• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Djurs Sommerland: General Discussion

I think it'll fit nicely between Thor's Hammer and Piraten as a step from a milder family coaster up to a taller, longer and faster coaster and then finally up to the white knuckle coaster.

All I'd say the park need to do now for their coasters is to build something like a well-themed Mack mine train as a stepping-stone from Karlo's Taxi to Thor's Hammer, or replace Karlo's Taxi with something like either one of Drayton's kiddie coasters. Finally, a new white knuckle coaster should probably include a few inversions.

I don't know what they could afford though, and over what sort of time scale they'd be able to build those kinds of rides.

Well that's disappointing! I'm sure it will be good for what it is and hopefully it will be themed nicely as in the concept. You can't help but feel disappointed though when you are expecting the announcement of a new thrill coaster. Oh well!

:)

I do wish other parks would learn from Alton's mistake and stop advertising rides above what they are. When someone announces that they are working on "the biggest news in Denmark next year" when several other Danish parks are making some fairly large investment then people will expect something more than this.

The ride looks like an interesting mix between Jet Rescue and something a fair bit bigger but watching the video I found it underwhelming. It may have multiple launches but 85 Km/h (assuming that's what km/t means) isn’t unheard of for a family coaster and from the video at least I barely noticed them. As far as family rides go it looks good but nothing to special.

I have to say, whilst I was holding out hope for a Blitz, it seemed inevitable that it would be a jet rescue type coaster. The layout of the footers was just too similar. It's a decision that makes the most business sense as well. It's not a huge park and they already have a signature thrill coaster in Piraten. A big family coaster was exactly what they needed to entice that incredibly lucrative part of the market and strengthen the park's ride lineup overall. It's only the likes of Cedar point and SFFM that add back to back thrill machines.

Although my excitement is slightly diminished by this announcement, I think this will still be one to watch. I am a fan of good family coasters and if the theming on the ride turns out to be anything like the press images, it could still be a fantastic ride experience.

I don't think that we can accuse Djurs of "pulling a Thirteen" yet because they have never billed this ride as a thrill coaster. All they did was gave us the stats to generate interest and it worked. They never said it would be the most psychologically challenging coaster ever or made up publicity stunts involving waivers, they just told us they were building a double launch coaster and it would be the longest in Denmark. All of which is true, it's just that some people formed their own ideas and the reality didn't match up.

Is it just me, or is this a terrible video to "present" such a coaster (who`s artworks show a "heavily" themed ride)...I don`t know...this is 2012...no park of that scale should release this kind of poor animation these days...right ? ???

Check out this video at about 2:10 in, the theming looks nowhere near as good as the concept art, but at least the station has a groovy pyramid! Oh and prepare for a scare if you watch the last few seconds of the video. B&B&B O_O

Posted by TheCoasterCruiser on CF.

My friend Kian Kronvang was given a construction tour of the new ride, here's a video of him talking about it on Danish TV. :)

And here's some photos he's said I should post. :)

430023_296390370464017_1507372070_n.jpg

46323_10200320176552874_1415225904_n.jpg

Can we transfer this construction crew to The Smiler please? I swear they've got it done in about a tenth of the time...

Sam said:
Can we transfer this construction crew to The Smiler please? I swear they've got it done in about a tenth of the time...

We wouldn't need this particular construction crew, just any other competent ones in the world other than T.G. Cruse

New photos from Djurs faffbook.

544110_10151277018686831_1407148026_n.jpg

"First March 2013: During the tour of the Jewel, you get lots of curves, gradients and especially speed!"

535646_10151277018626831_1805428724_n.jpg

480152_10151277018656831_584729888_n.jpg

"5th March 2013: A Look into the station building, where the tour in Denmark's longest roller coaster will kick off."

581818_10151277018736831_1791834181_n.jpg

"6th March 2013: The great Mayan pyramid is super nice with all the cool details."

67342_10151277018731831_452131430_n.jpg

"6th March 2013: Jewel has a total of 80 "kicker wheels" that accelerates ATVs up to 85 km / h!"

The theming looks like it might actually live up to the concept art! Especially in a few years, when the ride is embedded in undergrowth and trees. :)

Another photo of the trains on the track:

533723_10151324787396831_2017125234_n.jpg

The theming looks good, but maybe a little soulless at this point. I hope they add in the detail and a themed queue-line that'll really make this ride come alive!

Chances are I'm being thick here but, do you sit "in" those quads like a conventional coaster car or astride them like Velocity trains?

I can't seem to tell from the pictures :/

Seems a real mixed bags in terms of theming which is a shame as some of what's there looks great! As for the ride, I think it looks really good fun and it carries a fair amount of speed for a family coaster. I think I'm impressed! Hopefully the ride area will look better over time.

:)

It looks a bit bare in places, but I don't know if they're planning on adding to it over time.

I'm also really impressed with how much speed it picks up just from a tyre launch!

Dar said:
It looks a bit bare in places, but I don't know if they're planning on adding to it over time.

I'm also really impressed with how much speed it picks up just from a tyre launch!

They aren't too shabby you know, look at Hulk!