• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

It looks absolutely incredible. No expense spared. Will be interesting to see the finished result when finished, especially the areas inside.

Could be said about 90% of all the world's roller-coasters tbh...

Also knowing what Efteling are like, I would expect to see further theming added as time goes on. It is clearly the theming that will make this ride special, whilst Gardaland have focussed more on ride experience. Personally I have always find Dive Coasters pretty boring so I would much rather take the Efteling approach. This is a coaster which interests me far more than Oblivion 2, despite the fact that it appears to be alot smaller and tamer.

I'm not disputing Efteling's credentials - but the transition between dark ride and outdoor section on DVH, for example is quite jarring.

I think Gardaland have also done a very good, albeit different, job on theirs.

:)

A shoot from Instagram.

074678e163ed79b7d06d78b7a6c5ef70.jpg

Reactions: Dar
That looks a lot quicker than I anticipated. I'll probably wake up after a wet dream to think it'll probably be running a lot faster in July.

Get me on it. Now.

I'll be suprised if it stays like that. Divers run slow through inversions.

Plus it didn't hold on the drop, once you stop the train on the drop you will kill a bit of the speed through the inversion.

I don't think this has as big a holding brake as Oblivion? But if it's running this fast without the brake, I can't seeing it slowing down that much when the brake comes online.

Either way, a new video showing most of the layout has been put online by loopings, still without the holding brake so it still looks really fast

Apologies for double posting, but I have a quick question,

How easy is it to get to Efteling from the UK (London)?

Seven and a half weeks. Then we can first take a ride in Baron 1898 Efteling's newest attraction. The spectacular vrijevalachtbaan is currently scheduled to open on Wednesday, July 1st, 2015, report different sources Looopings.

That is exactly five years after George and the Dragon wooden coaster was inaugurated. In the days given for the official opening Efteling staff, journalists, guests and award winners a foretaste of the Baron. Efteling has the exact opening date of the dive coaster always kept secret until now. Did mention a poster on a German tourism fair in March 1898 already that Baron would be open "from July 2015" . "We naturally strive for an opening in the early summer" , responded a spokeswoman at the time. The next few weeks are used for making test runs, the adjustment of the track and the programming of the show effects in the station building. They want at all costs to prevent the attraction is not yet completely finished as the first visitors step inside. The first ride took place last Friday. Also this weekend there is plenty tested. Many workers do not celebrate Mother's Day, even on Sundays the train flew several times through the course.

Looopings source

Reactions: Dar