• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

Watched a few reviews (TPWW and Coaster Studio) and they mention both Space Mountain and Avengers being pretty rough coasters which is disappointing for a family park. Any other opinions on those?

Starting to think we should just go to Efteling again šŸ˜‚

I'd have put them the other way round (admittedly last time I did Avengers it was still RnRC so it might have deteriorated). I wouldn't say either is particularly bad though

I'd have put them the other way round (admittedly last time I did Avengers it was still RnRC so it might have deteriorated). I wouldn't say either is particularly bad though
Ah, never been on it when it was RnRC but Avengers was incredibly uncomfortable each time I've ridden it, really harsh restraints that bump your head throughout the ride

Ah, never been on it when it was RnRC but Avengers was incredibly uncomfortable each time I've ridden it, really harsh restraints that bump your head throughout the ride

Anything in the UK youā€™d compare it to?

My son loves Vampire which is a little head bumpy whereas Rage is 50/50 he wants to go home or go on again. I think theyā€™re the only OTSR he has been on (not including vests).

Iā€™m with John, Iā€™d definitely put Space Mountain as rougher than Avengers (having ridden both Avengers and RnRC)
Fair enough, I might just be the right height for the restraints on Avengers to clip my ears. Space Mountain definitely is jolty but I can brace against it better, whereas Avengers leaves me with as much of a headache as Saw does

Rock n Rollercoaster I found to be borderline unrideable. Havenā€™t experienced the new version though .

Space Mountsin I thought was ok

Space Mountain is helped drastically by the newer trains with the vest restraints. Whilst you can still feel the train clattering around, you donā€™t have the uncomfortable sensation of getting your ears bashed.

The last time I did Flight Farce it was rougher than I remembered it being during the RnR days, but still rideable. Iā€™d say the likes of Colossus are less pleasant.

I think DLP will suffer in the main park at some point as the lack of investment in new attractions will surface all the main coasters are approaching 30 years old , BTM is having lots of mechanical issues this year. It suffered a brake issue last week just outside the station ( i would assume stuck on) knowing how these things normally work, the ride was down most of the day for different reasons, opened 11:30 closed 2-3 times each varying from 1-3h the ride reopened at 21:55 for a 22:00 park close .

When the time comes the park could have a big lack of reliable / available coasters

I think DLP will suffer in the main park at some point as the lack of investment in new attractions will surface all the main coasters are approaching 30 years old , BTM is having lots of mechanical issues this year. It suffered a brake issue last week just outside the station ( i would assume stuck on) knowing how these things normally work, the ride was down most of the day for different reasons, opened 11:30 closed 2-3 times each varying from 1-3h the ride reopened at 21:55 for a 22:00 park close .

When the time comes the park could have a big lack of reliable / available coasters
Totally agree, it's why I found it surprising that a star wars tron styled coaster that has been floated about was not mentioned at D23. The land behind star tours for the old pizza planet has been suggested. It would give some room to breathe with replacing the other rides. The most interesting will be the btm underwater replacement!

So Space Mountain is vest restraints (like Mandril Mayhem) and Avengers is OTSR (like Vampire)?

Do they both have bag storage next to the train or is it lockers? Or bags on train?

Yep that's correct, and bags (oddly, when compared to the UK..!) are on train.

Ok that's good to hear, Space Mountain sounds like it'll be best for my son then (but we will try both), the trip is on!

Yeah Efteling was bags on for almost everything, even the 4 inversions of Python, though they did have a multi-language sign explaining how the centrifugal force prevents items from falling which i thought was nice.