• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

No it's not. Shockwave construction started in 1992 for a 1994 opening when they laid the foundations with the rapids. The hype for Nemesis and Exodus will be irrelevant as they serve a completely different demographic.
I was mainly talking about the station building and the footers that can be seen in adventure cove.
The longest construction projects has to be Excalibur or the pirate adventure.

Last edited:
I was mainly talking about the station building and the footers that can be seen in adventure cove.
The longest construction projects has to be Excalibur or the pirate adventure.

I understand what you are saying. Whichever way you look at it, it doesn't change the fact that the rides construction started in 1992.

Well it was hinted by the Park Manger they were open to another shot/ drop tower. It would certainly be easy to fit in and it's also a ride Intamin manufacturer.

Last edited:
I can’t see another drop or shot tower being added next year, maybe in the future but not in 2024. If they do add an additional flat next year along side the coaster I would think something fairly small from Zamperla or similar manufacture.

I can’t see another drop or shot tower being added next year, maybe in the future but not in 2024. If they do add an additional flat next year along side the coaster I would think something fairly small from Zamperla or similar manufacture.
What could they get from Zamperla that they don't already have? Drayton are pretty well covered for flat rides.

Doesn’t have to be Zamperla, but as said could be similar level manufacture. There are plenty of family flats offered by various manufacturers that Drayton could add.

They would also need to apply for planning permision for anything substantial height wise (don’t know the exact figure but am sure it’s around anything higher than the 70-80ft hight mark). The only type to tower ride I could see them add along side the coaster is those small Zierer towers that have been popular in recent years, but with the kids zamperla tower in Thomas land not sure they would offer a much different ride experience. The Intamin parachute family drop tower like at the Toystory land in Paris is a possibility for the future (plus nod back to the old para tower) as would fit the new family market the park going for, but can’t see one of those fitting the rumoured theme of the new area.

Last edited:
Hopefully less flammable…

7zgx74.jpg

Last edited:
This will explain what the parks MD said in TPW recent video about being able to alter the experience, I imagine will be able to programme the controlled spinning to offer different experience, ie taking the launch part backwards etc

here's some more pictures of the supports I got on Saturday as well as the tag on them that's already been posted on here, some foundations have been poured too and ready for supports!, not sure if these have been posted here yet but some drone pictures were posted on twitter last week too!

From: https://x.com/AerialAmusement/status/1700507592512954749?s=20

Attachments

• IMG_6518.JPG
    IMG_6518.JPG
    428.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6476.JPG
    IMG_6476.JPG
    397.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6514.JPG
    IMG_6514.JPG
    338.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6502.JPG
    IMG_6502.JPG
    334.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6479.JPG
    IMG_6479.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 25
I can see it happening, but what I actually think Drayton need is a further coaster after this one, and a dark ride or two.
They kinda getting a 2nd coaster with the shockwave re theme with new trains, track re paint.
Can see the powered coaster been removed in the next 3 to 4 years for the parks next major coaster. They really need to sort out the pirate cove area of the park and Central Plaza before that.
are you sure the top ones are drayton looks like thorpe
I took the pictures myself yesterday at Drayton Manor

I think Jormunganders days are numbered but I agree the old pirate adventure area including the cluster of rides near it needs attention next. I could see Accelerator getting rethemed to fit in with a new area.

A spinning coaster is an interesting choice for the new coaster!

I’m guessing that might be where the variation in ride experience that Victoria Lynn hinted towards is coming from; you could have both chosen and unchosen (by the guest) forms of variability come from spinning trains.

Depending on how the spinning works and how much the park are emphasising theming with this, spinning trains could also lend themselves to some interesting storytelling opportunities!

In terms of the removal of Jormungandr that is also being discussed; I agree that the ride is showing its age, but the fact that it’s a centrepiece of the pretty much brand-new Vikings area has bought it at least a few more years, in my view. Surely they wouldn’t have integrated it so heavily into Vikings if they were planning on removing it any time soon?