• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I’m not putting a whole lot of stock into the Chessington Buzz tweet but law of averages suggests UK parks will purchase from those 3 manufacturers in the next few years.

I could see Blackpool getting an RMC Raptor, maybe even Paultons if they wanted to hit the thrill market.

Chessington would be an outside contender, though by default RMC is always more thrill, but they have pushed the boat out with Mandrill so you never know:

If you're a returning customer, you buy a couple of rides at the same time and you haggle a bit, you can basically get the rides for free.

If indeed it turns out that Drayton’s new coaster will be an Intamin then I wonder if in theory it could be a Family Launch Coaster? That model has been used for Juvelen, DarKoaster, and now Arctic Rescue at Seaworld San Diego which has just opened this month. Looks like the kind of thing that would be great for DM’s family thrills audience.

Last edited:
Family thrill now my daughter hit 1.4m when she was 10 so in Drayton’s history only Shockwave been there only coaster with a height requirement of 1.4 with G-Force been 1.3m even Klondike before that was 1.2m.
Currently with Accelerator and Troublesome trunks been 1.0m and Jormungandr been 1.05m it’s more than likely they gonna go for a 1.2m requirement coaster.

The Jungle Cruise - a take on Walt Disney's Jungle Cruise.

It was built in the 1970's, upgraded many times before a Space Leisure overhaul in the 1990's turned it into Rory's Jungle Cruise. Essentially the same ride but with more cartoony aesthetics. The ride was removed in late 2001 / early 2002 to make way for Excalibur: A Dragons Tale.

Parts of the attraction still exist to this day, for example, the temple with the staircase, as seen in the far right of those Twitter photos, is still in place today.

Last edited:
Lots of fun memories of that ride.
It is a shame for a ride originally opening in 1976 and closed in 2001 for it to be replaced with Excalibur which was always hit and miss with what worked and lasted to the end of the 2011 season.
I hope with the looping group getting the safari pizza show back up and running they repair or replace the fisherman in the queue line and the life guard at the top of Stormforce 10 1st drop to work again.

It is a shame for a ride originally opening in 1976 and closed in 2001 for it to be replaced with Excalibur which was always hit and miss with what worked and lasted to the end of the 2011 season.
I hope with the looping group getting the safari pizza show back up and running they repair or replace the fisherman in the queue line and the life guard at the top of Stormforce 10 1st drop to work again.
it is possible in last year through the main season they fixed the speakers on accelerator and the yes no screens at the haunting

Just found out who made the furniture in the Vikings area at Drayton Manor and if you got over £4000 you can also have 1