• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Exclusive – 'The Smiler' themed rooms for 2013

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Here is a clearer image taken from TowersStreet latest news article:

smilerkeyimage.jpg

A 'Marmalising' Chair...
I think they mean spinning chair.

These rooms are getting better and better, and I do hope that all of the rooms in both hotels will be themed to this standard in the future!

Personally I wouldn't stay in it but it looks like a good themed room. Then again I am from Yorkshire so wouldn't stay unless it was cheap anyway :p

GaryH said:
Dont like that at all!!!! Urgh, think i'd go mental if i slept in there lol!

I think that's the point of the room! ;)

I really like the style, looks perfect for the theme. Imagine going back to the room after one too many drinks in Margs, that would be interesting!

Also, it says that the room is available from 28th March, so before the ride.

:)

LOL!! I think its the operating table style lights above the bed, freaky! Stuff of nightmares!

So yes.... I see your point ha ha ha

I'm really liking the look of The Smiler bedroom from those concept images. However as it looks to be just a standard sized room with nicer decor it would not be worth a £300-£400 price tag like we have seen with some themed rooms.

I can't help but feel annoyed now though that the Nemesis and Oblivion bedrooms were removed in the first place...

The Smiler rooms can now be booked online. http://www.altontowers.com/hotels/alton-towers-hotel/the-smiler-bedroom

Prices seem to range from about £325 - £380. Whilst it does look good it's to much for me.

This also puts me right off:

Make sure you have your smart phone or tablet to hand with a multitude of jaw-dropping augmented reality to discover once inside - this is a room that guarantees you leave with a smile on your face!

Maybe I'm just getting old, but if I were to pay that kind of money for a room I want to escape and enjoy my surroundings. The thought of running around waving my poxy smart phone at the walls is horrible. I'm sure kids would love it tho.

Er.

Looks a darn site more interesting than the more expensively touted Moon Rooms!

Novas said:
TheMan said:
Er.

Looks a darn site more interesting than the more expensively touted Moon Rooms!

More expensive? The Moon Rooms come in at around £215.00?

Have they dropped a lot then suddenly? Gave up on that thread when initial prices were released. Though I don't really care to get into a big debate about it again lol. Made my feelings clear on all that in the thread itself. These just seem a bit more inventive and creative.

I think it was a rumour, someone pulled £400.00 out of their backsides and the convo went nuts. :)

Just checked and a weekend stay in early July for the Moon Room is coming out at £225.00, The Smilier room for the same day is £337.00.

Don't get me wrong I do love the look of the Smilier room, I just think that any interactive features would be best contained to the room itself as opposed to being activated by a phone.

Novas said:
Just checked and a weekend stay in early July for the Moon Room is coming out at £225.00, The Smilier room for the same day is £337.00.

Out of interest, where are you getting that price for the Moon Voyager rooms from? I've checked a few Saturday nights in different months and they are all £333 based on 4 adults sharing or £306 I think it was for 2 adults. Prices are less on Fridays or mid-week I believe.

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.