• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris 2014: 'Ratatouille' dark ride

An advert released on the official YouTube channel [FR] Ratatouille : l'Attraction à Disneyland Pari…: no English version has been posted so would presume we probably won't see this over here.

Cast member previews are taking place today...

BqV0mEdIYAEH8AJ.jpg

Image from DLPToday's Twitter and ED92Live

Cast member reviews are coming in from the preview, with this particular tweet being retweeted by DLP Today on Twitter. DLP Today
Total immersion! Ratatouille is - in my eyes the best attraction at Disneyland Paris

Certainly sounds promising, I for one can't wait to see the product as the film is charming. I just hope the soundtrack is similar.

Such a b****ocks promo. Firstly, the people themselves and their reactions to stuff are so obviously fake.

And it contrives to make British people look like thick yobs for no obvious reason. Super lame.

I thought it was a tongue in cheek video, and was a bit of fun aimed at the fans, who commented on the adverts and promos being made for the families and kids market.

The People in the video are obliviously actors. If Disney intended it to be a straight promo video, they got their direction to the actors completely wrong and make one of the best Disney parody videos I have seen in a long time.

Such a b****ocks promo. Firstly, the people themselves and their reactions to stuff are so obviously fake.

And it contrives to make British people look like thick yobs for no obvious reason. Super lame.
It's tongue in cheek - directed squarely at the UK market on social media who say they only aim to kids or young families. Hence the tagline at the end: "for grown up kids too"

They've poked a bit of fun at themselves and yes they may have played on stereotypes and used bad acting but it's lighthearted and makes the place look pretty magic.

Sometimes things are just funny and deserve credit.

This is one of those. It's aimed at the British market, and those of us who grew up with bikers and such like, can definitely appreciate the humour.

What happened to our British ability to enjoy a bit of fun at our expense? Self deprecating is a specialty of ours I think they captured that fantastically well!

It's kinda like Shameless does Disney

It's an online social media advert, it's not going to have a mega budget and as everyone else realises it's a bit of fun based on the comments about their marketing.

I really like it, a lot of parks forget their social media can be about having fun, it says something when Tescos have a more light hearted online presence than a theme park. Disney clearly have a sense of fun.

Looks worrying. Very worrying.

I hope it rides better than it looks as it just seems to be screen after screen after screen - which does not make a stunning dark ride.

I'm hoping the POVs don't do it justice cos DLP needs this to work for them! However it would be typical for them to get a bespoke trackless dark ride and still be the runt of the litter :/

To say Ratatouille shares the same ride system as Mystic Manor, the latter clearly won. Ratatouille has excellent theming, but unfortunately, there's not much of it. I know it's a family ride, but it does seem very laid back and not very thrilling, and due to the storyline, it needs a bit more ummm... umph.

3D dark rides are always hard to judge from a POV. POV of transformers and spiderman dont do those rides much justice,from what i have read its rides very well.