• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

I totally agree that clones are ok for DLP - with a twist is nice.

Phantom manor took way to long for its Refurb. It's the French way of doing things I think. I doubt small world will be completed this year. They always extend the closures.

I would like to see splash or beauty and the beast added.

Phantom manor took way to long for its Refurb. It's the French way of doing things I think. I doubt small world will be completed this year. They always extend the closures.

We're booked to go end of August/start of September, taking our 2 children for the first time, aged 8 and 6. It's such a shame It's A Small World is looking likely to be shut as I know it would be amongst their favourite rides if they got to go on it, but if rumours are true it could be closed into 2023. I know as they're open all year there have to be periods when rides are closed for refurbishment but I really don't know how it can take over a year to refurb one ride.

but I really don't know how it can take over a year to refurb one ride.

It is a massive amount of work that they are undertaking for this refurbishment, both on stage and back stage, including asbestos removal and the replacement of the entire panelled ceiling within the attraction.

For full details have a read here, it’s in French but you can stick it through a translator via google Chrome etc.

https://outsidears.fr/2021/11/exlcu-1-an-de-travaux-pour-its-a-small-world/

It is a massive amount of work that they are undertaking for this refurbishment, both on stage and back stage, including asbestos removal and the replacement of the entire panelled ceiling within the attraction.

For full details have a read here, it’s in French but you can stick it through a translator via google Chrome etc.

https://outsidears.fr/2021/11/exlcu-1-an-de-travaux-pour-its-a-small-world/
I don't understand this though, 'it's a small world' only had it's major refurb the other year. So why's it suddenly having a new one? The facade got a new colour scheme and the soundtrack was renewed and everything.

We're booked to go end of August/start of September, taking our 2 children for the first time, aged 8 and 6. It's such a shame It's A Small World is looking likely to be shut as I know it would be amongst their favourite rides if they got to go on it, but if rumours are true it could be closed into 2023. I know as they're open all year there have to be periods when rides are closed for refurbishment but I really don't know how it can take over a year to refurb one ride.

Look at the positives - you won't have to worry about getting that awful music stuck in your head ALL DAY!

The French workforce... Try ordering a hot dog a Casey's corner... Takes 4x longer than it should.

The French workforce... Try ordering a hot dog a Casey's corner... Takes 4x longer than it should.

I always nip into Casey's Corner before the parade starts and a hand full of times the parade has finished by the time I've got the hot dog.

I don’t deny that DLP has issues with food service, but then so does Alton Towers, and that doesn’t get slapped with being down to ‘the British workforce’.

DLP has generally very good ride operations with efficient throughputs etc and those are run by the very same ‘French workforce’ as Casey’s Corner. It’s far more complex than a sweeping generalisation.

I don’t deny that DLP has issues with food service, but then so does Alton Towers, and that doesn’t get slapped with being down to ‘the British workforce’.

DLP has generally very good ride operations with efficient throughputs etc and those are run by the very same ‘French workforce’ as Casey’s Corner. It’s far more complex than a sweeping generalisation.
I'm not blaming the cast members, I think it's more a case of the set up than anything, it does make you wonder why it takes 20/30 minutes to get a hot dog that's just sitting behind the counter.

I cannot comment on the efficacy of the customer service at Disneyland Paris. I have only been once. At the time I was 6 years old. I remember my Parents thought that the food was overpriced and of poor quality. I remember we ate at a Cafe in The Studios Park. On hand I don’t recall it’s name. It was located adjacent to a Car and Petrol Pumps. My Mum ordered a Salad and it consisted solely of Leafs. My Dad and I had Pizza’s that tasted like Cardboard. If the staff at Disneyland Paris are as bad as stated,I think that Polish people need to be employed. The Polish are very quick and efficient workers who have high standards.

Moving on too the temporary closure of rides. Fantasyland is currently a building site with the pavement,It’s A Small World and Sir Lancelots Carousel all being refurbished. My Parents have been on about taking myself and 12 year old Sister to DLP since before COVID. I have advised them that we shouldn’t go this year why so much work is being undertaken. This year is a poignant in the history of Disneyland Paris as its its the 30th anniversary. This year seems the wrong time to be undertaking renovations. I’m amazed that Disneyworld are having an extravagant 50th anniversary celebration when Paris is having nothing to shout about. I guess that Americans do like to exaggerate things.

I don’t mean to come across as racist so I apologise for any offence my post may cause.

I have to be honest and say I feel DLP often gets too much stick over food. In my experience the problem isn’t the resort as a whole, it’s quick service.

Dining in the restaurants, I’ve never really had an issue and always found the food to be good quality (we usually book a dining plan when we go for that reason). The Steakhouse, Captain Jacks, Manhattan Restaurant and Walt’s are all excellent whenever I’ve eaten at any of them. I will agree however that it is very expensive if you’re not using a plan.

By contrast, the quick service offering from places like Restaurant en Coulisse, Au Chalet de la Marionette, Casey’s and Hyperion are all much more ropey. I’ve had very mixed experiences, and wouldn’t say any have ever been stand out. They’ve been “ok” at best.

But to say that food overall is poor, I do have to disagree.

