• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Dreamland Margate: General Discussion

The Dreamland billboards on the tube at the moment are pretty cool. Makes the place look a bit like it has a Tivoli Gardens vibe (spoiler alert - it doesn't).

It's really coming on at the moment, the park looks lovely* and the ride line up, food and music events are getting pretty decent. When did you last visit, @Rick ?

*apart from the hoarded construction areas for the drop tower and new thrill rides!

@Stuie I was last there about 18 months ago. It was a fairly miserable day weather wise to be fair... it still amazes me that they have done anything with that site.

I asked my staff to snap me a photo of that poster I mentioned if they saw it. One of the interns WhatsApped me this abomination...

BOsRsYg.jpg

@StuieI asked my staff to snap me a photo of that poster I mentioned if they saw it. One of the interns WhatsApped me this abomination...

Love that you have your interns doing Towers Street based tasks, the sort of thing I'd want to see more of. Tell me, how do they feel about the Pleasure Beach entry fee...

Love that you have your interns doing Towers Street based tasks, the sort of thing I'd want to see more of. Tell me, how do they feel about the Pleasure Beach entry fee...
I have checked. They suggest that the entrance policy and associated price points should be reflective of the park's aim to be a full and multi day destination. They understand that there are some circumstances that mean that the current arrangement won't work for a small subset of visitors but that the park should press on regardless if they believe they are doing the right thing, particularly if they are seeing encouraging trends in their research, guest feedback and on the bottom line.

I was in London today and had some work to do, didn't really matter where I did it so I hopped on the train from St. Pancras down to Margate and nipped into Dreamland.

I was pretty impressed with the park overall, last time I was there it was pouring down and the Scenic was closed. Today the weather was much better and the Scenic was open and was running great. The park looks tremendous.

The new rides look cool, I didn't ride any of them but those who did seemed to be enjoying them. They're presented in quite a fairground sort of way, but there is some landscaping around them.

Wonderful to see Dreamland 'living' again, it wasn't madly busy but it certainly wasn't deathly quiet as I had been hearing it was. They're really pushing their membership (season pass) scheme. Interested to know how popular it is given that they offer all 'members' unlimited fastrack on the Scenic and Big Wheel.

In some ways it reminds me of Pleasureland Southport, there are quite a few similarities in that there is enough of the 'old' park remaining to remind you of the times you spent in the old park, yet there isn't enough to draw a straight comparison between then and now, which is good because those are largely unhelpful.

I hope they continue to prosper...

Edit 1: The park really reminded me of Aussie World, not sure if there is some inspiration taken from there.
Edit 2: The vintage caterpillar was closed (or not open yet?)

Last edited:
Do any locals know of any free parking spots close by? Was considering popping down before the end of the Summer.

Do any locals know of any free parking spots close by? Was considering popping down before the end of the Summer.

Its not that easy to park close for free. If you check the opening times it might be worth coming in late afternoon and parking on the street as the park actually stays open past 4/5pm!

The closest free on street parking is likely to be about 5 minutes walk away. There's a little industrial estate where you can park at https://goo.gl/maps/R8F7jR9yG9s

Always parked in the car park by it; not hideously priced by any means.

The main Dreamland car park is operated by the council and they have ramped the pricing up recently to £4 per hour or something. Dreamland company have therefore acquired the Arlington car park on the other side of the park closer to the station and you can park there for £5 per day.