• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fantasy Island

Bump!

The Guardian is open! It has been open since March, but secretly as the park has not publicised it.
Lift Hills and Thrills have posted a queue line walkthrough and ride review;

Taking into account @Craig's very useful post on video posting (please let me know if I need to change anything), here's a breakdown of the video and my thoughts (spoilered out of respect for everyone):

Intro- 0:00
Queue- 1:32
Ride system- 4:50
Review- 5:58

Breakdown and my thoughts:

• The ride system is a Robo Arm but does NOT use VR (thank goodness!); instead it functions like a flying theatre, with the arm swivelling around to the screen from the load point.
  • The queue line theming is absolutely incredible! Very well done in my opinion. The rockwork and detailing looks really nice.
  • The ride cycle is quite tame and family-friendly.
  • The ride has on-ride photography, which takes a photo booth before and after the experience.
  • Only issue is the screen is blurry, which will hopefully be rectified.

Overall, this looks like a solid addition to the park, and I can't wait to see what Island Adventures (the trackless dark ride) looks like!

Last edited:
It looks like they've really packed a lot in there, it's a shame it's hardly had any marketing though. I'm guessing there is more than one arm because surely they can't have a new ride with only 4 seats?

Butlins Skeggy, not sure if it justified a new thread or not....

Calling all thrill-seekers! We have some very exciting news to share…
We’re bringing four brand-new rides to our Skegness resort for 2023! With investment and planning permission approved, we’re ready to take our fairground to new heights.

1657143206013.png

1657143226311.png

INTRODUCING OUR 4 NEW RIDES FOR 2023:
ORBITER
Ready to reach new heights? Get a bird’s-eye view of the resort as you’re lifted to the top of this 15-metre tower before experiencing a series of ‘bounce and drop’ sequences. As you plunge back down, the tower lights up.

ECLIPSE
Discover Eclipse, the first of its kind in the UK! Intrepid riders are seated back-to-back while two arms intertwine for a thrilling, gravity-driven experience, enhanced by colour-changing lights. See your legs dangle below as you’re lifted into the air.

SANTA FE TRAIN
All aboard! Embark on an exciting journey on board the Santa Fe Express. Inspired by our archives, this classic train ride features a locomotive and four covered carriages, offering a gentle and timeless experience for all ages.

SUPER SWING
Feel the rush as you swoop 27 degrees on this larger-than-life swing, with exciting acceleration and illumination. Perfect for tots through to teens, this stomach-floating ride is sure to be a new family favourite!
OPENING EASTER 2023

https://www.butlins.com/blog/new-fa...l&utm_term=20220705&utm_content=SK+Fairground

It’s about time Skegness Butlins got some money pumped in to it, it’s always felt like it’s the worse one out of the three for investment.
With it been the biggest camp of all 3 you would think the amusement park would be bigger. If it’s gonna have 12 attractions is that including all the kids rides that use to be indoors.

With it been the biggest camp of all 3 you would think the amusement park would be bigger. If it’s gonna have 12 attractions is that including all the kids rides that use to be indoors.
I find it really weird that Skegness’ Butlins is the biggest camp - the pavilions at both Bognor Regis and Minehead feel much bigger and there feels like there is a lot more to do at the other two sites?!

Can’t beat the proximity to Fantasy Island with Skegness’ though!

I find it really weird that Skegness’ Butlins is the biggest camp - the pavilions at both Bognor Regis and Minehead feel much bigger and there feels like there is a lot more to do at the other two sites?!

Can’t beat the proximity to Fantasy Island with Skegness’ though!
I think cause they include the land that Butlin’s all own and both Minehead and Skegness have a big Caravan park.
Bognor replaced a lot of there accommodation to build hotels instead.
Minehead has the most guests with up to 10000 guests staying.
8FCF284E-B435-490A-A1B4-4AED26A0ED9B.pngF97CFC15-9ECD-4AD1-906A-1AC11343DDC8.png
Now both them them dwarf Bognor camp so you can understand why they built the hotels.
I find Skegness camp the best as they offer a lot more as that the other camps use to offer.

Attachments

• 22CCA94A-9432-49C0-8A8A-3A68802C250F.png
    22CCA94A-9432-49C0-8A8A-3A68802C250F.png
    799.9 KB · Views: 14
This is all perhaps very off topic (maybe a Butlins topic is needed after all), but I saw this video the other day. I was never expecting 5* standards from Butlins but it does seem the Skegness resort needs some work, lots of dirt and pealing paint etc around.

Even more off topic, but if you want to see some really depressing holiday parks, check out the Pontins videos from the same YouTube channel. How they still exist is beyond me.

This is all perhaps very off topic (maybe a Butlins topic is needed after all), but I saw this video the other day. I was never expecting 5* standards from Butlins but it does seem the Skegness resort needs some work, lots of dirt and pealing paint etc around.

Even more off topic, but if you want to see some really depressing holiday parks, check out the Pontins videos from the same YouTube channel. How they still exist is beyond me.

I think i'll stand up for butlins here

We generally go skegness once a year (used to be more but the kids are older now so merlin passes have taken its place)

Looking at it on that video it does look very run down...but that's the outside of the apartments/chalets...inside i've always found them clean...if a little run down

The entertainment venue's are spot on,as is the entertainment...you get some quality shows/acts especially in summer holidays where you get named acts...last summer we saw diversity and the harlem globetrotters in the same weekend

The tent desperately needs replacing but i believe that's happening

And the fair is ok for nothing...and will be far better with the new rides next year

We do pop down to ingoldmells/fantasy island from time to time but i do feel a little out of place as i don't have a dangerous dog,tattoo on my face and have an aroma of weed from 30 yards away

If anyone from butlins is reading this i'll happily accept a free break for this fantastic promotion:smile:

If anything come good from Covid it’s been Butlin’s as I been going for 30 years next year and the 1 thing I always hated was if you didn’t start queuing 60-90 mins before doors opened you didn’t get a seat to watch the shows but when they reopened after the 1st lockdown you had to book your shows 2 weeks before u travelled so we had everyday all planned out.. Then so they could still offer social distancing they built another arena at each camp and with all the money they made in the past 2 years they investing in all 3 camps.

Last edited:
If anything come good from Covid it’s been Butlin’s as I been going for 30 years next year and the 1 thing I always hated was if you didn’t start queuing 60-90 mins before doors opened you didn’t get a seat to watch the shows but when they reopened after the 1st lockdown you had to book your shows 2 weeks before u travelled so we had everyday all planned out.. Then so they could still offer social distancing they built another arena at each camp and with all the money they made in the past 2 years they investing in all 3 camps.
Yeah the new venue's they built are superb...and the app to order drinks was a good idea too instead of having to queue for a week to get a drink

We actually said on our summer holiday break it was probably the most relaxing butlins holiday we'd ever had with the prebooking shows/swimming etc instead of the giant queue's for each....although tbh we did pay for the b-line pass from time to time so we didn't have to

We also need to think that Butlins is currently in the process of being sold, funnily enough there parent company was bought by Blackstone (yes the same company who own a stake in Merlin) and they've decided that Butlins isn't for them.
Source:

Ive watched a lot of Tims videos and they are pretty good