experienced their short breaks team discussing a hotel booking and again they could not have been more helpful. They went above and beyond.

In fact I would say the service of late has exceeded that given by many companies I have had dealings with.

To be fair as well when in the park, the help given from the staff in guest services or the box office has also been excellent.

That's surprising as I've just tried to contact them for the first time in many months via the chat on Facebook. Apparently their customer service team aren't there at the moment! My fault really anyway as my AT Gold pass expired last month when I was abroad on holiday and I forgot to renew it via the email link they sent me when I got back. Just tried to use the code and link but it looks like it's expired (fair enough). I was just going to ask if they could send me a fresh code to renew as a good will gesture or something. Anyway, anyone got an o2 phone? Apparently they're giving a discount on merlin passes at the moment with a code from the network but I'm not with o2 so can't get a discount code. Anyone know of any other worthwhile discounts for AT or Merlin passes currently? Cheers :laughing:

Will try those, thanks. Will probably just have to buy a pass from scratch now though... :)
If you can hold on there'll be the end of year Black Friday (November) sale on passes no doubt. I randomly got an email at the start of September with a £40 discount on gold MAP, so it's worth making sure you're on various mailing lists too.

If you can hold on there'll be the end of year Black Friday (November) sale on passes no doubt. I randomly got an email at the start of September with a £40 discount on gold MAP, so it's worth making sure you're on various mailing lists too.
I'll be doing at least one day at Scarefest so it's not worth waiting around really. The o2 discount code apparently gets more of a saving than their own Merlin sale anyway. Just a case of tracking someone down who still happens to use o2 (if Alton don't let me renew, that is). Cheers though :)

I'll be doing at least one day at Scarefest so it's not worth waiting around really. The o2 discount code apparently gets more of a saving than their own Merlin sale anyway. Just a case of tracking someone down who still happens to use o2 (if Alton don't let me renew, that is). Cheers though :)
Is it worth getting a PAYG O2 SIM, putting the bare minimum on it to activate and claim the MAP discount? I used to do this for Orange Wednesdays (showing my age), despite having a contract with O2 (ironically).

It's worth noting that Virgin Media broadband customers also qualify for O2 Priority (the app which is giving the MAP discount), just incase anyone else anyone else is tempted by the offer. - https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/priority

Apologies to the mods for going slightly off topic, I'm sure you'll move messages where they need to go if they need to!

Last edited:
Well, I have made my third enquiry regarding the skyride today, after previous questions via useless chatbot and useless phone enquiry..."We will get back to you"...but they didn't say which month...four months ago now.
So today, following this topic, I email...
Quick response...
We aim to get back to you in seven to ten days, we are having a large number of enquiries.
Might not be getting my pre scarefest trip in this year if I hear nothing...my money is not wanted anymore.

Well, I have made my third enquiry regarding the skyride today, after previous questions via useless chatbot and useless phone enquiry..."We will get back to you"...but they didn't say which month...four months ago now.
So today, following this topic, I email...
Quick response...
We aim to get back to you in seven to ten days, we are having a large number of enquiries.
Might not be getting my pre scarefest trip in this year if I hear nothing...my money is not wanted anymore.

What info are you after? The Skyride is confirmed as closed for the whole of 2023 here. Nothing known at this stage beyond that date.

When it is likely to reopen, why it has taken so long when large numbers of customers have relied on the service for decades, and what alternatives are being offered for customers with limited mobility.
My unanswered enquiries go back four months.
The response so far has been very poor, somebody will be in contact with me...zero.
I personally think their consideration of their many disabled customers as a bit crap.
Could do an awful lot better.

The last time I used their instant messaging feature, all I got back in replies were useless automated bot responses. I was trying to find out if fastracks were valid for other rides at the same price if the ride I purchased a fast track for was temporarily closed, but all I received back from my simple question was an automated response with a link telling me where to buy fastracks from.

Automated responses are fine to qualify your message etc, but I just gave up in the end.

Just had a response with all the information we all already knew...so I have asked pretty much the same as my questions above...at least I have a "case number" now.

The last time I used their instant messaging feature, all I got back in replies were useless automated bot responses. I was trying to find out if fastracks were valid for other rides at the same price if the ride I purchased a fast track for was temporarily closed, but all I received back from my simple question was an automated response with a link telling me where to buy fastracks from.

Automated responses are fine to qualify your message etc, but I just gave up in the end.
To speak with a human you have to type "real human", then you'll be connected if there's an advisor available.

When it is likely to reopen, why it has taken so long when large numbers of customers have relied on the service for decades, and what alternatives are being offered for customers with limited mobility.
My unanswered enquiries go back four months.
The response so far has been very poor, somebody will be in contact with me...zero.
I personally think their consideration of their many disabled customers as a bit crap.
Could do an awful lot better.

1) Next year

2) availability of parts

3) None

1) Next year

2) availability of parts

3) None
1)
Would prefer the information from the actual source I requested it from...the official reasons for keeping the ride shut,
That's fine...but when next year...from opening...mid season...never?
2)
Availability of parts I find difficult to believe...just too convenient...personally I would like to hear that from an official source.Why no reply to my enquiries from four months ago?...I say again, crap service of the highest order.
3)
No transport system available all season for people with mobility issues...when there is normally good provision.
No notice, no respect, just struggle, on a difficult , large site...and screw those less than fully mobile.
Notice and warning would have been the bare minimum.
Alternatives should be provided when an essential service for many is removed without notice.
Easier to just look the other way and ignore the less mobile.

Crap service to guests from Guest Services.

1)
Would prefer the information from the actual source I requested it from...the official reasons for keeping the ride shut,
That's fine...but when next year...from opening...mid season...never?
2)
Availability of parts I find difficult to believe...just too convenient...personally I would like to hear that from an official source.Why no reply to my enquiries from four months ago?...I say again, crap service of the highest order.
3)
No transport system available all season for people with mobility issues...when there is normally good provision.
No notice, no respect, just struggle, on a difficult , large site...and screw those less than fully mobile.
Notice and warning would have been the bare minimum.
Alternatives should be provided when an essential service for many is removed without notice.
Easier to just look the other way and ignore the less mobile.

Crap service to guests from Guest Services.

You are not likely to get the first two answered, it’s business sensitive information.

They should be thinking more about a better response to question 3.

I haven't had the third question responded to at all...
They should be thinking about any response to question three, which was asked directly by phone four months ago, and to a chatbot moron two months ago, but remains without response...Somebody will get back to me...but no idea when.