• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Hi All, new poster, long time lurker here!

I attended The RCCGB lunch on Sunday, I don't normally go but I'm glad I did! The event was hosted by Colin Bryan the owner of Drayton Manor. He gave some really Interesting information... He's semi-retiring and therefore his sons are taking over and making more of the decisions

There will be a coaster in 2018 replacing the buffalo its manufactured by S&S and it will be a first of its kind but I think it will be more family than thrill. A woody has been designed however that's more 5 years down the line as they're not quite happy with the plan and not quite sure if it suits. Pirate Adventure will not reopen as the manufacturerer of the ride either won't or can't replace the parts I can't remember. The plan is to hopefully split the attraction into two attractions

So sounds like exciting news for Drayton, he did say however it's been one of the worst summers for years

Bring on 2018!

Yes! A new coaster for Drayton, And It's replacing The Buffalo thank god it's going it was really ruff and I hated the sudden jolt on it, Let alone going round twice on it.

Never went on Pirates Adventure so I won't be missing it hopefully a new flat on it's site maybe a Zamperla Disco and/or Huss Suspended Top Spin to replace Pirates and Excalibur. I'm excited for Towers, Blackpool and Drayton now. Bring On 2018!!!

EDIT: I found this on S&S' site make sense to replace Buffalo with it.

Last edited:
We are on about the same drayton that built G-force, right?

;)
good point. i haven't ridden G-force yet though, so don't know how rough it is.

Yeah I know but it makes the most sense at the moment. My hopes is that it will be an S&S 4D free spin as it would be a first for europe and will fill a gap in the park's lineup.
I'd love to see an S&S Free Fly, which would also be a European first!

Last edited by a moderator:
From my point of view Drayton doesn't need another gimmicky coaster. I get why parks love them, as they can practically market themselves, and it's always interesting to see something new take shape. But at this stage, what Drayton needs is a solid, no frills coaster.

I know it's something we've often touted about, and I don't personally see it happening, but thinking along the lines of a Mega Lite or Goliath (Walibi Holland), or straightforward launched coaster like a Mack would really strengthen the park.

That's what they currently lack. Get this right and it would really bolster the lineup. They already have two 'out there' coasters (I still say G-Force is still fairly unique with its lift, lapbars, etc.).

Longer term a woodie would be a really great addition for Drayton, but for now I'd be happy with a no-nonsense steel coaster :)

From my point of view Drayton doesn't need another gimmicky coaster. I get why parks love them, as they can practically market themselves, and it's always interesting to see something new take shape. But at this stage, what Drayton needs is solid, no frills coaster.
Hmm... I wonder if there's another park in the same county that does that too. (Getting Gimmicky Coasters)

They need a decent coaster.. Nearly everyone's favourite ride is one of the flats (admittedly they are fantastic) but for a park to have 2/3 flat rides better than the best coasters doesn't seem right. And yeah by the looks of things, flying dutchman is on the floor, and pandemonium is still standing. Don't know if they are going but the location with the massive empty area behind them seems a ideal coaster spot