• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

can anyone tell me how busy DM gets during the summer holidays?
thanks.
We went on August 1st last year, which was a baking hot Sunday, and whilst the park felt busy, we queued no longer than 30 minutes for any of the rides, from what I can remember. Most of their visitors these days tend to be the demographic that go for Thomas Land. :)

Word of warning, the Stormforce queue can get very long on hot days as the throughput is dire, it's often the longest queue in the park.

also, when watching videos i noticed that the "RNLI" branding has been removed from Storm Force 10. anyone know why that is?

Saw on Twitter someone tweeted pictures to Theme Park Worldwide of Flying Dutchman and Pandemonium apparently being deconstructed today. TTW replied that it is the start of an exciting project for the park.
Could it just be speculation and the rides are just having work done or are they making way for a new attraction?

https://twitter.com/Chris35Ryan/status/777516350503849985?s=09

Does anyone know anything about it?

Last edited:
Saw on Twitter someone tweeted pictures to Theme Park Worldwide of Flying Dutchman and Pandemonium apparently being deconstructed today. TTW replied that it is the start of an exciting project for the park.
Could it just be speculation and the rides are just having work done or are they making way for a new attraction?

Take a look at @Chris35Ryan's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Chris35Ryan/status/777516350503849985?s=09

Does anyone know anything about it?
the link doesn't work :(

Would be sad to see pandemonium go, it was my first inverting ride, even if I never really liked it. Shame it's going now and not in a few weeks when the season finishes as I'm going again at fireworks (as much as I hate some of the park, I can't resist star wars fireworks and another go on apocalypse).

Excited to see what comes next though. As I've said before, 2018 could be a very exciting year for enthusiasts. With towers getting woodie, Blackpool getting a Mack, liesberg expected to announce something soon, and now Drayton hinting at a new investment, some very interesting developments as far as coasters go. Hope they risk it and go to the thrill market again, would be the ideal time with the current state of towers, and none of their existing thrill rides (apocalypse excluded) are enough to draw me to the park.

no, it just says "corrupted content error" :(
CspKtUHXEAIuvmU.jpg

CspKlyrXgAAyApY.jpg

CspK-UhWgAEAxKl.jpg

Would be nice to see a compact coaster here, pretty sure there's more than enough room? What sort would you like to see? I could see a vekoma booster bike, but I would prefer something more thrilling.