• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

It is basically the opposite of the Merlin way of all the dark themes. Can't have all one or all the other without it being a bit off as such?
I don't think it's about 'dark' or 'light' themes as such – all Disney dark rides (except Small World) have at least one moment of suspense or peril because it's a basic component of narrative (apart from Villa Volta, none of Efteling's dark rides actually have narrative).

Suspense is a better word for it. I didn't include them on my list, but both DVH and Baron do have moments of suspense. It baffles me that Symbolica doesn't, though I like the ride overall.

none of Efteling's dark rides actually have narrative).

I don't think this is true and coincidentally the video review i posted on the previous page explains a lot of the rides narratives but i do appreciate if you don't speak Dutch they can pass you by. Would agree they're not as linear as some other examples but i quite like how that gives them a unique character to what you would typically expect at a theme park. You just have to work a bit harder at Efteling to piece things together i think but that's good for encouraging imagination... it is after all a theme park based entirely around fairytales!