• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Resort, California: General Discussion

Disney and More have posted an aerial photo from about a week ago showing progress on Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland:

You can clearly see the two circular bases for the Millennium Falcon ride. The batlle ride structure (to the right) appears to be coming along very well.

:)

There are also a lot of videos of the reopened Railroad online. I have to say I'm actually glad they changed the route because now it's far more visible from within the park and makes for a great spectacle from the rivers of America. It made me realise that for such an iconic / significant Disney parks ride you very rarely notice the train outside of main street and passing over Small World (which it doesn't even do in Florida).

I don't think this was ever posted in here when it was announced, so here goes. Disneyland have announced that Paradise Pier is to be rethemed to Pixar Pier for 2018. As part of this, California Screamin' will be closing on 8th January 2018 to be refurbished into Incredicoaster. This will entail features such as a new onboard audio soundtrack themed to the Incredibles and a new station. I'm not too sure about this, but I did hear somewhere that the ride is being repainted red. Other parts of Pixar Pier include;
  • New "neighbourhoods" themed around Toy Story, Inside Out and "a selection of your favourite Pixar films and characters".
  • A retheme of Mickey's Fun Wheel so that each gondola represents a different Pixar film/character.
  • Rethemes of the games stalls to Pixar characters.
The remainder of Paradise Pier will become part of a new area called Paradise Park. What do you guys think of these changes? I personally think they sound great, but I do think that California Screamin' to the Incredibles is almost like ToT to Guardians in that California Screamin' is very iconic to Disneyland. Of course, I am supporting this change far more than I supported ToT to Guardians in 2016, but I just decided to raise the point. I've never been to Disneyland, so I can't really comment on ToT or Guardians.

I'm mixed on this, I love the Pixar themes Disney is coming up with but to replace an already decent area especially with more characters.

Hopefully they can implement a good balance between the old and new.

I think the Paradise Pier vista across the lake to California Screamin’ is that park’s most iconic view. I’m not sure if painting the whole thing red will have a detrimental effect.

If I had to guess, I’d say yes, but that’s clearly not going to stop Disney’s insescent march towards shoehorning IPs into every available corner.

Well we've not had a Disneyland Galaxy's Edge construction update for a while! Disney have shared the following video:

It's coming along rather nicely!

:)

Hmm... oh dear. Cheap overlay I expected and cheap overlay we got. Those "effects" in the tunnels are extremely bad.. makes you wonder why they even bothered to be honest.

Hmm... oh dear. Cheap overlay I expected and cheap overlay we got. Those "effects" in the tunnels are extremely bad.. makes you wonder why they even bothered to be honest.

giphy.gif

It never used to stop on that last MCBR, did it? Why on Earth have they done that?
Will be interesting to see what Tony Goldmark ("Some Jerk With a Camera") has to say about it in his next video, he loved California Screamin'.

I guess even Disney can't polish a turd.

It never used to stop on that last MCBR, did it? Why on Earth have they done that?
Will be interesting to see what Tony Goldmark ("Some Jerk With a Camera") has to say about it in his next video, he loved California Screamin'.

I guess even Disney can't polish a turd.

It wont normally stop on that MCBR, it certainly doesn't in another POV I have seen of the makeover, I assume the block ahead wasn't clear hence why it stopped.

D23's Destination D event took place over the weekend and Disney announced more details regaring the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge areas coming to Disneyland and Hollywood Studios.

The Millennium Falcon ride will be named Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, and the battle ride will be named Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

It was also confirmed that John Williams is producing is new and original soundtrack for the areas. Clearly an IMAscore sountrack would have been better but you can't win them all!

I am more of a casual Star Wars viewer than a fan, however I am very excited for these areas.

A bit late, but if anyone is interested, here's his video on the matter:

Galaxy's Edge is looking pretty special to be fair. Definitely on a par with the Potterverse if not better.

That Incredicoaster was a good idea in theory and I can see why they went with it but those tunnels and theming in them look like the quality you'd find in a dirt cheap European park, not a Disney Park.

Galaxy's Edge is looking pretty special to be fair. Definitely on a par with the Potterverse if not better.

That Incredicoaster was a good idea in theory and I can see why they went with it but those tunnels and theming in them look like the quality you'd find in a dirt cheap European park, not a Disney Park.

Original California Adventure and Walt Disney Studios say hi ;)

The proportions of that Falcon are all wrong. The front mandibles are way too small.

... I'd make a joke about how Disney have ruined Star Wars, but I'd be about five years too late for that.