• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Extrordinary Golf: What Should Happen?

What should happen to the golf?

• Older holes being replaced with newer ones.

Votes: 55 54.5%
  • Extend it more into the car park.

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Just a spruce up.

Votes: 38 37.6%

• Total voters
Some of us did the golf on Monday after the park had closed and as always we all had a good laugh. But some of the holes are in a right state now. The Hex hole was in pieces and the tree was falling apart. Also the majority of the audio around the holes was turned off, with only Duel, Ug land and the flume working. the rest were silent or really bad quality such as the squirrel nutty hole. Some of the effects worked such as the chicken and pig noises but the rest didnt work.

I would love to see a little bit of money pumped in just to fix broken features or parts of the holes that are broke.

(And for the record I won :D)

I love Extraordinary Golf! Usually I lose but this time I came joint second with my Mum! My boyfriend, who had never even been to AT before, won ::) He got a hole in one on the Nemesis Monster course and was delighted with himself. "OMG! It's gone in! Look! It went straight in!" ;D

I think it could just do with a spruce up, and as I said on another post, something to stop the ball rolling off the ends of the course would be good (because I'm rubbish lol). I don't like the "cheat" route on the Tea Cups either - I like to get it around the curve, not for it to roll back down through a gap in the wall. Seems silly and isn't mentioned on the guide thing at the start of the course either.

I'm really in two minds with what should be done with the golf. No one hand it would be great to see it updated and kept fresh, but on the others quite like the little bit of history that is preserved within the golf course!

I like how you can visit there for a quick game and still hear (in theory) the old Ug Land music or the old audio from the tea cups! I think it would be a shame to loose those. However I was always under the impression that when it was originally built they added a number of duplicate themed holes, eg two nemesis, two Katanga, two x sector, as a provision to allow them to easily update the whole as time passed?

So in effect they could easily add a SW7 hole in place of o ne of the x sector holes, and a sub terror whole in place of one of the nemesis ones? In effect gaining the best of both worlds, updating the course while still retaining the nice little bit of nostalgia

The course needs a spruce up at the very least. It is such a good crazy golf course and it is a shame to see some of it in the state it's in. They need to look into fixing a lot of the audio, repairing broken theming and giving things a general clean and/or repaint.

I would like to see new holes added but I do think that the priority should be getting the course back into a fully presentable state.

:)

Just being thinking about maybe updateing the course (as many people are saying) but also enclosing the course within a greenhouse like way (I don't know if this needs planning permision) and maybe adding a bar/snack zone area upon a belconey which will overlook the course, allowing those who don't want to play watch friends/family play in comfort

As much as possibly enclosing the course may be a good idea, in order to attract more business in all weathers, I doubt any kind of snack bar or viewing area is needed... Especially when the facilities of Splash Landings are just a couple of minutes walk away :)

I played a round of golf at Towers on Monday. It was in quite a state, the audio only worked on around 3-4 holes and, some of the holes are looking tired.

I think it would be lovely to see it stay exactly as it is, preserving some of the park's history (as someone suggested above), but it definitely needs a spruce up.

I think it's time for them to invest some more money back into golf I'm sorry for bringing this topic back up but I'm kind of hoping towers see this

How about having it open at the end of the parks day, (as every time i got there it was closed so i have never played it.) so you come off the monorail and instead of waiting in a Long queue to exit the car park, you have a game before heading to your car.

I noticed last week that a large part of the course has now been repainted and looks a lot better. I didn't play so couldn't tell you if it has all been done, but large parts have been done.

However this also means they probably have no plans to update any of it anytime soon, as all the farm section has been repainted!

It's one of my big problems with AT. The golf is a must do attraction for me and my friend and we take it very seriously (far too seriously really). It's a great course with some challenging holes which make it better than any other course we play on.

It desperately needs lots of TLC. It's great to hear that some parts have received a repaint but the whole thing needs updating. Please update the old ride holes into newer ones. So many new rides now that need to appear on the course. If the updated it every season it wouldn't cost all hat much to tweak it a little.

The price isn't exactly cheap and last year I was so annoyed at the state of the course after playing that I complained (& very kindly had 2 free rounds each to use in the season). It's not hard to keep clean and maintain!

It definitely needs longer opening hours for one... The amount of times I've often thought about having a round, but it's either closed or will be closing to soon to bother. It would be good if it was open long enough for you to be able to come back from the park, relax in the hotel for an hour or so and then play before having a meal.

Scott said:
It definitely needs longer opening hours for one... The amount of times I've often thought about having a round, but it's either closed or will be closing to soon to bother. It would be good if it was open long enough for you to be able to come back from the park, relax in the hotel for an hour or so and then play before having a meal.

The opening hours are just plain daft. I wonder who runs the park sometimes. They try and squeeze cash out of you everywhere, but when there are obvious opportunities to make some easy and without cheesing people off, they do the opposite.

Stick a nice food and hot drink stand, keep it open a bit longer, and they'd make a small fortune on it.

Also, build another hole, The Smiler could be an extra hole rather than a replacement if there is a little space, do something a bit unique with it. (Assuming The Smiler isn't a hole yet, by the time I get off park, it never seems to be open anyway!)

I think instead of building other holes they could do with updating the current ones first!

They could easily add new rides to the golf and keep current ones, for example Nemesis has two holes, one of these could be turned into Sub Terra. And its the same with various other holes.

In terms of opening hours, I don't know why they don't open it later, the only cost it has is one staff member (who will be on minimum wage!), you would only need one person in an hour and you have paid for that staff member! It's a shame its not attached to the hotel a bit better, its always a bit out the way to remember about when staying in the hotel.

Maybe they could add a little path next to the hole you can knock the ball down straight into the hole?

Fast Track Golf.

TheMan said:
Maybe they could add a little path next to the hole you can knock the ball down straight into the hole?

Fast Track Golf.

"Only £5 extra for a guaranteed hole in one!" :p

I haven't been on it for a while now but the last time I went on it (whenever that was!) it needed at the very least the Astroturf renewing. The amount of strokes I had added to my score (excuse!) because of the massive lip around the holes where it doesn't get worn/flattened as much infuriated me!

I don't expect it to be updated every year as with something like a constantly evolving theme park it would prove expensive - but I in my opinion it has now been there long enough to warrant a refresh more than just a coat of paint!

9c5a8ffd558f38c0927390209c281049.jpg

4a22696ef5ba621b5e02c3234a482d63.jpg

Looks like the mini golf has been invested in a bit by leek signs