• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

We went over the weekend and the station building does look lovely, although I am a tad worried about how the area will look with other "normal" supports in front of the station. Will it look messy with B&M track?? I hope not, but that was my first worry when I saw it in person.

Here is an image of the station and brake run I took.

10927182_10203806883154510_2325169515910259421_o.jpg

It is very large, certainly.

They don't do station buildings by half, old Efteling!

:)

Just finished downloading my pictures and thought you may like to see these. They were taken on Saturday.

Lift hill continues to rise along with central support. Lift in bottom right.

10989111_10203808142025981_6560020852718295388_n.jpg

A closer look at the lift hill ready.

10981818_10203808142305988_5161223412655659471_n.jpg

Looks like the chimney is finished with detailing now being done. I also presume that the entrance will be in the centre of this picture??

10942615_10203808142505993_2408215672227734209_n.jpg

Overall site with footers in place in front of the station.

10991278_10203808163906528_6838158815343741689_n.jpg

Reactions: Tim
Are B&M supports usually that shape on their newer brake runs? Or has the whole ride got custom supports to make it look a little more old fashioned?

I seem to have accidentally stumbled into this thread after failing to observe any of the progress on Baron.

My jaw has simply fallen straight off onto the floor from the scale of that theming. July needs to hurry up.

Notice how Efteling build the theming first, then fit the ride in to it, rather than building the ride first and slapping some sticky back plastic on the bare concrete

Are B&M supports usually that shape on their newer brake runs? Or has the whole ride got custom supports to make it look a little more old fashioned?
I was also wondering this too - from RCDB I think Krake may have the same style but I'm not completely sure.

What I really like about this is the use of proper building materials like brick and stone and that great curved wooden roof - it all feels much more substantial, authentic and long-term than what we get. That bridge looks fantastic too.

A first look at the first Dive Coaster drop without a turn before it:
B-C5ZHACUAEey_w.jpg:large

B-C5XwSCQAADSwo.jpg

#worldsfirst #betterthanmerlin #hashtag

I want to say I'm disappointed that it travels forwards a little before dropping, but I just can't!

The platform for the top of the lift:
B-C4bC-CAAAzSlx.jpg:large

Also, a shot of the station with some of the scaffolding in the process of being removed:
B-Cyas0IcAAv8ah.jpg

I know everybody has already said it, but this really is just so Efteling in every way! :p

Images from ROJApers on Twitter and the usual VijfZintuigen!

Beautiful, absolutely stunning so far. I have never been to Efteling, but I really am tempted to pay a visit now.

Seeing the sheer beauty of this is certianly forcing me to consider a trip, hopefully in 2016!

It still shocks me that so many people appear surprised by this. Anybody who knows Efteling knows that this is the standard for them. They don't do much but when they do it's picture perfect.

DO YOU NOT REMEMBER WHEN DIE VLIEGENDE HOLLANDER WAS BUILT? One of the most beautiful moments in modern European theme park history!

(the ride is crap, mind)

I will give you that. The indoor section is a joy.

Once you are on that lift exit though... it's quite literally downhill from there!

And we have a layout!
10947227_10153182131208854_4786563998987982853_n.jpg

A couple of inversions and what looks like a possible splashdown? an airtime hill after the helix.

Also, the next part of the 'Making Of' has been released and has a virtual POV

Last edited:
It's short but looks impressive! Looking at the model they've also just posted, it doesn't look like there's a splashdown though:

B-NVoZ7IcAEOCjf.jpg:large

The layout is fairly dull but at least it is slightly different to Krake and Non-Oblivion, The Stupidly Named Hole.

That model though, oh I have falled in love! Beautiful!

Layout looks typically poor as Efteling consistently demonstrate.

That said, theming is great.

Gardaland's layout looks to be better in some respects. Also it's better than Krake.

Should be decent as long as it's got a decent amount of speed, hopefully it won't crawl as much as it does on the simulation.