• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Just to echo what other people have said...... I managed to sit down and have coffee with someone quite well connected to the park this morning. They have indeed confirmed that G-Force is being removed.

I wonder if it is being sold or scrapped. I would imagine sold. As it will get higher resale value even with the work that needs doing. I am sure some small park would snap it up for the right price, but it is that, dependant on if anyone would want to buy it, its not a guarantee. Much better than the price they would get for scrap value of the track and supports, but that is a guaranteed sale.
Does anyone else remember when they used to have a ‘what’s new for’ 99, 2000 2015 etc? When they used to have new attractions? It would always be on the map.

I think they should start doing something similar but have ‘what’s left for 2019’ or ‘what’s removed for 2019’!

I remember back before internet the only way you found out what was new at Drayton was getting them to post the map to me when they were released.
I have got pictures from construction of the Bounty and of Thomasland in 2007.

I remember the construction of Thomas Land very well, back when you just walked in to the park and went straight to the zoo. I wasn't even aware of it until they put all those banners around fruit shoot land and even then I wasn't aware of just how extensive it was going to be, but I remember seeing Troublesome trucks not even half built.

Last edited:
I remember the construction of Thomas Land very well, back when you just walked in to the park and went straight to the zoo. I wasn't even aware of it until they put all those banners around fruit shoot land and even then I wasn't aware of just how extensive it was going to be, but I remember seeing Troublesome trucks not even half built.
Either way, reflecting on the past, its pretty sad how a park that was once home to some of the most exciting theme park projects in the country is now reliant on being a park for netmums and young kids alone :L , hopefully there's a future for the place, but I just don't see it. Things were looking alright and improving after Thomas Land, but since the Hotel, and particularly since the Splash Canyon incident, things just aren't looking good . Senior Merlin figures apparently spotted in the park this season too....
I've got quite a lot of information on all of these topics, including Pirate Adventure and its future, and what the plan is for Splash Canyon over the next couple of years, but sadly I'm not in a position to share any of this info at the moment, which is infuriating :(
As for whether G-force would be scrapped or sold, Drayton follow a philosophy of either storing or selling above all else, given the size and scale, and opportunity for a quick cash grab, it would seem the likely route to sell it at some point in the near future. They've got the pandemonium clock tower stored, the old Maelstrom entrance, the satellite dishes from Apocalypse, boats from numerous rides including Pirate Adventure, Excalibur and SF10, old signposts from the 80s and 90s, and the old British Chairlift cars all stored in designated areas around the park. A lot of these things have unfortunately been left to the elements, but they all still exist in a more or less robust form.

Not even a little hint to the future of both Of course I respect you can't say but I hope it's positive for both really. Pirates Adventure used to be a massive love to me. I last rode in 2012 and it wasn't in the best of conditions. Splash canyon was easily my favourite rapids and personally a huge loss for myself and usual visiting group

Not even a little hint to the future of both Of course I respect you can't say but I hope it's positive for both really. Pirates Adventure used to be a massive love to me. I last rode in 2012 and it wasn't in the best of conditions. Splash canyon was easily my favourite rapids and personally a huge loss for myself and usual visiting group
Unfortunately we're not able to say anything, however let's just say the future looks quite bleak in our eyes, especially the thrill side of the park.

Unfortunately we're not able to say anything, however let's just say the future looks quite bleak in our eyes, especially the thrill side of the park.

However, I will add. That the information you have is only ideas at the moment. Nothing is decided by the park yet, because they themselves do not know. I know that as fact. The court case and upcoming variables are going to play a big part in what is decided. But the fact remains, it is all on the table still at the moment.

They've got the pandemonium clock tower stored, the old Maelstrom entrance, the satellite dishes from Apocalypse, boats from numerous rides including Pirate Adventure, Excalibur and SF10, old signposts from the 80s and 90s, and the old British Chairlift cars all stored in designated areas around the park. A lot of these things have unfortunately been left to the elements, but they all still exist in a more or less robust form.

This is true, but storing relatively small theming elements and ride vehicles is quite different from storing an entire (large) roller coaster with all it's supports. Not saying they do not have the space as they do. But there is a big difference. The G-Force structure is large and will take up alot of space if stored. I can't say I am sorry to see it go, but I am sad to see another ride removed from the bill. I was working at the park (2005) when that thing opened. Does not seem all that long ago. I remember riding it after park hours, pretty much as soon as it had been handed over to the park from the contractors.

Last edited:

Of course I understand and respect that. It's nice to know there's plans in place whether good or bad it's super interesting

However, I will add. That the information you have is only ideas at the moment. Nothing is decided by the park yet, because they themselves do not know. I know that as fact. The court case and upcoming variables are going to play a big part in what is decided. But the fact remains, it is all on the table still at the moment.

This is true, but storing relatively small theming elements and ride vehicles is quite different from storing an entire (large) roller coaster with all it's supports. Not saying they do not have the space as they do. But there is a big difference. The G-Force structure is large and will take up alot of space if stored. I can't say I am sorry to see it go, but I am sad to see another ride removed from the bill. I was working at the park (2005) when that thing opened. Does not seem all that long ago. I remember riding it after park hours, pretty much as soon as it had been handed over to the park from the contractors.

When is the court hearing again? Every time I seem to ask it gets pushed back even more.

I was working at the park (2005) when that thing opened. Does not seem all that long ago. I remember riding it after park hours, pretty much as soon as it had been handed over to the park from the contractors.
That's very cool to know! I was pretty young at the time, but was still in to theme parks even back then :laughing:. I watched the construction progress during the 05 season and took a couple of pictures of it around May/June ish which I hope to upload again soon, which was during the late stages. Was a really exciting development, just a shame the final product did not live up to the hype and symbolized in many ways, the end of major thrill investments at Drayton Manor.
Yes, as I said, the size and scale of G-force would suggest that storing it would be rather impractical and unsightly. It didn't get past Alton Towers when they were building the Smiler though! They dumped the track next to the car parks!
And yes of course, nothing is set in stone, and subject to the ongoing investigation.

Last edited:
Well the park have listed on the main website that the 2019 main season starts on the 27th March.
Also the parking charge is now in place so anyone visiting Drayton manor for there Christmas event will have to pay £2 per car unless your a annual pass holder.

Well the park have listed on the main website that the 2019 main season starts on the 27th March.
Also the parking charge is now in place so anyone visiting Drayton manor for there Christmas event will have to pay £2 per car unless your a annual pass holder.
I’m glad they are waiving the parking fee for pass holders. We visit regularly (over 30 times this year) as we live close by and the parking charge would defiantly make me think twice about buying another pass.

Looks like they’ve been doing some work around Thomas land while the park has been closed. Merick theming is now back by the blue mountain engines (fenced off next to it rather than on the ride itself) and Jeremy jets has a new holding pen before the gate to the ride (allowing for the next riders to be briefed). New x minutes wait from this point signs have appeared too.

Looks like they’ve been doing some work around Thomas land while the park has been closed. Merick theming is now back by the blue mountain engines (fenced off next to it rather than on the ride itself) and Jeremy jets has a new holding pen before the gate to the ride (allowing for the next riders to be briefed). New x minutes wait from this point signs have appeared too.
I wonder if Drayton will finally get a queue times site for us to obsess over (and me reverse engineer)

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk