• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

I'm beginning to lose hope about us getting what we want at Disneyland Paris in general. Seems that Lion King is another single side area. Another announcement was teased by a DLP exec as being "just as big as Lion King" but turned out to be just this (Originally posted on DIScord by dlpr//Graeme):
1723645628497.png

It amazes me that more is not made of the fact that the actual Disneyland Paris park has not received a new attraction since opening? Is that correct?

I'm hopeful with the opening of a UK Universal park, that it finally makes DLP invest in its main park.

It amazes me that more is not made of the fact that the actual Disneyland Paris park has not received a new attraction since opening? Is that correct?

I'm hopeful with the opening of a UK Universal park, that it finally makes DLP invest in its main park.

Last brand new attraction was Space Mountain in 1995.

Buzz was the last new attraction in 2006, but that did replace an existing attraction so it didn’t add capacity to the park.

Ah ok, Still, compared to the other Disney parks that is mad.

Genuine question for all...do you think because of the popularity of its IP that they don't need to invest in the main park? Looking at it from a business POV, it's the most attended park in Europe, why would they?

Ah ok, Still, compared to the other Disney parks that is mad.

Genuine question for all...do you think because of the popularity of its IP that they don't need to invest in the main park? Looking at it from a business POV, it's the most attended park in Europe, why would they?
I would possibly go with that theory too; if you look at the American parks, there's a lot of constantly evolving competition and whilst we've got some stunning parks in Europe, DLP is a reasonably unique offering with a loyal audience. They've had significant cash flow issues over the years too so maybe a "if it ain't broke" vibe? All the current work on the Village/Old Studios etc is the most significant changes I ever remember for DLP (apart from when studios were built)! The main park is stunning but after frequenting it since opening year, I've become less and less compelled to go.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has more info on the DLP strategy?

I think most of the capital investment since 2002 has basically had to go in the Studios because of how bad it is/was.

Tower of Terror, Crush’s Coaster, Toystory Playland and Ratatouille basically swept up all the money they had to spend on new things, and arguably only scratched the surface of the issues with that park.

I believe Buzz was also supposed to go in the studios but they decided last minute to save money on having to construct a new building to just put it in Discovery Land in an existing building instead.

Last edited:
We went to DLP last year. First time I had been since 1994 as a kid. The main park is stunning and it took me right back but it was very noticeable that it was exactly the same. I won't go back every year because a) it's expensive and b) there is nothing new to see / do in the main DLP park. I visited the studios park and couldn't believe how bad it was. The rebrand of it makes sense but theming and attraction wise it was all over the place.

Maybe I just went at a bad time but add in the awful transition period of Disney Village when I was there and I left feeling so underwhelmed (and financially crippled).

It might just be that the DLP main park doesn't need to offer new attractions. Maybe the novelty of being the only one in Europe is enough and it sells itself?

I suppose one things DLP does have in its favour is that it is still true to the parks original vision. And what a vision that was! I'd say Imagineering were at their absolute peak then. New and original rides, that still played homage to the classics. Potentially the best versions of Frontierland, Adventureland and Tomorow/Discoveryland in the world. The latter of which is the only area that's been messed with since its opening, and even then would only need a few updates to return it to what it was.

We always say WDS is the reason DLP hasn't seen any major additions. But it could also be in part because DLP doesn't need fixing.

Having said that I havn't been back I'm over 10 years now, and while I'll mostly attribute that to the extortionate priceses I have to admit a significant expansion probably would have swayed me. Doesn't Frontierland and Adventureland both have massive expansion slots that have never been used?

Been to Disneyland Paris four times in the past 3 years and I think the main park is pretty perfect -- definitely open spaces that could and should be filled with rides but I'm happy they're focusing on the other park atm

Been to Disneyland Paris four times in the past 3 years and I think the main park is pretty perfect -- definitely open spaces that could and should be filled with rides but I'm happy they're focusing on the other park atm

It was perfect until they shoehorned Star Wars into the best indoor roller coaster in the world

No YOU let it go!

It was perfect until they shoehorned Star Wars into the best indoor roller coaster in the world

No YOU let it go!

I mean it had already been ruined when it got "upgraded" to Mission 2.

Least Star Wars had the courtesy of bringing new trains with it.

We went for the first time this year with our kids (3/4 and 16) and we loved it. Cost us a fortune, as we went all-in, but we came away absolutely delighted and can’t wait to book again for next year! You would never think that some of the rides are as old are they are.

After the success of our recent Efteling trip i'm now planning our next one, our first trip to DLP!

I'm thinking either January (son's birthday) or March. Any thoughts on which would be better? Only concern with January is adverse weather. Obviously most attractions are indoors but if it's freezing and wet might be a bit much regardless?

Does Big Thunder Mountain run in pretty much any weather as i think that would be a key ride?

After the success of our recent Efteling trip i'm now planning our next one, our first trip to DLP!

I'm thinking either January (son's birthday) or March. Any thoughts on which would be better? Only concern with January is adverse weather. Obviously most attractions are indoors but if it's freezing and wet might be a bit much regardless?

Does Big Thunder Mountain run in pretty much any weather as i think that would be a key ride?
It can run in any weather (apart from absolute extremes) however it does suffer a lot of downtime and I'd check the attraction closures page to make sure it's not closed for refurbishment during your trip.

Wrap up warm and take full advantage of the number of indoor areas on offer throughout.

If it does snow it's mostly the outdoor coasters that close (or coasters that have outdoor areas in case of Space Mountain & Crush). However I've done the park in heavy snow and it was lovely. Tower of Terror doors opening to a snowstorm was an experience.

I went on a drizzly cold day in December last year and Big Thunder Mountain was running all day

Wrap up warm and take full advantage of the number of indoor areas on offer throughout.

If it does snow it's mostly the outdoor coasters that close (or coasters that have outdoor areas in case of Space Mountain & Crush). However I've done the park in heavy snow and it was lovely. Tower of Terror doors opening to a snowstorm was an experience.

Oh i thought Space Mountain was all indoors? That's the one essential ride i think so perhaps January isn't wise.