• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I emailed that retail address about if they still had stuff and signage from attractions from the late 80’s to early 00’s and they replied:
I don't at the moment. We are clearing areas so if I come across anything I will be in touch.
So they currently clearing back stage areas of stuff left by the former owners so they could be clearing the pirate adventure building as many areas were stripped to their inner walls.
Would love to seen construction pictures of Pirate adventure as I wonder if the concrete and the ride system was installed 1st before the building was installed.

It’s been a real shame to see large areas of the park like Pirates and Excalibur effectively abandoned over the past decade. As much as I would do things I’d be ashamed of to get inside the Pirates building for a good look around with my camera, I think those odd lights and open doors etc are probably feeding our hope rather than delivering any real prospect of it being imminently redeveloped. A space that large will be used as backstage storage or similar - so you can expect to see comings and goings and lights on / off at times. I can’t see, despite my wildest hopes and dreams, that they would be simultaneously working on repurposing the pirates building at the same time as creating large amounts of other, very visible, ugly space by removing Apocalypse, Test Track, Pandemonium etc - seems like then making huge amounts of work for themselves. Either that, or whatever “work” is being done, is perhaps readying it for removal / demolition, along with the Castle of Dreams, ahead of the 2024 project. Was there any commitment that the 2024 project would open in 2024, or just that the project would be happening in 2024 (which could mean building commencing in 2024). That would give them the time and space to clear all of the old redundant buildings and sort the lake out on the Excalibur side to give them a very considerable amount of development space.

Either way, interesting times.

I think the castle of dreams is here to stay as it’s a good money earner for the park. As the Grotto experience is totally sell out but they released more slots later in the evening as from the 17th to 23rd Dec the park is open 11am to 7pm
Also during Halloween it’s the castle of screams and they may use it for Easter.
I doubt they planning on removing the pirate adventure building as they currently repairing the roof and sides of the battle scene.

You mean like River Rafts at Chessington?
Not sure, but if this is true, then Drayton Manor would have twice the amount of rides then it's rival Park, Alton Towers, that if you're Counting the current SBNO Pirate Adventure. Really hope it is true, love a good old Log Flume, the Country lacks them outside of the Pier parks.

Not sure, but if this is true, then Drayton Manor would have twice the amount of rides then it's rival Park, Alton Towers, that if you're Counting the current SBNO Pirate Adventure. Really hope it is true, love a good old Log Flume, the Country lacks them outside of the Pier parks.
Why are you counting a long time closed attraction? Absolute baffling logic there.

This goes without saying (atleast I thought it did) that when calculating the amount of rides Drayton has, you should not be including rides that have been closed for the best part of a decade.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Why are you counting a long time closed attraction? Absolute baffling logic there.

This goes without saying (atleast I thought it did) that when calculating the amount of rides Drayton has, you should not be including rides that have been closed for the best part of a decade.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
I only included it because its still standing, and it closed in 2015.

I don't see why I shouldn't include it as the ride system still stands, operating or not. Its there, it exists, unlike Alton Towers the Flume.

Last edited:

Poor Chessie & Lego.

I presume you're on about water rides only?