• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Djurs Sommerland: General Discussion

Sam

TS Member
The home of Piraten and Skatteøen is rumoured to be getting something major next year. According to _koppen on CF, they are claiming that their development will be the biggest news in Denmark next year, implying it'll be bigger than Fårup Sommerland's new Vekoma.

Rumoured to be a coaster, possibly Th13teen model.

Start of work, posted on CF by Martyn B:

89Xtn.jpg

Apparently this is the earliest they have ever started construction for a project. Hopefully something major!

Re: Djurs Sommerland 2013: unknown, coaster?

Rumours posted on CF:

Apparently the park manager has ridden Th13teen and they are considering one of those from Intamin.

Also rumours of a triple-launch terrain coaster, either Intamin or Mack.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Triple Launch Mack coaster?

They know it makes sense...

This park is fast becoming a big draw!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Will be good to visit sometime in the near future

If this launch coaster is great, especially if it's from Mack and similar to BlooFi, this park would instantly become one of the world's great coaster parks, with them already possessing Piraten.

However, I fear that a triple launch Mack could just be very similar to Manta - nice but a bit of a non-event.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

A load of juicy new construction photos, from CoasterClub Denmark.

Clickedy-click.

Here's what they seem to think the footprint of the new ride will be:

402312_257651171004604_1316207250_n.jpg

Translated from Danish: "A small overview of how large an area to be built on! - That settled approx."

Which is huge compared to Piraten, at the top of the photo.

Is that all car parking to the right?

Posted by the park on Facebook:

396453_10151017483491831_367141542_n.jpg

Translated from Danish by Google: "We have over 5000 m3 of concrete. We can cover all settled approx 1 cm concrete, but we would rather cast 429 foundations for Denmark's largest news 2013 :)"

Nevermind Denmark, this could be the most exciting project in Europe for next year, maybe rivalling SW7! :D

This is certainly a fascinating project. With that amount of space it looks set to be quite a big out and back ride. It's odd because the two rides already rumoured and the shape of land available suggests an airtime machine but would the park chose such a ride when they already have Piraten?

I'm also not sure how excited to get about this project. Could it really be as big a deal as you're suggesting Sam? On the other hand wasn't it around this time last year that Mack shocked everyone with Wodan. If a park like Europa could keep big news so secret then I'm sure a small park like Djurs Sommerland could easily do it to.

PS. I've just discovered Thor's Hammer is a clone of G'sengte Sau which I rode a few weeks back so I can vouch for that as another great ride at Djurs Sommerland :D

Could this also suggest that this new ride is a modified clone of something else? Most of there other major rides seem to be but maybe now they've got the cash they can afford to purchase a new layout.

Not meaning to be negative here guys... But am I the only one who's looking at the shape of the marked out site and thinking,

6ezvuo.jpg

???

LOL! Oh yeah. :p

I work on the principal of "never get excited until you know what the ride will be". And TBH, most of the time finding out does not warrent any excitement.

Bad news if you're a minion of Mack...

TheCoasterCruiser on CF says he spoke to the Intamin CEO at EAS and he confirmed that they were building a coaster in Denmark in 2013, which kinda confirms this as an Intamin.

It's also been confirmed on RCDB with a speed of 52.8mph and a length of 3280' 10".

Here's rehosted pictures taken by TheCoasterCruiser's friend, that he posted here.

xJi0J.jpg

uIELw.jpg

XWszy.jpg

CVmEa.jpg

SWD4p.jpg

tkXUR.jpg

I bet this will be something like iSpeed.

Also this conversation on CF made me cry a little...

_koppen said:
That is GREAT news if true, as I always secretly hoped for it to be Intamin.
I was just expecting another Mack so I wouldn't be dissapointed if that was the case.

I hope that it's true
TheCoasterCruiser said:
Exactly how I feel too.

:'(

Blitz!? Wow!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be too upset about this over a Mack. If this is anything like iSpeed or Maverick, it should be world class! I'd certainly take an Intamin blitz over a Mack for an all-out intense thrill coaster because Mack are yet to prove themselves in that area (hopefully with Project Ivy).

Same thoughts here really. I would have been mildly disappointed before Lisberg announced their next coaster but now I'd prefer Mack to put all resources into the rides they already have planned so that they are as good as can be.

It’s not like we can knock either manufacturers for a project like this; Intamin are still the current masters of these rides. For as much as I like Blue Fire it's all floaty sensations, they haven't quite managed to pull of the force and pacing that Itamin have. If Djurs Sommerland gets the next iSpeed or Maverick to join Piraten (Don’t forget Skatteøen & Thor's Hammer) then they’ll have one hell of a Roller Coaster line-up.

If Intamin and Mack could build a launch coaster with the exact same layout and stats, I'd pick the Mack.

Restraints are a huge part of the riding experience for me, and the Mack lapbars add hugely to my coaster experience.

People only want the Intamin more because Intamin have done more thrill layouts so far. If Mack did exactly the same layout, it'd be better (not to mention more comfortable trains, better reliability and better throughputs).

Sam said:
If Intamin and Mack could build a launch coaster with the exact same layout and stats, I'd pick the Mack.

Restraints are a huge part of the riding experience for me, and the Mack lapbars add hugely to my coaster experience.

People only want the Intamin more because Intamin have done more thrill layouts so far. If Mack did exactly the same layout, it'd be better (not to mention more comfortable trains, better reliability and better throughputs).
I completely agree but the point still remains that Intamin and Mack don't build exactly the same layout and as it stands Intamin's is currently more thrilling.

If it was a case where the park had designed this ride and they just wanted a manufacturer to build it then definitely Mack but I suspect (based on the parks previous rides which are either clones or standard models) that they chose the manufacturer based on who has the better designs.

Djurs Sommerland has also got the experience of working with Intamin on a different white knuckle coaster. If they were happy with the last ride then working with them again shouldn't be a big surprise. If Mack had built Piraten, perhaps they'd be going back to Mack for this time round?

Djurs have confirmed it's an Intamin on Facebook.

563894_10151066095951831_772409197_n.jpg

Djurs Sommerland said:
Denmark's largest news 2013 will be a roller coaster - Denmark's longest!

We have been visiting the manufacturer Intamin, which also has built pirate and other of the world's best roller coasters. So we can guarantee that it will be a BIG news with unique features not previously seen in Denmark or Europe for that matter - but I must therefore wait a little longer before we reveal more details;-)

Really getting excited for this project now! :D