• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Resort, California: General Discussion

Is there an approximate opening date for this (I have been paying zero attention). DL & DCA has reached the top of my to do list but I really don't want to accidentally visit on opening day.

Is there an approximate opening date for this (I have been paying zero attention). DL & DCA has reached the top of my to do list but I really don't want to accidentally visit on opening day.

All they have said so far for California is Summer 2019 (Florida’s is late fall 2019). I would expect somewhere around mid June to late July.

Attraction Magazine have posted some new rumours relating to the detail of Star Wars land, in particular a walk through of the Rise of the Resistance ride. While it is only rumours if you don't want any spoilers I wouldn't read the article. It does sound amazing and the potential to be one of the best Dark Rides in the world topping the top ones at Universal.

https://attractionsmagazine.com/rumor-queue-rise-of-the-resistance/

I cant wait to hopefully try it for myself when visit California later this year, not looking forward to the queues though!!!

Never seen a single Star Wars film, have no interest in the franchise whatsoever but the RoR ride sounds insane.

I'm avoiding reading too many details about the rides themselves as I am going in September, but the Rise of the Resistance ride sounds very promising.

I am slightly concerned about the size of the crowds at Disneyland once Star Wars all opens. They're already introducing significant price increases to try and combat that. I'd imagine the first few weeks are going to be hell on earth!

Those first few weeks will be hell, The advantage with Disneyland is once the hellish Summer crowds are out of the way is that both California parks have loads of high capacity rides to help soak up the queues, each park has a lot more rides/attractions than any of the Disneyworld Parks. When we visited previous even on a very busy day ride queues were not to bad and what looked like crowd chaos was actually very well managed by the cast members. However I am under no illusion the parks will be very busy when visit in Oct.

The issue with Disneyland is that it's not designed for the number of guests it receives, areas such as around Indiana Jones are utterly awful when there's a modicum of busyness...

This land sounds more and more interesting as it goes... I'm still sorely tempted to book a trip out there for this year purely because of this...

The issue with Disneyland is that it's not designed for the number of guests it receives, areas such as around Indiana Jones are utterly awful when there's a modicum of busyness...

Sadly, common for many Disney parks. DisneySea is horrendously busy and the crowding and waits for food can be unbelievable.

This land sounds more and more interesting as it goes... I'm still sorely tempted to book a trip out there for this year purely because of this...
Sadly, common for many Disney parks. DisneySea is horrendously busy and the crowding and waits for food can be unbelievable.

At least at the Magic Kingdom at Disneyworld they rebuilt the hub in front of the castle to help with the crowds and provide more firework viewing area. Sadly Disneyland doesn't quite have the space and also a lot of people feel that the hub at Disneyland is more "protected" as its Walts original park.

D23 have posted an extensive article regarding Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge including a look at the food and drink that is going to be available in the land. Well worth a read, and here a few of the many photos they have posted:

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-5.jpg

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-21.jpg

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-3.jpg

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-11.jpg

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-7.jpg

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-12.jpg

This land is going to take things to another level!

So hyped for 2021 when I get to experience the Florida version. Waiting for my little lad to be old enough and big enough to merit a trip over there.

It really does look next level stuff this new area. Disney might take their time with new developments but they rarely disappoint. Being a big Star Wars fan too is just a bonus.

This area does look fantastic I have to say.

If you go on Google Earth in the browser through Chrome. Disneyland, as with most of the Disney Parks is in 3D. Interestingly though the last 3D scan of Disneyland is fairly recent maybe 6 to 12 months ago, so you can actually view this land in 3D as it was at that stage of construction, which was quite far. It gives you a very good idea of the scale of the land and layout. It is impressive! Massive show buildings with loads of little buildings and places to explore, amazing how they have fit it.

Infact, out of all the Disney Parks, what is most impressive about Disneyland, is how they have used every last little bit of land on their plot. Looking at it from google earths shows how impressive this is.

Last edited:
There are rumours coming out of Disneyland that Fastpass options for both of the Star Wars rides will only be available via the MaxPass system, which costs $15 per day (at present) and allows you to make ride reservations via the Disney app.

Disney need to be careful. There is a breaking point when it comes to pricing, not sure we are quite there yet but it is coming.

I can't get my head around this. Disney of all places do not need to charge for Fast Pass.

With the money they make is it really worth sacrificing overall guest satisfaction for the sake of a few extra $?

Having said that, they've got such a vast demographic of visitors that it will always sell. People spend absolutely ridiculous money at those parks so why not an extra $15?

Is this a temporary measure for when the land first opens to control the demand for fastpass? The predicted crowds for this are unlike anything seen for a long time.

20,000 people running for fastpass machines at rope drop isn’t quite the look Disney are going for.

Fanboys (both Disney and Star Wars) will hand it over without question.