• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Few more..

I will search the hard drives later to see if I have any of the actual shows in the food places...
Was you the person who ran UDMP website? That was a good website for early construction pictures.
I wish the looping group repaired the fisherman and the guy at the top of the 1st drop on stormforce 10.

Was you the person who ran UDMP website? That was a good website for early construction pictures.
I wish the looping group repaired the fisherman and the guy at the top of the 1st drop on stormforce 10.
From recent videos it looks like the fabric door that separates the tipper ramp from the load station no longer works. Very strange seeing the ramp operating without the door down.

Anyone know why the buffalo/jormungandr’s height restriction has been made higher, i’m sure it was lower before
It’s been that height from the start of the 2017 season. Drunken barrels height was also increased that year.

I not been on Stormforce 10 since May last year so didn’t know the screen also didn’t come down anymore but the coast guard who on the left of the lift hadn’t moved in years.

I think they want to get away from the brand Drayton Manor Park ltd as that name is currently in the hands of the courts for Insolvency Proceedings.
With Drayton Manor Resorts ltd taking over the park in August 2020.
Drayton Manor Resorts sounds a better all round name when you got so much to offer than just a theme park.

Last edited:
The problem you have is, Merlin started whacking resort status on anything and everything with a pulse a decade or so ago. This not only in my opinion, cheapened what the public perceives a resort to be, but also means that other places need to put resort on their product to help stand up against them.

I am pretty sure the public perceive things with a resort status as a superior product. Even though, in this country, in most cases as we know, they are usually not. Or, not hugely superior at least. I am surprised it has taken Drayton this long to start using the term to be fair.

But they do also have a large Golf Course set in the DMP grounds. But for most guests to the 'resort' that would be an irrelevant offering.

But the bottom line is this, Merlin set the precedent by whacking resort on anything they could get away with whacking it on. Almost forcing the competition to play the game.

I wonder what the park have to offer in the next 5 years, i would love to see a new coaster for late 2023-2024 and then a year or 2 after a full zoo refurbishment
To be fair, I can picture them possibly phasing out the zoo. I think they will transfer a lot of the animals to WMSP and install more rides and attractions in the zoo area. I think they will or this, or give it a large scale revamp, but I think the first option is more likely.

To be fair, I can picture them possibly phasing out the zoo. I think they will transfer a lot of the animals to WMSP and install more rides and attractions in the zoo area. I think they will or this, or give it a large scale revamp, but I think the first option is more likely.

I have said this ever since they took over. It doesn't make much sense to have animals at DMP now really given they own WMSP which isn't that far away

I feel like the Drayton Manor zoo would be better with smaller animals such as seals, penguins, birds and meerkats etc with smaller animal-themed rides integrated and themed around the exhibits and the bigger animals getting big zoo exhibitions at West Midlands Safari Park, that way both parks are more distinct from each other and introducing some form of Loopings Pass would create a lot of cross-visitation between the two parks and they would be able to better compete with the likes of Chester Zoo and Alton Towers.

If they phased out the zoo i could see them building 1 or 2 new themed areas and a thomas land expansion. The one thing i would do is have a themed area for the tigers and have rides and the tigers in that themed area similar to tiger rock at chessington but not a log flume as drayton already have stormforce 10. Something like muddy duck farm at flamingo land would work well at drayton with some smaller rides for kids and farm animals would be great.