• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

The arches on the 'Mine Shaft' structure are now in place and they do add to it, they really do bind it all together making a lovely link between the main tower and the addition girder support!

11039806_10153061232628965_6383050553805259483_n.jpg

And well... Would you look at that!

11050298_10153061626343965_73598622328362959_n.jpg

11039458_452270904923749_1941009312_n.jpg

The Netherlands have their first Vertical Drop... And it is nothing short of possibly the most stunning vertical drop coaster ever built! Small it may be by comparison to others, but that structure really is gorgeous! A very dramatic looking coaster!

Interesting. I suppose really this should be compared to Krake and the other "mini" dive machines, rather than the "jumbo" models.

I agree though, there's no real reason why it shouldn't be truely vertical.

The drop is so puny

This! It looks lovely, the detail and theming is beautiful. But then when you see this...

griffon3.jpg

...you realise that the coaster is a non-event and this is merely there to be looked at in awe of the theming! :p

This! It looks lovely, the detail and theming is beautiful. But then when you see this...

griffon3.jpg

...you realise that the coaster is a non-event and this is merely there to be looked at in awe of the theming! :p

Is your surname Alvey by any chance?

The drop is so puny

But it's not at Six Flags, Busch or Alton Towers. Even if it is small compared to similar coasters, it's the most intense ride at Efteling by a country mile. In a park with any other intense coasters it would look silly, but at Efteling this 'baby' dive machine becomes an absolute beast by default! :D

Personally I don't think much of Sheikra; I find it boring, regardless of it being slightly larger than Oblivion and with more going on. Not everyone agrees, but that's why I like that dive machines are taking different shapes, sizes and themes rather than all just being big for the sake of it. The theming on this looks second to none and I can't wait to experience Baron as an attraction, not just as a ride, like many parks treat their coasters.

But it's not at Six Flags, Busch or Alton Towers. Even if it is small compared to similar coasters, it's the most intense ride at Efteling by a country mile. In a park with any other intense coasters it would look silly, but at Efteling this 'baby' dive machine becomes an absolute beast by default! :D

I don't debate it, before people start thinking I take thrills over theming. I totally do not. But the drop is puny. It wasn't necessarily a complaint.

Oddly I really rate Griffon but don't particularly rate SheiKra. Although I prefer them both to Oblivion & Krake.

Some new photos posted to TPR:

B_zywZyU8AE8em8.jpg:large

B_zolWSUwAE16I3.jpg:large

B_zvgPMU0AAOalu.jpg

Definitely isn't a 90 degree drop. Oblivion at Gardaland has an 87 degree drop so I would imagine this is the same.

:)

This is absolutely stunning, I was a bit apprehensive at how Efteling would make such a brute of a coaster into something that fits nicely in with their magical aesthetic, and they've pulled it off beautifully.

And also, despite being a massive fan of Efteling and its
offerings of moderate thrills, it is nice to see the coaster line-up reaching more into the thrill seeking market.

Reactions: Dar