• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Entrance Plaza's

LewisNavex

TS Member
Favourite Ride
EuroSat
An entrance plaza can tell you a lot about a park...

Example:
%2540LunaPark-entrance.jpg

That Entrance Plaza tells us that Luna Park will eat you alive!

Towers' tells you you're going to need a second mortgage ;)

Thorpe's is menacing purely because once you cross the bridge it seems like the point of no return... Ever...

My all-time favourites have got to be Main Street and CityWalk. Both set a wonderful atmosphere for the trip, and you can really feel the magic. Possibly my favourite areas in the world.

I still (and always will) love Alton Towers' Towers Street! The music combined with the towers in the background is amazing!
Just get rid of those bloody advertisements!

By the way, wheres your pirate avatar Diogo?

;)

Blizzard said:
I still (and always will) love Alton Towers' Towers Street! The music combined with the towers in the background is amazing!

Need's to look more like this to be honest...

249125_10151002164636201_874768109_n.jpg

efteling-1.jpg

Efteling's House of the Five Senses, omnomnom!

CoasterCrazyChris said:
ts1009.jpg

Grot.Hole.

I mean seriously, what possessed them to paint it bright blue and sick yellow? :p

Wow you even got the hoodie's! Such a detailed photo ;D

In all seriousness, I do love the Entrance Plaza and Towers Street at Towers, it's a great way to enter the park and leads to some stunning views over to the Towers.

430291_10151299949000343_2068398913_n.jpg

6384_267217755342_5796194_n.jpg

:)

Rob said:

Love The Corkscrew being here! Was so glad to find out it was going to be kept for public display rather than being scrapped! Adds terrific excitement to the thrill seeking guest! Like at Thorpe Park you can see all the rides from the entrance but at towers it's different because of the height restrictions on the rides.

I have to agree. I may have mocked it in my post, but let's face it if it were to be demolished we would all be secretly sad. It's a part of Alton Towers we've all grown up with and it's always been there, despite being the throwback to the mid 80's it most certainly is.

Like much of the park, its problems really stem as a result of poor cosmetic jobs over the years. Nothing a proper thought out colour scheme and more greenery wouldn't solve.

And the Corkscrew memorial of course! Just great! (Not too keen on the fencing box though underneath).

:)

Oakwood outdoes the lot.

b_083137.jpg

It kinds of reminds me I need a new pair of sun glasses... or a shed.