• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Europa Park at Christmas

CoasterBoy

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Blue Fire
Hello,

Looking at going to Europa Park around Xmas time, just wondering if anyone has been before at this time and if all the rides and attractions are open.

Thanks,

CB

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

A handful of our members often go around the new year's period for some festive cheer, and from what I've heard, a few of the rides are closed due to the cold weather conditions, however if the temperature rises, the park are straight onto opening up the ride for your enjoyment!

Now there will be better people to answer who have actually been at Christmas, and I'm sure they will reply ASAP. :)

Thanks Tom, went to Europa Park in May and had a brilliant time so can only imagine what it would be like around Xmas and New Year.

Thanks for the speedy response :)

Thanks Tom, went to Europa Park in May and had a brilliant time so can only imagine what it would be like around Xmas and New Year.

Thanks for the speedy response :)
You're welcome, and yes, I had my first trip there in March - April this year, and I adored it. I too would love to see the park at winter, but money is a problem. ;)

There are a few rides that are always closed in the winter season, plus some that only operate if weather conditions allow.

The following rides do not operate in winter:

Silver Star
Poseidon
Atlantica Supersplash
Tirol Wildwasserbahn
Fjord Rafting

The following rides are not guaranteed to be open, but could be:

Blue Fire (usually only opens during weekends/holidays, weather permitting)
Schweizer Bobbahn (not officially open, but may operate weather permitting)

Additionally, most coasters could by affected by snow or ice, though they will make every effort to get them open. Bobbahn is the exception as it tends to collect snow in the trough.

Europa Park during the Winter season is absolutely lovely, I highly recommend visiting then if you already enjoy what the resort has to offer during Summer season.

They put a lot of effort into park wide aesthetics such as pine trees decorated with Christmas lights and various decorations, there's also a market that goes from the German Alley up towards Schloss Balthasar and various chalets/stalls dotted across the park offering fruit punch and mulled wine in cute Euromaus mugs.

Here are a few photos I took when I went with the group for New Years, the Rust area had a thick layer of snow by the time we arrived too.

Eurosat
10883967_10152438035431739_1415248366_o.jpg

Iceland
10892436_10152438340106739_69349312_o.jpg

View from the Belle Vue, a travelling ferris wheel that sits on top of Atlantica Supersplash (It gets very cold up top)
10878656_10152438840716739_1468033584_o.jpg

Bad quality photo of the Euromaus mug, it's only 2 Euros
10892685_10152443748506739_1469505798_o.jpg

Those pictures are brilliant, looks incredible. Were most of the attractions open? I know this has been sort of answered already but Blue Fire would be great to ride again at Christmas time.

Everything but the rides John listed above were open (I can't remember anything about Bobbahn though), we were aware they were trying to get Blue Fire open around New Years and after some time, it did!... About a day after we had left.

Winter season at EP is incredible. As said above some rides may be closed, but the theming and the shows make it worth a visit. there are lights absolutely everywhere (even on the Panorama Bahn), and it is amazing when it gets dark.

Regarding rides all as being said above. I may precise that last year bluefire was opened as soon as the weather allowed it. It hasnt been said, but in winter there is a giant Ferris Wheel (55m high) named Bellevue on Atlantica lake, and many rides such as Eurosat, Euromir, teacups do have special music and theming forr the occasion.

Talking about winter I have to mention the shows, they are usually longer than in the main season. In winter you have a Circus included in the entrance price. It is made by Jospeh Bouglionne, a famous french circus, and it is about 1h15min long. You also have a winter ice show (about 50min) and a winter Musical in the globe theater (about 45min), that are different from the main season's one. There are no shows in the Theatro del arte in Italia and in the Spanish area.
And every day at the end of the day you have a open air show called Luna Magica that takes place in a stage specially built on the lake next to the Seerestaurant. This show includes water fountain and fireworks, but let's be honest, it is not that great.

Winter season at EP is incredible. As said above some rides may be closed, but the theming and the shows make it worth a visit. there are lights absolutely everywhere (even on the Panorama Bahn), and it is amazing when it gets dark.

Regarding rides all as being said above. I may precise that last year bluefire was opened as soon as the weather allowed it. It hasnt been said, but in winter there is a giant Ferris Wheel (55m high) named Bellevue on Atlantica lake, and many rides such as Eurosat, Euromir, teacups do have special music and theming forr the occasion.

Talking about winter I have to mention the shows, they are usually longer than in the main season. In winter you have a Circus included in the entrance price. It is made by Jospeh Bouglionne, a famous french circus, and it is about 1h15min long. You also have a winter ice show (about 50min) and a winter Musical in the globe theater (about 45min), that are different from the main season's one. There are no shows in the Theatro del arte in Italia and in the Spanish area.
And every day at the end of the day you have a open air show called Luna Magica that takes place in a stage specially built on the lake next to the Seerestaurant. This show includes water fountain and fireworks, but let's be honest, it is not that great.

Thanks Pedro, sounds incredible! Really want to be in the park when it's dark (UK parks are never open at night except on special occasions) so will be a cool experience I hope :)

Europa-Park is highly recommended in winter. Aside from the fact a few rides are closed - it is the most magical and wonderful time of year to visit.

Hi guys,

Hope everyone has had a good Christmas.:)

Just back from a long weekend at Europa Park, and it was incredible. Having been in the summer i wasn't sure what I'd make of the Winter Season but it delivered. Few points below;

- Blue Fire, Wodan and Arthur were all open, and riding them at night is such an amazing experience. A must.

- VR Alpine Express is great addition to the park, get on early as it had long queues in the afternoon. It costs 2 euros each time, and is only free for guests in a suite.

- Incredible theming and staff as always fantastic.

- Bellevue at night is a great experience.

- Ireland extension is a lot bigger than I thought, visible work taking place every day.

We stayed in the Hotel Bell Rock, and were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite which was incredible. Apparently they are trying to impress 'international' guests (i'm Scottish) so hence the upgrade.

A free upgrade?

Wow! Nice work! Which one was it? Probably saw you around, but didn't know you were there.

:D

I knew that Europa-Park was going to be pretty special during the winter season and I had been looking forward to my first winter season visit for a long time. I am pleased to say that the park did not disappoint.

I was taken away by the sheer number of Christmas trees and lighting around the park; far far more than I could ever have imagined. The park looks amazing during the day but it really comes to life at night. Theming and lights are everywhere. The new lights on Blue Fire's train only add to this and it appears there is new much stronger blue lighting to illuminate the entire track more than ever; it creates the most lovely glow in the sky.

The German market and additional stalls around the park are also a delight. There is so much to see and do during EP at this time of the year. I would recommend it to anyone.

:)