• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I really wanted to like G-Force, I really did. That camel back looks absolutely awesome but those stupid restraints kill what should be some excellent air time.

The lift hill is a poorly thought out gimmick and an uncomfortable one at that, and the self closing tendency of the bars is really inexcusable. It's probably a good job it only runs one train or I really think people would be squeezed to death if you had to wait on the brake run before unloading.

So I came away disappointed which was a shame, it's a good job there's always Shockwave ! :D

If only those restraints locked in both directions, (so that they didn't tighten during the ride) then I believe it would be a "not bad" coaster. On the rare occasion that my restraint has not tightened, I have rather enjoyed it.

See I love the lift hill! For me it's one of the only redeeming features of that coaster! It's such as bizarre sensation when you finally invert and seem to be traveling backwards, inverted, at such slow speed! It's a really strange feeling :p

Again, on the occasions when the GForce restraints of death havent squeezed every last breath out of me, I too have enjoyed the ride. Just not a ride to queue for in the Summer, especially in that building.

Will be interesting to see what and when the next coaster will be. I know that they have always commented about woodies to the RCCGB during their Loopathon event.

PeteA said:
Just not a ride to queue for in the Summer, especially in that building.

What building? :S Do you mean the oversize metal shed? I think Merlin could do better at theming that... and that's saying something. :D

Tom.B said:
PeteA said:
Just not a ride to queue for in the Summer, especially in that building.

What building? :S Do you mean the oversize metal shed? I think Merlin could do better at theming that... and that's saying something. :D

Believe it or not, in its opening couple of years, that queueline building was actually quite enjoyable. Dancey, trancey music, projections, Tesla Coils made it quite enjoyable.

Now the projects have been replaced by banners for some local radio station. The music is generic pop music and adverts for the local station, and now it just has plain floodlights on.

Yeah, I believe the contract has ended, but I think there were banners for Capital in there last season. The music currently just seems to be a generic trance playlist.

It's annoying, because as has already been said, when the ride opened the queueline was by no means amazing, but it was passible. All they'd need to do if you ask me is replace the knackered speakers and subs, install a pair of new projectors, and maybe throw a half decent lighting rig in the roof with a couple of decent lights or something. It wouldn't take much and would make it a bit more bearable to queue through.

Last season it still had the capital FM banners up and it was playing Capital FM music, but that might have ended for this season?

So I took a trip to the park Friday and here's my image of Air Race:
2qs6rnc.jpg

As you can see the ops cabin is done along with the ground work. Just to the side is a metal shed thing which I can only assume the rides in.

Also Drayton are offering a refillable cup for £6 all day unlike before were they used to charge per refill.

The lake was also drained, so effectively if you wanted to get into the park you could literally walk across the lake into the park. It was very tempting! However I didn't.

Wait, people are saying the G-Force queue on opening was passable?

If Merlin did something like that they would be crucified, it's quite simply the worst queue in the UK...

Drayton have uploaded these two photos to their Facebook page. They appear to be building an air raid shelter! :p

1601036_10152116839747669_442255482_n.jpg

1506538_10152116840047669_696283670_n.jpg

:)

Seems like something has happened with G-Force. Drayton have just posted this on their website and Facebook:

'G-Force will be closed until further notice'. Not good for the start of the season unless this is to allow construction of the new Air Race ride but surely it' not in that close proximity.

Also, looking at Facebook posts, it seems a lot of people believe that Air Race is opening tomorrow with the rest of the park. It is my understanding that the ride infrastructure hasn't yet been installed has it? If so, awkward...

Air Race will not open until later in the year.

Drayton replied to someone on the post explaining "G-Force is closed for essential engineering work and inspection".

That doesn't sound good... unless it's just the standard reply for when it closes.

Yeah, 'cus that's not something they would have planned to do over the closed season. Sounds like there is some form of unexpected issue or something has gone wrong somewhere.

:)

Maurer Sohne everybody! *slow claps*

Certainly not ideal for the start of the season though :/

It's opening times are awful, and gets an average of about 8 people an hour even when it is open. Not sure it'd affect things too much being closed.