• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

It looks amazing. Efteling giving me more reason to return!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's face it we all knew that it would look great and exactly like the concept art, but even so, every time a new attraction is built at Efteling recently it is still surprising just how stunning they are!

Anyway, a slight side note from Symbolica. It would appear that everybody's favourite dark ride/terrible water coaster De Vliegende Hollander is having a slightly more extensive refurb this winter season!

Efteling Fan Twitter account 'Plaetjesmakers' have today uploaded some images of 'DVH' completely covered over... All with the rather amusing caption 'De Plastice Hollander. #Efteling' ;)

32c68dc9b980b8337ceccbce1c0a8386.jpg

37dfd3e8dd704ddd2fd40250a55a9f9f.jpg

a3fb6243a097b37d16bd8f0546c02fe0.jpg
(All Images: @plaetjesmakers)

It will be interesting to see how this goes, I would assume a repaint is on the cards as part of this as he track was looking some what grimy in August!

More than just a repaint, sections of track have been removed!

This retracting coasters phrase is getting our of hand!haha

Loopings have just posted a photo update on their Twitter account of the progress on DVH.

af36fad68084d8b8b20555a11aa0206e.jpg
(Image: Loopings)

Extensive to say the least!!

They're replacing the track at the bottom of the splash, apparently being wet and getting repeatedly stressed isn't great for steel! Who knew!

Not sure if they're replacing any other track but they're at least refurbing it

:)

Just like they did with Baron, Efteling will be posting a series of videos to YouTube regarding the making of Symbolica:

Excellent news, I'm sure these will give a great insight to the project!

:)

Certainly looks another fantastic documentary series from the park. Some of the things they mentioned There of appealing to all ages, using imagination and guests returning are very positive attitudes which I wish many other parks approached projects with.

Efteling are without doubt one of the best when it comes to dedication and looking after their park.

Listened to the Fatal Morgana theme for the first time in ages tonight... it truly is a delightful piece of music. I would happily live my life to that soundtrack.

On the other hand though, I would happily end my life to the Carnival Festival music.

Symbolica Update
33c3if8.jpg

Efteling have announced Symbolica will be themed with a garden roof made up of sedum plants and 800 solar panels, in line with Efteling's eco-friendly objectives.
2udz4na.jpg

2m7srj9.jpg

A fan made mock up of the garden.
180217denk.jpg

There has also been another episode of the making of Symbolica which focuses on the ride music and at the end teases the ride vehicles.

I'm glad they are doing something with the roof, as it's right under the pagoda, so it would be a shame to have a boring roof that you can actually see.

It looks like the nice video will show the ride cars.

Here is the latest instalment showing the ride vehicles, they really pay so much attention to detail, only if Merlin did the same