• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

Actually from what i can see they don't have October Half Term in France, sounds like that would be a good time to go? Plus get the Halloween decorations and low snow risk!

Actually from what i can see they don't have October Half Term in France, sounds like that would be a good time to go? Plus get the Halloween decorations and low snow risk!

They do have October half term, Halloween is a busy time.

More info on school holiday dates (zone C is the Paris area) here:

They do have October half term, Halloween is a busy time.

More info on school holiday dates (zone C is the Paris area) here:

Ah you're right. Wow French kids get even more holiday time than the UK!

Looking at train times, we'd arrive at around 3pm. An afternoon seems like enough to get "Adventure World" done what with the favourable opening times and then a full day at the main park the next day seems more than adequate?

Ah you're right. Wow French kids get even more holiday time than the UK!

Looking at train times, we'd arrive at around 3pm. An afternoon seems like enough to get "Adventure World" done what with the favourable opening times and then a full day at the main park the next day seems more than adequate?

They do have more holidays - but a school day runs from 8.30am till 5pm, so it all balances out!

In terms of timing - potentially yes, although you might be a little rushed. Bear in mind the parks close earlier in the Autumn/Winter, so it will also depend on when you want to visit. You might find 2.5 days works better.

So D23 had a few announcements:

First of all the frozen land at WDA is going to open in 2026! Yes just like that opening of the Olympics this is the most drawn out build going... 8 years!

The rumoured Lion King ride was announced for 2 years after that. Some are saying it's a mini land with a shop and a restaurant and 1 ride, and the artwork looks like the CGI version but they are doing it to the animated version.

From: https://x.com/DLPNewsEN/status/1822469857801048114?t=mcfKDDpOA-TI4Bc644Zn_g&s=19

A night spectacular was also announced for WDA with the lake being the centerpiece. It includes drones and fountains.

From: https://x.com/DLPNewsEN/status/1822469564770275799?t=vbbNSRO9BcDVcasLgHdPgg&s=19

Toy story has a few extra areas including a meet and greet.

The main park again NO NEW ATTRACTIONS. We are now into 2 decades since a new ride was added to the park but we are getting projection mapping from January on main street and a new night-time spectacular on the castle at the same time.

My view is this was a poor series of announcements and the lion king log flume will be done on the cheap as it's a themed ride and not a land. I expect Universal GB to be opened and built at this rate before any new attractions in the main park as building takes alot longer in France. I'm writing this during the announcement so I'm hoping more comes out!

Last edited:
8 years to open a boat ride they already have another version of in another Disney Park is absolutely laughable.

4 years to open a new log flume style attraction? Epic Universe practically been built in 4/5 years and that's an entire park.

Disney make some great attractions it can't be denied but my word they take way too long to do anything.

WDW the big winners of D23. If all that stuff actually goes ahead it's going to make a huge difference to the resort.

Yes your correct the lion king is animated but the artwork was CGI style. It is a joke how long this is taking and how the main park needs something new!

I won't be going next year as the new show will most likely be a disappointment and your never guaranteed it due to strikes or weather.

One ride and the rest shopping and eating isn't a full land. I would have thought they could have squeezed a kids ride themed to bugs or a stamped?

I really hope universal GB puts in so much hard work to challenge DLP as it's just coasted for so long.

This is ultimately the problem. Disney don't have any real competition in Europe and they know it.

Let's just hope the Frozen ride is more akin to the newer one in Toyko than the refurb in WDW. Think it's a bit overstating that 8 years for just that given the rest of the work involved in the expansion project as a whole.

The comments on Lion King were funny given that a lot of them just assumed it would be a reskin. Shows how much people know/expect from Disney parks. Presumably this will be in place of the Star Wars area that has gone dead it seems.

Think it's just a shame that Paris is always at the back of the queue for anything. Need to fill those empty plots in the main park at SOME point.

Let's just hope the Frozen ride is more akin to the newer one in Toyko than the refurb in WDW. Think it's a bit overstating that 8 years for just that given the rest of the work involved in the expansion project as a whole.

The comments on Lion King were funny given that a lot of them just assumed it would be a reskin. Shows how much people know/expect from Disney parks. Presumably this will be in place of the Star Wars area that has gone dead it seems.

Think it's just a shame that Paris is always at the back of the queue for anything. Need to fill those empty plots in the main park at SOME point.
No the frozen ride is a clone of the Hong Kong ride not that of Tokyo so the cheaper smaller version.

France have odd construction rules which means everything has to be made of concrete so that could be the reason.

With the new park having to be built in the next decade or they loose the land I have a horrible feeling the main park will be another 10 years without any new things. If UGB comes along it will be interesting how much they will work on improving the park especially for the second biggest group of visitors.

How can Frozen not be opening until 2026. It really baffles me how long Disneyland Paris take to do anything. I'm sure Fantasy Springs over at Tokyo has been announced and built quicker than this and it's a 1/4 of the size.

How can Frozen not be opening until 2026. It really baffles me how long Disneyland Paris take to do anything. I'm sure Fantasy Springs over at Tokyo has been announced and built quicker than this and it's a 1/4 of the size.
I don't know, it's insane that it's taking that long. I hope numbers fall off a cliff between now and 2026. Only then will Disney realise that they need to be swift in construction and keep investing and new offerings.

I don't know, it's insane that it's taking that long. I hope numbers fall off a cliff between now and 2026. Only then will Disney realise that they need to be swift in construction and keep investing and new offerings.

No chance given their usual numbers in Florida/California with the length of time it's taken things like Tron to open.

8 years to open a boat ride they already have another version of in another Disney Park is absolutely laughable.

4 years to open a new log flume style attraction? Epic Universe practically been built in 4/5 years and that's an entire park.

Disney make some great attractions it can't be denied but my word they take way too long to do anything.

WDW the big winners of D23. If all that stuff actually goes ahead it's going to make a huge difference to the resort.

I think Disney’s general issue is that they announce right at the very very beginning of starting an attraction. For most of the stuff announced at D23 the construction won’t even start until next year.

Whereas Universal had started building Velocicoaster but when asked they stated it’s “just a churro stand” and then only made the firm announcement months before opening. Even at Epic Universe we’ve only got official announcement of the rides in the lands over the last few months so a year before opening. Prior to that it was just one or two bits of concept art of the whole park.
Whereas Disney would have had full concept out of every land before ground even broke and then backtracked as things were cancelled.