Disneyland Resort, California: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by Sam, 29th Jun 2012.

1. Maelstrom

Maelstrom TowersStreet Member

More details have now ermerged and apparently isn’t going to be a third park but two large expansions to both existing parks. With a bridge Linking both parks to their new lands/areas bridges have trees on each side so can’t see out of the park., Plus whole new retail and dinning area, plus new hotels. Replaces parking areas which are next to Disneyland hotel.

jon81uk and Matt N like this.
  2. CSLKenny

CSLKenny TowersStreet Member

Matt N likes this.
  3. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Interesting, just had a very quick look and nothing concrete has been announced at all. This is simply a future vision that Disney have for Disneyland Resort as under current planning regulations they have very limited theme park expansion space.

Hopefully it is approved by the City of Anaheim, although I am sure it won't be that simple.

4. Benjsh

Benjsh TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    TBf that's a pretty clever use of space if it gets approved. No way is that big enough to be a stand alone park. If it was it wouldn't be very big at all given there's two great big hotels in that area too.

Wonder what IP's they'd opt for if it does get built?

Charlie Newbold likes this.
  5. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    I guess it depends when they'd actually be building on the sites and what is popular at the time but also going to be timeless to an extent. On the development website they have used existing projects at other Disney theme parks as example of what could be built; things like Arandale, Zootopia, Toy Story, Tron etc.

Benjsh likes this.
  6. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

Yeah at the moment this is just Disneyland saying, that land that we previously said was just going to be parking and hotels, we want to put theme park on it instead, and asking for permission.

Will be a long way off before new attractions get built I expect.
    But seems like a good way to expand both parks slightly and add second entrances to them.
    Although I think California Adventure still has some closed attractions and other areas that could be built on if needed first. But Disneyland is almost as built out as it can be.

7. Benjsh

Benjsh TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    A dedicated Toy Story land and a another to Frozen would make the most sense. Probably two of their most popular IP's which I can't see ever going away. They'd certainly be the most lucrative.