• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Disneyland Resort, California: General Discussion

Disney have finally dropped the single release of Start a Wave, the main song from World of Color ONE.

From: https://music.apple.com/gb/album/start-a-wave-feat-cody-fry-from-world-of-color-one/1678210234?i=1678210236

From: https://open.spotify.com/track/5gWhUfRR74HAbd88X1hP4f

Personally I think it might be one of my favourites they’ve done for a show thus far. I love the lyrics and they fit with the theme of the 100th perfectly.

Here’s the full show for anyone who’s interested and hasn’t seen it yet:

So err… Slight issue with this evening’s performance of Flamtasmic…

From: https://twitter.com/PeterSciretta/status/1650023672143572992/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1650023672143572992&currentTweetUser=PeterSciretta

Disney will be getting a reputation for combustible dragons at this rate 😂

No doubt the show will be either suspended for a while or be running in a long term B mode, sans dragon. I’d guess given how consumed the piece became it’ll be a pretty major rebuild needed/full replacement.

I’d assume that there came a point where the kerosene/fuel started leaking and dropping down from the head onto the rest of the structure which helped it become engulfed. Even if the material itself was somewhat flame retardant, a flammable liquid on top of it might still burn to the point that the surface begins to take too.

The larger burst towards the end looks to me like some sort of fuel or hydraulic line then ruptured and added a load more fuel to the fire.

Clearly not something they ever expected to happen either, seeing as they just had one person with a fire extinguisher and one person with a hose pipe in initial attempts to put it out!

Fantasmic at Disneyland is such an incredible show. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for them to get a new dragon built and repair any other damage. But this is Disney, so we could be looking at years!

Splash Mountain is now closed, leaving only one version of the ride remaining, the one at Tokyo Disneyland.

As a former Disneyland local, Splash Mountain was up there with Indy and the Matterhorn as my favorite rides of all time. I got one last ride on it at the end of 2019, which I'm very grateful for now, but I'm not totally upset to see it go. The main reason is that all the animatronics were repurposed from America Sings, which opened in 1974, making them almost 50 years old and really showing their age on a ride that's very heavy on animatronics to begin with. I'm a little sad that I'll never get to ride the Splash I grew up with, but I am looking forward to the new version especially if they don't cut corners and really bring it up to the standards of a solid modern dark ride.

The silver lining is that Tokyo Disneyland's version is easily the best of them, so the ride will be around in what I consider to be its best version for some years to come. The catch is: you have to go to Japan, and, for the complete experience, speak a bit of Japanese.

Splash Mountain is now closed, leaving only one version of the ride remaining, the one at Tokyo Disneyland.

As a former Disneyland local, Splash Mountain was up there with Indy and the Matterhorn as my favorite rides of all time. I got one last ride on it at the end of 2019, which I'm very grateful for now, but I'm not totally upset to see it go. The main reason is that all the animatronics were repurposed from America Sings, which opened in 1974, making them almost 50 years old and really showing their age on a ride that's very heavy on animatronics to begin with. I'm a little sad that I'll never get to ride the Splash I grew up with, but I am looking forward to the new version especially if they don't cut corners and really bring it up to the standards of a solid modern dark ride.

The silver lining is that Tokyo Disneyland's version is easily the best of them, so the ride will be around in what I consider to be its best version for some years to come. The catch is: you have to go to Japan, and, for the complete experience, speak a bit of Japanese.
We rode it in October and it was probably the one version of a ride at both US destinations in which I felt Disney's World's is superior.

Still had a good time on it but felt dated.