• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

If you go on James’ Red Balloons you get a glimpse. I couldn’t bear it twice to get photos 🤢

Other things I saw yesterday were men working on top of Maelstrom for a few hours and management and social
Media team out near the Apocalypse site…
They must be having major problems with the ride as they were up there on Tuesday as well.
Been 21 years old now that must be the next flat ride to be replaced next at the park.
47ECBB6A-A767-4E23-A898-4415008282C5.jpeg
The best places to see into the construction site is on the right side of the wall and while riding Blue Mountain engines.

It's likely just seasonal maintenance, it's arguably one of the most reliable thrill flat rides in the park nowadays.
Yeah they have spent the money with a new roof on the op cabin and with the new station flooring and exit ramp it’s safe to say it’s not going anyway soon.
They even continuing painting Stormforce 10
979824D1-C7A8-4753-A218-01658FC35BF8.jpeg
It looked like they were in the queue line painting on Sunday.
Also the Carousel maintenance wouldn’t have been cheap.

They must be having major problems with the ride as they were up there on Tuesday as well.
Been 21 years old now that must be the next flat ride to be replaced next at the park.
47ECBB6A-A767-4E23-A898-4415008282C5.jpeg
The best places to see into the construction site is on the right side of the wall and while riding Blue Mountain engines.

Major issues based in what? Engineers working on a ride in the winter? Very rare I know.

The rides 3x large motors were removed from the ride this year and refurbished. Something that happens every few years. Where the work men are, is where the motors go. Nearly a tonne each, hence the machine being used.

Drayton added me new sign at the entrance this week
A7CAA9F3-2FF7-45A4-AC1A-815F20AA0538.jpeg
If you read social media and trip advisor Drayton been getting 1 and 2 stars as a lack of listings of the rides open during half term.
Maintenance been a problem with the park with Troublesome trucks Breaking down on Tuesday afternoon
28318102-59F6-426B-9C45-EA295D3B03F3.jpeg
And was still closed today
B0EED932-54E9-4301-AB33-60A2344AA293.jpeg
I wonder if it was pushed back to the station.
Blue mountain engines and Jeremy Jet's also had downtime while we had a drink.
1F2C1D75-F5D1-410F-B283-82C5036300F8.jpegF8DA3AD1-3DF8-424F-99FA-DB95637C35D4.jpeg
Carousel slowly been put back together
5F4902F0-C006-434B-9024-EAA6154554B5.jpeg
The lake been refilled but not to its usual level
6D0E299D-B74E-40C8-AF63-CD0CAE0531DB.jpeg
Was very surprised that the bit that connects both lakes was empty and it isn’t that deep.
6EA9DA45-9B6B-4DB9-8CA3-EC68269DF0E6.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m not sure it’s too unrealistic an expectation though, especially when you look at how some parks have been marketing their Feb half term events this year. That post from Towers the other day about celebrating their coasters could very easily be interpreted as saying they’d have them open, for example.

Let’s also not forget that you only have to go back a few years (well, ok probably more years than I actually care to remember 😂) when you had FHT events at the likes of Towers and Blackpool with fairly substantial ride lineups. Sure, the parks weren’t rammed, but I’m sure for some people they will remember those days and probably also have spread some of it through word of mouth.

I do think that parks need to be more upfront about what is and isn’t available at this time of the year, and hopefully the grilling they’re getting this year will drive them to do so. Good to see Drayton seem to have taken note with the signage, even if it is a bit too late by the time you get to the park entrance.

I’m not sure it’s too unrealistic an expectation though, especially when you look at how some parks have been marketing their Feb half term events this year. That post from Towers the other day about celebrating their coasters could very easily be interpreted as saying they’d have them open, for example.

Let’s also not forget that you only have to go back a few years (well, ok probably more years than I actually care to remember 😂) when you had FHT events at the likes of Towers and Blackpool with fairly substantial ride lineups. Sure, the parks weren’t rammed, but I’m sure for some people they will remember those days and probably also have spread some of it through word of mouth.

I do think that parks need to be more upfront about when is and isn’t available at this time of the year, and hopefully the grilling they’re getting this year will drive them to do so. Good to see Drayton seem to have taken note, even if it is a bit too late by the time you get to the park entrance.
Unless you not been to Drayton before outside the main season then they always been on a limited ride offering outside of Thomas land but under the looping group more rides have been open as before it was the Carousel, Jolly Buccaneer, Accelerator and the 4D Cinema.

Well the pipes have started to be laid on the new ride with a retaining wall going around the tarmac area.
80C45799-7B40-4EBE-B2D5-73C1533AA12C.jpeg52427A14-F57C-4B01-883E-61DA61F02745.jpeg408FD392-D749-407A-BA92-E3B5C98C278F.jpeg
If Blue mountains wasn’t down I would have gone on that to take better pictures.
With the Zoo only days to the 10th March I wonder if u will enter In the farm entrance or the Zoo entrance while construction is taking place