• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Exclusive – 'The Smiler' themed rooms for 2013

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
badlydrawnkelBel said:
That is true. Did not notice until you pointed it out. Tbh most hotels now have walk in showers rather than baths. I have never had a bath any time I have stayed there. My other half has a few times, but I would rather have a shower.

For £300-£400 a night I'd want a hot-tub at the very least.

It is a nice room, it has a cool carpet and a funky paint job with some nice touches, but a lot of it (especially the bathroom) just looks like Ikea furniture with stickers.

HaydenCR said:
Jared said:
Worst. Themed. Rooms. Ever.

Care to elaborate?

I quite like the room. I dont like the price tag however!

It's far too much money for a room, when all you really want is a nice, comfortable bed, clean room and a decent shower. Do you really need a room as bright as that? I know I wouldn't be able to sleep in a room that's probably brighter during night than it is at the moment during the day. :p

I quite like the room (all of Alton Towers hotel rooms are stupidly overpriced in peak times no-matter which level it is). The shower isn't a big deal, most 4* hotels offer walk in showers these days as people don't want baths.

Still i wont be staying in it (or any other suite) as i don't wish to remortgage just to stay in a pretty room for a night.

Jared said:
HaydenCR said:
Jared said:

Care to elaborate?

It's far too much money for a room, when all you really want is a nice, comfortable bed, clean room and a decent shower. Do you really need a room as bright as that? I know I wouldn't be able to sleep in a room that's probably brighter during night than it is at the moment during the day. :p

You know that yellow paint does not actually emit light?

Novas said:
Jared said:
HaydenCR said:
Jared said:

Care to elaborate?

You know that yellow paint does not actually emit light?

Yes, I was being sarcastic, which doesn't translate too well on the internet. Hence the :p

I like to have a bath after a day on park. Even if the baths at the hotel drain alarmingly slowly!

Still I look forward to someone doing a video review!

Some people do not like having showers, and prefer baths. Therefore, for a 'premium' themed suite I at least expect a shower and bath. Not one or the other.

Regarding the size - it's a bit hard with themed rooms these days as the hotel was designed as it was. There's not a lot they can do to extend the rooms without coming into a lot of hassle with knocking down walls, re-enforcing them etc... Not that I'm making an excuse on Alton's part, but it would cost more for them to knock down walls to build extended rooms. They just want to refurb old standard rooms then flog them off as premium themed rooms.

I can only go by the highest rated hotel I have ever stayed at (4* supreme yet cheaper than ATH) and their rooms where all walk in showers.

But Dave, if that was a certain German theme park resort then it's probably just designed for bathroom throughput efficiency ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.