If the refurbishment of the symbolic Disneyland Castle is anything to go by,It’s A Small world could be open by December. Disneyland have staid that people will be able to cruise around the world within a year. It’s A Small World closed in December. The renovation of the Castle was on track until COVID hit. To be fair to Disneyland within a year from restarting the works the Castle is back open. I’m hoping that the Aladdin ride from The Studios is relocated to the Magic Kingdom Park. Walt Disney Studios is all Pixar. Having a non Pixar ride ruins the ambiance. I also don’t understand why the Cars flat ride was not relocated to be next to Cars Roadtrip. As I said I have not been to Disneyland since I was 6 (2006) but from what I have seen the Studios have 100% improved.

The French always seem on strike when I go making it hard to get home. I mean they even had a placard line outside the castle a few months ago! I find getting simple things like a coffee, hot dog or even churios really hard and slow. The place in fantasy land under the windmill takes 20 minutes for 3 people! DLP really needs to look at it's food operations and quality.

I have always wanted a coffee while waiting for illuminations but nowhere near is open and the lines for places that are move so slowly if I waited I'd probably see illuminations but the following days! I'd even take a machine made Costa coffee at that point in the evening. I wish they just had a bank of them in the Hyperion so we could easily make a hot drink while we wait.

I will say inside the park is spotless and the cleaning staff do an amazing job. I saw a mother once tell a child to pee in main Street. The cast members quickly told the mother off and cleaned up the puddle in seconds. Shame outside the park the journey from central Paris is far more grim.

I don't know whether it's just me but does anyone else think the 30th Anniversary decorations look really ugly?

I like the logo itself but I think the decorations on the train station, lamposts and the new sculptures around the central plaza look hideous. Not a patch on the 25th.

Were at disney for the 1st week of the 30th birthday celebrations WC 7/3

Studios 6pm park close all week
Main park 7:30pm park close all week.

Quite frankly the worst opening hours of the parks this year… yet the start of there 30th Birthday bash….

Also the dinning plans change at the end of march, we purchased 1/2 board and the options are really poor with whats available. ( what its changing too seems much better options and same price)

Yeah I’ve just been reading into the dining plans. They’ve significantly improved the Standard plan:
  • Standard now has access to the same restaurants as Plus (basically anything but Character dining) whereas it was previously limited to 5 buffet restaurants
  • If you’re full board you may use one meal per day for a table service restaurant, ordering from a set menu. Your other meal must be Quick Service (including the 1 additional meal on your departing day). It also appears the set menus are getting standardised across all dining plan tiers, rather than different offerings for different levels
There has been a bit of a price increase at around £5 per adult per night for Half Board, but it’s certainly a much improved offering. Plus has gone up around £1 per adult it seems.

If you’re on any tier at Full Board you also now receive one extra meal per person, which can be used for lunch or dinner on the day of departure. Previously, while you could still use a meal on your last day, it meant loosing one from another day.

There is also a new Extra Plus plan to replace Premium. This plan includes Character Dining, an extra snack and drink during the day, plus one extra drink (including signature cocktails and other alcoholic drinks). So that’s:
  • Hotel breakfast buffet
  • Lunch at any restaurant with a soft drink
  • Dinner at any restaurant with a soft drink
  • A snack and drink that you can claim at most outlets during the day
  • Another drink that you can claim during the day
The site does seem to say as well that, like before, vouchers are not date-specific, so there’s nothing in theory stopping you saving up your extra drinks throughout your stay and using them for one bar session later in your stay!

However, there is something else interesting to note which is buried down in the FAQs…

122E8FDF-3B03-417C-ADC9-B1983B7B173B.jpeg

So in short:
  • The Standard dining plan is only available to guests stopping in Santa Fe or Davy Crockett Ranch. If you’re in any other Disney Hotel you can only choose Plus or Extra Plus.
  • If you are in Santa Fe or Davy Crockett Ranch but only want Half Board you can only have the Standard plan. To access the Plus or Extra Plus plan you must choose Full Board.
  • The new Extra Plus tier is only available as Full Board no matter where you stay.

God they’ve made this confusing!

Standard does, as I say, seem like a much improved offering, but it seems they’re trying to also limit how many people can access it…

If you’re on Plus nothing really changes for you, from what I can tell and if you’re Full Board you’ve got one new meal thrown in.

The site does seem to say as well that, like before, vouchers are not date-specific, so there’s nothing in theory stopping you saving up your extra drinks throughout your stay and using them for one bar session later in your stay!
I love the continual references to PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY throughout the page...

What's the Extra Plus Drink?​

*Signature cocktails are included. Drinks over 50cl, drinks to share, souvenir drinks, and food and wine pairings are excluded. Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health, please consume in moderation.

Do I need to use my Meal Plan vouchers or Extra vouchers on a specific date?​

No, each voucher can be used on the day of your choice during your stay. For example, with the Standard Full Board option, you can use 2 meal vouchers in a quick-service restaurant on the same day, or with the Extra Plus Full Board option, you can use several Extra Plus Drink vouchers on the same day (alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health, please consume in moderation).
Well TIL... thanks Disney! 🥴😆

As of today masks are no longer required at DLP, they are continuing to recommend them for very crowded times like parade and evening show but nothing enforced.

I really have been waiting for this news, we go in a couple of months and the idea of wearing masks all day for 3 days solid including whilst walking around outside was just a bit much though I am surprised they have gone from strictly masks EVERYWHERE to none required at all, I assumed it would just change to indoor areas and queues which tbh I wouldn't have an issue with.

Last edited: