• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2013

Hitch said:
I was reading an article online and it would seem The Smiler isnt the only thing this years fireworks will be based on.
"he annual event which is one of the UK’s biggest displays will this year take guests on a journey through some of the resort’s biggest memories, from the original rollercoaster, the Corkscrew right through to the newest ride, The Smiler." :twirly:

So basically we are going to have the following series of events
It all starts with whizzy yellow fireworks that get really shaky and then end whilst people are still loving them (corkscrew)
Huge Red fireworks then constantly fire becoming a bright bright white glow that dominates for the rest of the show (Nemesis)
Orange fireworks are shot down from the top of the towers extremely quickly and don't explode, thier descent over in less than a second (Oblivion)
Blue fireworks now jet from what looks like an unfinished tunnel. (Air)
Green 13 fireworks are announced as the best fireworks ever and turn out to be £1 rockets, but the every one loves them as they make a cool BZZZZ sound. (13)
Then of course we have the NST fireworks that start off really lame and get gradually better the higher they get.(NST)
And it all ends with the explosive climax of The Smiler, a firework that shoots up looping as it does before exploding and then abruptly ending with, what sounds like builder laughing behind a large stack of money.(Smiler)

ohh and not to mention, in the middle of all that you get a few occasional fireworks that woosh up and do nothing (rita)

It would be hilariously ironic if The Smiler's fireworks didn't work :p

Just been posted and removed by Alton towers facebook.

http://www.altontowers.com/instantwin/

Seems very interesting.

EDIT: Now it has been fully posted.

If you are visiting Alton Towers Resort for the Ultimate Fireworks 2013 you could win over £1000 of prizes, including a Family Merlin Annual Pass, a Hotel Stay, Fastrack tickets and the full VIP treatment! We'll be randomly chosing one car parking space each day to unlock this exclusive prize. Find out more here - http://www.altontowers.com/instantwin/

Here's an image just posted by TowersStreet on Facebook of some of the lighting being tested on Sunday evening:

1391847_562249330512182_1600531873_n.jpg

Later on there were 4 of the spot lights being tested. It did look epic!

:)

To be fair it looks pretty steady, hopefully it's going to be good

It's not the kit you have, it's what you do with it that counts. I'm guessing the searchlights are Skypans? They are impressive, but are one trick ponies. We shall see in a few days I guess.

I've seen a couple of rumours that the show will be themed along the lines of famous rides and attractions at Towers over the years. I'd imagine this would end with The Smiler, which would make sense. Must admit I like the idea if it's true, not only because it was one of my suggestions to management a few years ago! ;)

It would be interesting if they gave a small hint to the next big attraction during the finale!

The preparations do appear to be much more substantial than the previous few years and here's hoping that this means that a better show will occur too!

Andrew said:
It would be interesting if they gave a small hint to the next big attraction during the finale!

Somehow I don't think they know what the next big attraction is yet! ;)

Rob said:
Andrew said:

Somehow I don't think they know what the next big attraction is yet! ;)

I didn't quite phrase that right. I should've said that it would've been a nice idea (if they could of course ;) ) to give us a hint at what the next big attraction could be.

They're probably still discussing mood boards (if we're on about SW8). ;)

Gutted I cannot make it to fireworks this year. But I'm looking forward to seeing how the rumoured theme for tonight is executed. Should be interesting!

For those not at Towers tonight Towers Nerd will be doing their usual coverage of the event: live.towersnerd.com

Okay, best show since the revival in 2010.

Some cracking new fireworks and pyrotechnics!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Just got back, really enjoyed the show overall, a nice kind of storyline/theme to it even if it came across as a bit too cheesy at times (mostly because of the narration).

I would have liked to have seen a bit more of the ride music, especially for The Smiler as this could be quite powerful alone, however it was still a good show, with what I thought was a much better lighting setup and better actual fireworks than last year.

I thought the fireworks were fantastic. Certainly far better than the last two years and probably better than in 2010. They took a risk to go for a more story based show and it paid off. I would have liked a bit more ride music thrown in there but you can't get everything. I particularly liked how they did the Corkscrew section.

The lighting was sublime this year. Really powerful. I loved the lights behind the Towers.

Overall very impress, and I'm really looking forward to watching them again.

Alton Towers fireworks??? Cheesey??? Never! :p

Seriously though, Im loving all the good reviews. Cannot wait for Sunday :)