• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Dreamland Margate: General Discussion

I read somewhere that the one park had sucked up nine tenths of all the available funding...because "they were highly skilled in using the application system".
It's not the fact that they have European funding for tourism, I can see the point, it is "chuck it all at the one park" that stinks.

To be fair, if the application said "we're going to use this funding to build a RMC" its little wonder it got approved.

Milky Way had some EU funding. Familypark in Austria as well. I'm not sure how many in total across the board have involvement with the scheme. Without knowing the way in which the scheme works its hard to say.

I wonder if Legendia already existing was a reason perhaps?

I think the thing what confuses me the most is an unwilling to even attempt say weekend openings of rides last year.

I think the thing what confuses me the most is an unwilling to even attempt say weekend openings of rides last year.
Thing is I don't really think they want to operate the theme park, they're just hanging around until they can build houses on it.

Thing is I don't really think they want to operate the theme park, they're just hanging around until they can build houses on it.

They will never get permission that doesn't include the maintainance and contunued operation of the scenic. Its not a site they are ever going to be able to fully develop.

"We are thrilled to announce that Dreamland will be back for the Spring and Summer season 2022, doors opening from Sunday 29th May at weekends and school holidays!

Just like last year, Dreamland will be free to enter and rides will be operated on a pay-per-ride basis."

No word on whether the ride line-up will actually include the Scenic this time around, but I would assume so, The Covid excuse has long expired.

"We are thrilled to announce that Dreamland will be back for the Spring and Summer season 2022, doors opening from Sunday 29th May at weekends and school holidays!

Just like last year, Dreamland will be free to enter and rides will be operated on a pay-per-ride basis."

No word on whether the ride line-up will actually include the Scenic this time around, but I would assume so, The Covid excuse has long expired.

From Facebook
A great line up of specially selected rides, including the Scenic Railway and Big Wheel, interactive Instagrammable installations and an eclectic range of food and drink for all tastes - there will be something for everyone 🎢

Have they got rid of the Dreamcatcher? I know a nice little hole in Staffordshire that this could fill.
They did indeed. One of those at Towers would be a good Enterprise replacement. Towers would almost certainly get a brand new on though, they don't tend to get relocated rides.

A new series on Sky is being advertised at the mo, starring Lilly Alen it is set in Margate and is called Dreamland. Could work as a good bit of promotion for the town and park, getting it into people consciousness.