• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

The level of detail going into Symbolica is sublime. I really need to get myself to Efteling once it is open!

:)

Efteling have posted a photo of Symbolica's roof garden:

18766132_10155412167153854_1253479115384156752_n.jpg

Wow!

I am so pleased that Efteling, which has stayed true to itself pretty much the whole way and never stops encouraging amazing work, is the 4th most attended park in Europe, really brilliant.

I don't know what the queue lines at Efteling are typically like, but nice cattlepen:

020617dak7.jpg

There also appears to be a covered area of queue lines with some decorative features:

020617tof2.jpg

020617tof3.jpg

Souce: Looopings

Think every major ride has a cattlepen (bar Joris)... This will be because of Dreamflight's obscene popularity and the expectation and likelihood that this will be the same... Doubt they want to destroy another apparently beautiful queueline again...

Efteling will open a spectacular new attraction within three years

The new attraction Symbolica is not open yet, but the Efteling is already busy with the next major expansion. The theme park opens a spectacular attraction within three years. That's what Efteling director Fons Jurgens told in an interview with Looopings.

"In order to attract five million visitors by 2020, we invest in three phases," says Jurgens. "The first phase consisted of the arrival of rollercoaster Baron 1898, and the extension of Bosrijk holiday park in 2015. Phase two will be realized this year, with Darkride Symbolica and Loonsche Land holiday park."

In 2019 or 2020, the third phase is in turn. "We have beautiful, ready-to-use plans for attractions. What attraction is coming has not yet been decided."

One thing is clear: Jurgens wants an attraction with a decent capacity. "In this way, we can keep the waiting times in check. It would be unwise to invest in attractions with a capacity of less than a thousand people per hour." Symbolica has a capacity of 1400 visitors per hour.

In February, the new Efteling master plan was unanimously approved by the City Council. The theme park is expected to grow by eight hectares in the coming years. A piece of land at the Efteling Hotel - between Vogel Rok and the Python - is being drawn to the park.

Also, the Efteling has plans for attractions up to 50 m (165 ft) high. A spokesman of the park confirms to Looopings that in the new piece of land the park is allowed to build up to fifty meters high.

http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/7747...jaar-weer-spectaculaire-nieuwe-attractie.html

It would be unwise.

*Glares at Baron*

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Isn't that delightful! Better than I expected - glad it's quite a long ride experience and has a lot of charm.

(Also enjoying the blatant nods to Mystic Manor, but that's no surprise)

Theme Park Insider have been to the press launch and written a review, which may be of interest.

Theme Park Insider said:
Symbolica is undoubtedly one of the finest dark rides we've seen this decade. (And by shunning screens, drops and blockbuster franchises, feels like an almost-revolutionary call to arms for the great classic dark ride.)

Last edited: