• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2015

Them OHM ones will be easy as loud if they are allowed to be. much better bottom end on them too id say, lets just hope they crank them up :) Id hope considering they have gone to the effort of having the orchestra compose the finale piece etc that they would want you to hear it in its full glory to which I'm sure these will be perfectly good enough. I do agree with you that they should add in some delay sets though.

Not likely. Ohm suck compared to L-Acoustics lol.

Will have to wait and see but I know the past two years I was really disappointed with the sound reinforcement, and that's usually one complaint I've never had with Towers.

Even the Firework Champions events which take place throughout the country over the summer are touring with a big Funktion One system. I just expect better from Towers tbh.

I never knew they used L's to be fair! in that case , lets just hope they are setup nicely and cranked to a nice full volume. - Last year was appalling! i complained when the email questionnaire went round after lol

There have been complaints the past few years about audio not being heard clearly if you're standing further up Towers Street. You would think they'd improve the PA system one year. When you look at pictures like Pete's posted the setups of recent years looks pretty pathetic to that.

Just showed those pics to somone to whome sound is their life, carreer, and bread and butter.

... they laughed, and said - and I quote - "yeah, it might have been good... in 1985."

Well this is hardly surprising. We could all see from the set up pics what it was going to be like. What boils my pee is the sheer amount of lighting they're using. Its overpowering for fireworks.

They should drop 20 lights off the show and put that money back into the pyro and better sound. I think dropping 20 would have minimal impact given the total amount they've got.

Its interesting that the lasers were the most enjoyable, given again that they're not using anything particularly different from previous years. Says a lot.

See, even though I'm a lighting geek, even I know that beams are no substitute for shells.

Just leaving the park now. Biggest let down of the evening was without a doubt the sound. So quiet compared to 2013!

The finale music I felt really was lost.

I'm not sure if there was an issue though with the right hand speakers, sounded like they kept cutting out.

I didn't like this years story but I guess that's personal taste!

Just back from the show - I thought that overall the show was the best of the last few years.

There wasn't a massive story as such but it wasn't cheesy, came across very professionally and the segments were linked together well by Sir Algenon of all people. There was a better balance of pop music and park music than I can remember, with Hex music featuring. Also the dancers in the viewing areas were a nice idea, but possibly more of them would have had a greater impact.

I agree with the comments about the sound - especially at the bottom of Towers Street the show felt quiet in parts and I have always thought that some attempt at speakers behind the main viewing areas would be good? Not sure how practical that would be.

I thought the music this year was the worst in a few years, nice story concept but many of the tracks I'd never heard.... That said the hex, thirteen and newly composed IHOTMK ending was good... I'm guessing IMAscore put that together for them?

The moving heads on the wheel were totally lost and not bright enough. Total waste of money, time and effort rigging them up IMO. Shame.

The lasers looked better at the other side of the lake too.