• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

Track has finally appeared outside the B&M factory in Ohio, this seem's a strange choice as I believe B&M has a plant in Italy & that is where the Gardaland dive machine was fabricated.

As far as I know, the plant in Italy has been shut for a little while for upgrading and making bigger, so they can do bigger projects.

:)

Sorry for the double post but vijfzintuigen have some new construction photos of those sexy first drop supports going in! Squeeee!

Also, doesn't Efteling look magical in the snow?

141587_forum.jpg

141588_forum.jpg

141591_forum.jpg

141592_forum.jpg

141603_forum.jpg

141611_forum.jpg

Are they the actual supports or just decorative? If the former, this will be joining Alpengeist on an elite list of B&Ms with non-standard lift supports. Not a hugely exciting club to be part on admittedly, but still a rare accolade.

B&M have done custom supports in the past so no reason why they can't have done these. But the fact these have arrived massively in advance of any other piece of coaster steel work suggests it's decorative.

They tend to bulk ship coaster track as it's cheaper, especially seen as it's likely coming from the U.S. plant.

B&M have done custom supports in the past so no reason why they can't have done these. But the fact these have arrived massively in advance of any other piece of coaster steel work suggests it's decorative.

They tend to bulk ship coaster track as it's cheaper, especially seen as it's likely coming from the U.S. plant.

Track inside the station is already in place. The concepts do make it look like this could be the actual supports but I guess we will have to wait and see to be sure. Either way it's going to look stunning!

Ahhh didn't know track was in the station, it's certainly not impossible that this will be load bareing then.

Same place as before. I think there's going to be the photo shop under here too!
rax74l.jpg

141686_forum.jpg

That must be load bearing, surely, even Efteling wouldn't go to this extent for theming, would they? :/

It's a shame you can't give the guys who design this stuff a bigger place/budget etc to let rip with the really big hardware.

I wish they'd get them into Towers, but unfortunately nowadays we all know they'd be wasted there.

But the detail already to me seems unreal.

I think the people that work for Efteling, work there because they love Efteling and what it stands for.

As for the supports, I can't see anymore footers near them so they must be load bearing! Great!

I think the people that work for Efteling, work there because they love Efteling and what it stands for.

As for the supports, I can't see anymore footers near them so they must be load bearing! Great!

That's what Towers used to be like.

And we have what looks like lift track ready to go in! :D

zdN8lH.jpg

These three look like the final brakes into the station. Quite a gradient on them on the way in!
AkqkMI.jpg

sOBMkE.jpg

s6s5eb.jpg

From Vijfzintuigen as usual :)
And one more of the brakerun from Eftelwesley on Twitter!
B9e9wUTIgAAvj-y.jpg

Last edited:
I suppose it's more efficient to have the brakes on a gradient so they don't need kicker wheels to power the cars onwards.

Some stuff that has not been posten on here, yet.

* Of course, construction is continuing on Baron 1898. There are many photos available on Dutch web sites (www.devijfzintuigen.nl and www.themepark.nl). Also, in my opinion, Eftelwesley's YT videos are really nice. Here is one of this week:

* The animatronic of the main character (Gustave Hooghmoed, ugh, despite making the ride as international as possible, they chose a name that is pretty much unpronounceable by most foreigners - try the 'H' and the 'gh' when you come over to Efteling ;) ) will be by Garner Holt productions. Apart from the name of the main character, as Dutch as possible, the pre shows will remain pretty much non-verbal.

Non-Baron 1898 stuff.

* Game Gallery has been torn down and is being rebuild. So far, it looks like no major changes, only the tired look from the buildings will be replaced by something more classic, resulting in a cleaner look. Personally, I would have loved if it would have been torn down. Full stop. If it needs to be rebuild, then as classic and integrated into the landscape as much as possible. There are no drawings available, so fingers crossed.

* Gondoletta is getting a large refurbishment. Some changes are going to be made, based on a leaked press release, but that still remained very cryptic.

* Efteling has appointed a 'UK manager', who will be in charge of marketing Efteling overseas in the coming years. Not sure how big this is going to be approached. Efteling started (re)marketing a couple of years ago in Germany, after a long period in which they lay low on marketing in Germany, and that resulted in being the main sponsor of major tv shows, like the German version of 'The Voice' and sponsoring professional football clubs. I don't think they will approach the UK market that seriously already, since the obstacle for UK people to come to Efteling is higher than for the Germans and it was not that the Germans never heard of Efteling before as opposed to probably 99.99% of the UK. Also marketing Efteling is not necessarily easy, it pretty much is a park that you first have to visit before you know if you really like it or not. It does not have major IPs or impressive coaster statistics.

* One of Efteling's most ugly big restaurants, the only one left, is rumored to finally undergo a major refurb in 2016. This is the Welkom/Globetrotter building, located on the Reizenrijk square, next to Vogel Rok. Keep in mind, when I started at Efteling in the early zeros, there were already rumors for this refurb. However, I do think that this time it might actually happen. It should have already happened last year, but then De Witte Paard's refurbishment was moved forward because that restaurant has the highest turnover in the entire park.

* Efteling bought the office of Rabobank across the street. However, they will only actually 'physically' attain it at the end of 2016. If this means that they will move some offices from other buildings to there and will give some grounds back to the actual park for further additions, is not entirely clear.
Some background info: According to Efteling management, the park will be full in 2020, so they need some new grounds to work with. Procedures are also running to change the designation of the grounds west from the park from agriculture to business in order to be able to build on those grounds. They already own the grounds themselves. I don't know how this is all organized in the UK, but, believe me, that is something that can easily take a decade in the Netherlands. If you've even been there, you have probably spotted how everything is completely broken up in squares and rectangular portions of land. Every piece of land has its own, carefully planned designation/function and you cannot just change that. Anyway, changing that designation would almost double the size of the current park. They also want to change the parking lot, use the smaller, left side of the grounds for extending the fairy tale forest and redirect the position of the entrance building 90 degrees to the West. To cut a long story short, this is a big venture.

* Efteling implemented its 'glow with the show' at Tiesto's Aquanura (only for that show) through the Efteling app, so you don't actually have to buy something. Tiesto's show will run during the next two weeks, next to the Aquanura-second symphony.

Big photo update ahead!

First of all, Loopings have got some photos of the inside of the station building:

binnen3baron100215.jpg

binnen4baron100215.jpg

binnen2baron100215.jpg

binnen7baron100215.jpg

Secondly, there are tonnes of photos over on the vijfzintuigen.nl forum. I'll post some of the better ones here but it is worth taking a look at the topic.

142305_real.jpg

142240_real.jpg

142252_forum.jpg

142255_forum.jpg

142309_forum.jpg

142398_forum.jpg

142410_forum.jpg

Wonderful springs to mind!