• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

Whilst the entrance looks grand, it doesn't seem very fitting to the rest of the station building
I don't know. Those crazy Victorians loved to celebrate their technology by making even something as mundane as a sewage pumping station as grand as a public building.

And the layout is complete:

CAiNFgKXEAAAUT-.jpg:large

Also I've not watched it yet but there is a new making of video:

:)

Reactions: Dar
Some Hartenhof related news off an Efteling fan website, here's the Google Translation:

Polle Pancakes Book new introduction Hartenhof?
News »Polle Pancakes Book new introduction Hartenhof?

Efteling Today 23:23

After the last time increasingly Hartenhof-related merchandise on sale went like the action figures that were based on the Hartenhof TV series and since last week the Symbolica-posters will be given away free with purchase of a Pardoes souvenir, it seems note that we have from the beginning of July still get a renewed acquaintance with the once grand announced Hartenhof attraction, which until now still not arrived.

On July 1 appears namely 'Polle Pancakes Book', based entirely on the main character of pancake restaurant Polle Polle's Kitchen. It is remarkable that while the introduction story plenty of talk about the world of Pardoes and Pardijn and all residents of Hartenhof. On the cover of the cookbook is the following statement:

"Bring with Polle Pancakes book the world of Efteling in your own kitchen! Pancakes baking living in each household. It is to make the first dish that children learn. In Polle pancakes book are the most famous, but also the most surprising pancakes covered . Open this book and you find yourself in the adventure pancake restaurant of the Efteling:. Polle's Kitchen Polle, diligent cooks buddy of the Royal kitchen of the Hartenhof and all its inmates give their best pancakes recipes price Polle teaches you how to make a pancake need. baking. Pardoes the Tovernar and Princess Pardijn show how you can decorate your pancake. Aliciana the old fairy conjures the most beautiful cakes for the whole family. Pardulfus King knows all desserts. Maybe he therefore so fat. Grand Magister Almar brews wondrous beslagjes for pancakes without gluten, milk and other ingredients that some children are not at all happy. "

The publication of this book reinforces the rumors that Efteling behind the scenes would still be engaged in the construction of the Hartenhofpaleis on the Brink, who according to unconfirmed reports later this year could start. There would be plenty of time to have done the mega-dark ride of some 40 million euros for the jubilee year 2017, which the park 65 years exists.

Hartenhof was previously announced as anniversary attraction for the 60th anniversary of the Efteling in 2012, but was due to problems in the specially developed technique attraction not. One of the robotic arms that visitors will soon have to transport through the world of Pardoes and was developed as a prototype, is still waiting for the green light in a factory. Even though there was made a large model of the palace, which has been a long time in the lobby of the office building Raveleijn. Polle's Kitchen was at the first step to the Realm of Fantasy, which Hartenhof should be the main attraction.

The book will be published on July 1, will cover 96 pages and costs 12.50 euros.

Post BUMP via the same fan website as above.

Efteling launches on Saturday June 20 a new, exclusive event: 'Efteling Midsummer.Leading up to the longest day of the year, the Efteling for one night in a new, intimate and hip event experience like never before.

From 19.30 the park opens its gates for an exclusive evening in festival atmosphere, full of mysticism, relaxed beats and poetic enchantment. There are small lounge terraces with snacks and cocktails and rolling kitchens in unexpected places. All attractions are open all night and as dusk falls, the nature is illuminated magical. At twelve o'clock at night starting on a number of squares around a maypole a Midsummer celebration. Thus denominated visitors, elves and trolls early summer.The evening is at 00.30 special way jointly decided. For Efteling Midsummer 'special tickets are available.
More information via efteling.com/midzomernacht. New event for new target Fons Jurgens, Chairman Board of Directors, explains why the Efteling Efteling Midsummer 'launches "This festival like evening fits wonderfully in Efteling where stories, legends and now also international traditions come to life. In 2020 we want to attract five million visitors per year. To this end, we need to appeal to new audiences and entice visitors to come more often to the Efteling. With this event we want twenties with their friends a whole new Efteling discover in trendy setting. It is a special experience, completely different from our visitors are accustomed to. "

I envisage a chav-fest for this - like in 2012 when I visited for the midnight close.

:p

At Efteling? This surprises me as it's never struck me as that type of park. Whenever I've visited it's always been a much more pleasant crowd, presumably due to it not being a very thrill rides focussed park, or even a particularly rides focussed park for that matter.

Indeed.

However, at the midnight close - after about 8pm it was so bizarre. It was like all the families left and the locals from that village nearby descended. It was a completely different ambience.

We were in the waiting area for DVH and there was football style chants and shouting going on... so odd!

The other wheel is on too:
DSCN5077.jpg

Some more overview shots. It looks like there's going to be plenty of guest interaction too!
DSCN6334.jpg

DSCN5455.jpg

DSCN5409.jpg

DSCN6318.jpg

Some landscaping:
DSCN5011.jpg

Photo shop under the lift tower:
DSCN6500.jpg

Looks great! I wonder when we can expect to see some testing, but with an opening date in July they've got plenty of time to put the finishing touches to it.

More pictures at Vijfzintuigen

Episode 7 in the Making-Of: Baron 1898 has now been added to YouTube! This episode sees the completion of the track, along with the first glimpses of theming being installed inside the station building and information on various effects!

Needles to say, it is looking absolutely stunning! The entire project is just so grand and with information given in the video that will spread to the actual running of the ride, with what could be one of the most elaborate dispatch sequences on a coaster! Very exciting stuff as always from Efteling in terms of overall package/presentation!

Looking forward to the next episode too, with an insight into the rides soundtrack! :D

Oh my, that looks gorgeous! The sheer level of detail is outstanding.

:)

Reminds me a bit of Mill Meece, a pumping station not far from me:

143998_d9c700ac.jpg

6124003-large.jpg

The attention to detail is brilliant, I think the more this project has gone along, the more I think they have made the right decision to get the smaller ride vehicle.

This is certainly going to be a park I am going to visit next year.

Ian

It's a shame the theming doesn't seem to have been developed between the drop and brake run.

Reactions: Sam