• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Paris: General Discussion

I’ve not been yet but what’s the root of the general dislike of the park? Is it the lack of attractions compared to the main park?

The ones they have look great and I assume you can wander between parks or are they separate tickets?

Is it the equivalent of Ferrari Land at PortAventura?

I’ve not been yet but what’s the root of the general dislike of the park? Is it the lack of attractions compared to the main park?

The ones they have look great and I assume you can wander between parks or are they separate tickets?

I honestly really like the park, but then again I've only ever been with free tickets for both parks

Its bigger than Ferrari Land I think, but it still never quite felt like a finished full park and probably still won't after the new lands.

It used to have some great shows like CineMagique, but some attractions like Rock n Rollercoaster just felt like poor clones of Florida. Ratatouile was the first quality addition to the park. The studio tour never felt right because its not a working studio.

It was built on the cheap (for Disney anyway), they have added various attractions over the years, some better than others - but it has never really worked cohesively.

It doesn’t help that it’s right next door to arguably the prettiest Disney castle park in the world, so it’s a rather jarring comparison.

IMG_6608.jpeg

IMG_6607.jpeg

You can purchase either one or two park tickets depending on what you want.

I’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for the park but have no idea why really, I suppose it’s because it is the underdog. At least they are keeping the best part theme wise which is the entrance area and Tower of Terror.

It's truly the worst theme park I've ever been to, and I am generally pretty forgiving about these things... I even liked California Adventure 1.0, which is actually a good point of comparison. As Disney's other infamous "worst park ever," when it opened it at least had a few great and unique rides (Soarin', Grizzly River Run, California Screamin') and a relatively cohesive creative direction, even if a solid 50% of that creative direction was "how many terrible puns about Hollywood can we come up with."

The Walt Disney Studios/Disney Adventure World has nothing, and I mean nothing, going for it. Visually it's like the parts of the Universal Studios Hollywood tram tour between the King Kong attraction and the big outdoor movie sets where you drive through a bunch of nondescript production offices and they have Jimmy Kimmel show up on the tram's monitors so you aren't bored to death, and the ride lineup is about as bad. Tower of Terror is good, I guess, and I didn't hate Crush's Coaster. Everything else ranges from mediocre to, well, whatever Cars Road Trip is.

It's truly the worst theme park I've ever been to, and I am generally pretty forgiving about these things... I even liked California Adventure 1.0, which is actually a good point of comparison. As Disney's other infamous "worst park ever," when it opened it at least had a few great and unique rides (Soarin', Grizzly River Run, California Screamin') and a relatively cohesive creative direction, even if a solid 50% of that creative direction was "how many terrible puns about Hollywood can we come up with."

The Walt Disney Studios/Disney Adventure World has nothing, and I mean nothing, going for it. Visually it's like the parts of the Universal Studios Hollywood tram tour between the King Kong attraction and the big outdoor movie sets where you drive through a bunch of nondescript production offices and they have Jimmy Kimmel show up on the tram's monitors so you aren't bored to death, and the ride lineup is about as bad. Tower of Terror is good, I guess, and I didn't hate Crush's Coaster. Everything else ranges from mediocre to, well, whatever Cars Road Trip is.

A scathing review if i ever did see one.

Avengers Assemble, Ratatouille and Spiderman all look good from what i've seen, not a fan?

A scathing review if i ever did see one.

Avengers Assemble, Ratatouille and Spiderman all look good from what i've seen, not a fan?

A re-themed indoor blacklight coaster that is outclassed in every way by the re-themed indoor blacklight coaster an 8-minute walk away in Tomorrowland, "Oops, We Forgot The Animatronics: The Ride," and a seemingly "it's fun if you're 8" entirely screen-based video game that I admit to not having ridden but from POVs it manages to look about a tenth as exciting as the Spiderman ride that opened 23 years prior.

And as of today these are spots 3 through 5 on the "List of 5 Best Attractions At Walt Disney Studios Park Disney Adventure World"

Universal coming to steal Disney's lunch. Why does everything Disney seem to do these days appear slightly desperate/ lame.

The whole company is all over the place. Tis very little wonder the theme park side is being affected too.

Studios has always suffered from that 2000s issue Disney had as well. Slowly improved but the place couldn't get much worse from the start. I've always enjoyed visits there purely as it emptied out in the last hours so walk-ons everywhere.

Didn't they only build it because they had a legal agreement with the French government to build a second gate by a specific date.

a seemingly "it's fun if you're 8" entirely screen-based video game that I admit to not having ridden but from POVs it manages to look about a tenth as exciting as the Spiderman ride that opened 23 years prior."

It's dire. It's like a bad Wii game complete with flailing arms. Like many people in sedentary, office-based jobs staring at a screen, the last thing I want from theme park escapism, is to be faced with yet more screens.

ToT is outstanding though. Wish it was in the main park, so I could skip Studios and do DLP in a day or two.

Didn't they only build it because they had a legal agreement with the French government to build a second gate by a specific date.
Yes and they keep having to get permission not to build a third gate as that was due by 2026 but they now have until 2036.

I don’t hate the Studios (soon to be Adventure) park, but must admit it’s lacking much substance compared to its beautiful neighbour and the parks in Orlando.

TOT is stunning no doubt, Crush is great (shame they didn’t build 2) and Ratatouille is enjoyable in one of the few immersive areas of the park.

The rest of the studios needs a lot of work, lacking cohesion, flow and character in many places. The Studios theme doesn’t really work anymore and seemed like a carbon copy of Hollywood Studios from the start.

The problem has always been that several attempts over its 22 year history have come across as cheaply bandaging the problems and not really rectifying its identity. At least for Disney standards.

The new changes and developments although promising, do make me question whether this is enough and the right way to tackle this? Even looking at Avengers Campus, it’s a nice enough area, but lacks that ‘Je ne sais quoi’ when you look at the likes of Star Wars & Avatar land.

I've made several posts in this thread (over many years) ripping into WDS for being a pretty lousy place to be. It's gradually improving but vast parts of it remain a soulless mess.

The park does at least have a number of genuinely good rides nowadays (some utterly terrible ones too) but it's not somewhere I want to spend any time - I've always seen it as a park where I just want to quickly tick off the rides and then leave. Trouble is you have to wait 75 minutes if you want to go on Crush's

What a god awful name. I fully understand them giving the park an overhaul but surely they can come up with something better than that.

Even something like Disney World of Adventure / Worlds of Adventure or keeping the original would be be an improvement. Not a good move IMO