• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I wonder if the limited £99 annual pass offer hasn’t been taken up much as it’s still for sale on the website even thou it should have ended at midday yesterday. The problem is most passes won’t end to Oct as the 2020 annual pass was extended to Oct 2021 cause of the lockdowns.

Updated the prices now. £109 (fromm £99) for Adult pass now £95 (from £85) for concession. Family Pass (4 people, any age combination) £405 (£102 each) (from £340) big jump on the family pass!

Updated the prices now. £109 (fromm £99) for Adult pass now £95 (from £85) for concession. Family Pass (4 people, any age combination) £405 (£102 each) (from £340) big jump on the family pass!

Yeah that family pass isn't even saving you much money now. If you buy the 4 passes individually it works out £2 more expensive in total. Hahaha.

Not thought that one through have they? Surely if you're committing to 4 people pass for a year you should get a bit more discount than that.

Also pricing for main season is now avalible. They are offering £27.50 on weekdays out of holidays (£29.50 in holidays) and either £31 or £29.50 for weekends.

Another big difference is 4+ is now charged the same as 12+ (£27.50-£31) which is a change. Previously online price for 12+ was £29.50, 4-11 was £25.50. Only slight positive is 2-3 year olds is down from £11 to £9.50

I’m glad I did buy my passes last week as now I don’t have to worry to Oct 2023 for mine and my daughters who will be 11. I will just have to buy my son’s July 2023 which is currently £10 more.
I think they get value if you live nearby as we usually go 2-3 a month on a afternoon and I use a couple of the £20 vouchers if my wife off work.

Wayback machine shows a pay-one-price of £14 for adults in 2000 for Drayton Manor, which would be £25 in 2021 from the inflation calculator, so prices have gone up slightly higher than inflation, but £29 still seems pretty good for a full day out.
£29 isn't that bad at all for Drayton, especially considering they are investing quite a bit. I'm not sure about the pass prices though, I'm quite conflicted.

£29 isn't that bad at all for Drayton, especially considering they are investing quite a bit. I'm not sure about the pass prices though, I'm quite conflicted.

Four visits and the pass pays for itself, which is pretty much the same as Alton Towers as roughly four vists will cover the £119 at £35ish each time.

Even with Merlin passes you only need about seven theme park visits overall to pay for the gold pass(£219), or a few more if you do the midways a lot.

I don't mind the increase, they effectively gave a last chance offer warning it would be going up on the 7th March and you didn't need to wait for your current pass to expire to benefit from it. So I'm covered until Oct 23 aswell now. Also at least we can see the increase is going into major investments atm. 2 new rides last year, 3 new rides this year, likely a new coaster next year. I can certainly see myself visiting lots over the next few years. Drayton was (and still is) one of the cheapest major theme parks in the UK. If they are increasing prices to increase investment I'm all for it. It will force Merlin to up their game too.

Yeah that family pass isn't even saving you much money now. If you buy the 4 passes individually it works out £2 more expensive in total. Hahaha.

Not thought that one through have they? Surely if you're committing to 4 people pass for a year you should get a bit more discount than that.
Interesting given Merlin removed their family pass discounts recently too. Maybe they have realised offering a discount for family passes isnt an incentive to get one vs individual ones, either all the family are getting them (at full price) or just one or two family members are.

You have to pay £2 per ticket to incorporate the Rainy Day Guarantee now which is new. A bit strange that you have to predict/gamble on the weather.

You have to pay £2 per ticket to incorporate the Rainy Day Guarantee now which is new. A bit strange that you have to predict/gamble on the weather.
That's surprising, since it isn't very customer friendly and I wonder how many guests actually use the Rainy Day Guarantee anyway, I suspect not many actually bother to go back (unless local) if it was raining so offering a rainy day guarantee was more a guest service benefit I'd have thought

Also it will be interesting to see what they charge for fireworks nights this year now they have moved to variable pricing, suspecting it will be higher, maybe £35?

Last edited: