• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Features We'd Like to See on the New Forum

I've amended the default to the 24 hour time format, but as already mentioned it is modifiable to your taste if you so wish to :).

Craig said:
I've amended the default to the 24 hour time format, but as already mentioned it is modifiable to your taste if you so wish to :).

Sorry, if this is something very easy and obvious but I can't seem to work it out... How do I change it back? :)

Scratch that, I hadn't read Djtruefitt's posts. :-[

I'd like to see a stabled topic dedicate to roller coasters in general, manufacturers, ride types and concepts etc.

Charlee said:
I'd like to see a stabled topic dedicate to roller coasters in general, manufacturers, ride types and concepts etc.

Isn't that a bit vague? It sounds like half the topics in “All Other Parks and Attractions” rolled into one. That'd be one huge topic with a lot of jumping between different discussions.

I have a suggestion that I think was only added to TTF shortly before the break up. When creating a post there was a button for putting dividers across the page. I think it was called the Horizontal Rule, appeared in the text as (hr) with square brackets. I’ve tried it on here but the command doesn’t do anything. I found it quite useful, especially for trip reports and RCT stuff.

I'm getting an odd bug on Chrome (but not firefox) where the forum sometimes fails to split long links properly and inserts a scroll bar instead:

bug-1.jpg

I was thinking since TS is much more closely knit system that the Team could ask us many questions or surveys on how to improve the site or on our opinions. Topics may be fine, but I'm sure to stop flame wars that some would want to be anonymous.

I've always thought that it would be good to allow non-members to post in one topic, if they have any quick questions but do not want to sign up for the site just yet.

This means that:

-More visitors will come to the site if they have any questions as it would be quick for them to do so.
-More people will join the site (If their questions are answered quickly that is) as they like the feel of the place.
-TowersStreet will become more popular and will be pushed higher up in the Google Rankings, so even more visitors will visit the site!

Of course, this would have to be moderated a little bit more than usual, but I'm sure members who answer the questions could look over the topic and flag any inappropriate posts so that there is no hassle!

Longy said:
I've always thought that it would be good to allow non-members to post in one topic, if they have any quick questions but do not want to sign up for the site just yet.

This means that:

-More visitors will come to the site if they have any questions as it would be quick for them to do so.
-More people will join the site (If their questions are answered quickly that is) as they like the feel of the place.
-TowersStreet will become more popular and will be pushed higher up in the Google Rankings, so even more visitors will visit the site!

Of course, this would have to be moderated a little bit more than usual, but I'm sure members who answer the questions could look over the topic and flag any inappropriate posts so that there is no hassle!

As great as it would be, sadly it'd cause far too much of an issue in terms of spam. We have a lot of controls in place as part of the registration process to stop spam. As you know, we received quite a bit before Joel worked to implement similar controls to what we had on TT - and that's without really being significantly popular outside of the community that came over. Due to this, we would need to have the same controls in place to allow guests to post, which in all honesty would make posting as a guest pretty much as complex as submitting a registration.

Stelios said:
I was thinking since TS is much more closely knit system that the Team could ask us many questions or surveys on how to improve the site or on our opinions. Topics may be fine, but I'm sure to stop flame wars that some would want to be anonymous.

We're looking at a few things to allow public feedback in terms of regular Q+A chat sessions and obviously this forum, but if there's demand for a survey then I guess we can look into that once we're on a little more solid ground in terms of the new site :).

If someone does want to suggest something away from the public topics in the meantime though, please feel free to PM a member of the team or e-mail them on firstname @ towersstreet.com. I know this isn't entirely anonymous, but we would prefer to know who is asking the questions/making the suggestions as there's often a need to ask for more information.

Not sure where to post to post this but is it possible for Tavern Topics not to appear on the TowersStreet main page. It wouldn't be good to see new members seeing the "All New Nice **** Topic" and "Sweaty Dangly Man Bits" in replace of the expected Alton-esque topics.

The tavern and all associated topics are hidden from both the homepage and forums to none members. They are only visible when users log in or register on the forums. If you aren't logged in they should be hidden :)