• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

The days of original E-Ticket attractions are sadly over. Matt is right, as much as people on forums decry IP-based rides, it's what Disney the company is configured to do at this point, and realistically what people want, or at least don't care about either way, and if normal people like a Guardians of the Galaxy ride as much as a non-Guardians of the Galaxy ride, why not build the first one and tie it into the movies and the merchandise and everything else, at the same cost?

A CEO at a company the size of Disney which has been bought on for 2 years is likely going to be focusing on making the non-profitable areas profitable and finding a suitable replacement for him - as his tenure has a clear expiry date.

I think he will be taking very little interest in the theme parks, as realistically they are doing well, and things at Disney take so long to plan and build, anything he potentially puts in place would far outstrip his time back at Disney.

It's a move to try and calm investors and shareholders until they find a replacement realistically.

We had a trip to DLP booked just as the pandemic kicked off so it got cancelled. At the time I was gutted, but with how expensive it is to visit the park now, I don’t think we will be visiting anytime soon when there are many other options across Europe that come in far cheaper and offer just as good if not better experiences.

Last edited:
We had a trip to DLP booked just as the pandemic kicked off so it got cancelled. At the time I was gutted, but with how expensive it is to visit the park now, I don’t think we will be visiting anytime soon when there are many other options across Europe that come in far cheaper and are just as good if not better experiences.
We are visiting that area of France end August 2023 - mainly to got to Parc Asterix - I can't decide if it is worth it, got no real Disney interest - I just checked the price for a one day visit family of 4 - it's £407!! Went to Energylandia this weekend it was £15 each and I imagine is more our type of park (Zadra night rides best in Europe for us plus Hyperion), great xmas theming. What makes DLP £347 better, plus cost of F&B etc?

I've pulled it off the itinerary for our 2023 Europe trip because it's so fricking expensive, and tbh my husband isn't that interested in Disney. I've not been since I was a tween and I would like to go back sometime, but I'm also concerned that as a bill-paying adult the experience might be nowhere near as 'magical' as I remember it...

Last edited:
I will be happy if the new CEO adds some non-IP attractions, because I think that an original storyline is more important than a franchise.
I think you need to recognise that the IPs were created by the company. It's not like they are buying junk from all over the place, they're just implementing attractions using characters and stories that they created/own.

What's the point of having a portfolio of media properties if you're not going to use them ?

If you're going to spend half a billion dollars on Cosmic Rewind, why wouldn't you use one of your properties as part of that ?

I think you need to recognise that the IPs were created by the company. It's not like they are buying junk from all over the place, they're just implementing attractions using characters and stories that they created/own.

What's the point of having a portfolio of media properties if you're not going to use them ?

If you're going to spend half a billion dollars on Cosmic Rewind, why wouldn't you use one of your properties as part of that ?
I prefer rides which are completely original, rather than using an IP. However, your argument in this post has made me see IPs in Disney attractions slightly differently.

There is a Non IP attraction coming to one of the parks, replacing the old tarzan Treehouse. It's said to be expecting to have an original story with original ideas and characters.
I know, and I am quite happy about it. Weren't there rumours it was going to be themed to Encanto at one stage?

I know, and I am quite happy about it. Weren't there rumours it was going to be themed to Encanto at one stage?
I don't recall so, but I'm extremely happy they've decided to take the original theme route instead. I think it'll be called the Adventureland Treehouse. The concept art looks really nice as well. Nothing ambitious, just nice and fun looking. I think it's at WDW.

I don't recall so, but I'm extremely happy they've decided to take the original theme route instead. I think it'll be called the Adventureland Treehouse. The concept art looks really nice as well. Nothing ambitious, just nice and fun looking. I think it's at WDW.

These were the rumours I was referring to. I agree that it is a very good idea that the theme of the treehouse will be original.

://wdwnt.com/2022/04/breaking-tarzans-treehouse-being-rethemed-possibly-to-encanto-at-disneyland-park/

These were the rumours I was referring to. I agree that it is a very good idea that the theme of the treehouse will be original.
Before we go off topic as this is DisneyLand Paris's forum, hopefully in the next 20 years we could see a revival of more non IP attractions. If you want to continue this discussion, there is a WDW forum.

Last edited:
Before we go off topic as this is DosneyLand Paris's forum, hopefully in the next 20 years we could see a revival of more non IP attractions. If you want to continue this discussion, there is a WDW forum.
Sorry, I seem to be quite good at going off topic sometimes.