Dreamland Margate: General Discussion

Discussion in 'European Parks and Attractions' started by Sam, 29th Jul 2012.

1. speedy

speedy TowersStreet Member

That's my worry, that the furlough scheme will end but my work will still have to do the 2 metre stuff, which would be a right faff and we may not have enough customers to be profitable

2. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    Was the wording on their website / social media channels more specific about being closed for the whole season at some point? Seems to not say that now from what I have seen?

3. Danny

Danny Leicester Melvin Rong

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Yes, and they also floated out press releases confirming that was the case. Given they haven't announced anything further about some of the events that were still on their calendar (several this summer have been rescheduled to next year), perhaps they are looking at opening in some capacity?

4. Stuie

Stuie TowersStreet Member

There’s work going on at the park and they’ve said something about some ‘socially distanced events’ being announced soon. I guess they aren’t going to open the full park daily but they will do something with the outdoor stage area and some of the rides around that area.

Ziggy’s Rooftop and Cinque Ports, part of Dreamland, are opening 4th July.

5. Funcone

Funcone TowersStreet Member

We're in very unpredictable times given the pandemic. There are clearly quite a few unknowns here, including will there be a second wave. Even Disneyland has gone and done a U turn on re-opening, and Disney are pretty dependable. Dreamland has always been a very unpredictable organisation, so we've got that combination of an unpredictable organisation at an unpredictable time.

I wouldn't put too much store on what's happening at Ziggy's or Cinque Ports though, as both of them are re-opening under concessions, rather than Dreamland's own management.