• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2015

Yeah it seems they have used 4 RGB lasers on the wheel at 12, 3, 6, and 9 clock positions. I think the wheel movers look dim because everything else is so bright and overpowering. I'd like to see them trim the beams back a bit in future with less powerful lamps and focus more on uplighting the trees, towers, and surrounding areas. Leave the big beam effects to the lasers.

There's a full video now on YT, don't watch if you want to see it live first:

Overall it doesn't seem too bad. Quite a fun show but lacking polish with decent effects. Personally, I still prefer the story driven special effect shows, they felt more like real theme park shows and somewhat Disney-esque. However, Towers should be praised at least for doing something without a hint of marketing in it.

Not sure if its the sound on that vid or from where it was taken but sounds shite, was stood on the other side to the right and it sounded alot better

From what I've seen it looked to be a very poor show in comparison to previous years. It really looked like a drastic budget cut.

The story and music looked unoriginal and boring and there were noticeable uncomfortable gaps, especially during Adagio For Strings. I'm not sure if that was due to a firing error or not though.

I didn't quite get the Enterprise wheel thing or what it was meant to bring and it looked odd.

I love it when Alton tell a story and use magical pieces of music and Fireworks. This appeared to be a bodge job with lazy music choices and below par fireworks.

Probably the worst I've seen for a long time.

From what I've seen it looked to be a very poor show in comparison to previous years. It really looked like a drastic budget cut.

The story and music looked unoriginal and boring and there were noticeable uncomfortable gaps, especially during Adagio For Strings. I'm not sure if that was due to a firing error or not though.

I didn't quite get the Enterprise wheel thing or what it was meant to bring and it looked odd.

I love it when Alton tell a story and use magical pieces of music and Fireworks. This appeared to be a bodge job with lazy music choices and below par fireworks.

Probably the worst I've seen for a long time.
you would really like to to go back to how it was last year?
story story resort story story resort look how wonderful we are resort

Friday night sound seems to have been an issue the last few years and by Saturday and Sunday it's been louder. Wonder if that'll be the case this year?

It really isn't good enough when they've got kit on site for 2 weeks prior and plenty of rehearsal time. Jubilee are one of the best firework companies in the country, they won't be screwing up on their part for sure! Most shows they do are once-only things, not multiple nights like this. The black spots looked intentional. As for sound issues, well, wtf?!

Sorry Pete I was forced to go to a brewery tour last night so no live feed.

No apology needed dude. Was just pointing out how odd it was that nobody seemed interested in Towers yesterday. Hope you enjoyed.

The thing is people like different things, I've heard a lot of good and a lot of bad things about this years display. Sound issues obviously is a problem because everyone wants the best but the ratio of fireworks to lasers is different. For instance I'm a huge lighting fan and if i go there today and its mostly lasers and lights i will be completely happy with the show as id prefer more lights to fireworks. Alton have to just find the right ratio and they can't please everyone at the same time. Even if the show was 100% perfect to me or you lot its still not going to be perfect for others

There is a lot of can't please everyone with these firework shows.
Many people on here want plot not music. But last years plot was bad and focused too much on marketing the resort. This year they focused on music (of four genres) with a good plot that linked and explained the music using live actors.

Personally I prefer this years show style. But 2013 was also very good. The water screen last year added nothing and using live actors this year probably worked out cheaper than filming the same thing and yet the live actor was better than showing the same thing on video.

Basically some people like the music driven shows (Sir Algenon this year and Dr Pop Rocket 10ish years ago). But some people like the plot driven shows (Air years ago and 2013s memories). It is hard to keep both groups happy, but this year was a reasonable balance.

I'm very excited to witness the show myself tomorrow night, and I'm trying to avoid spoiling the surprises too much. However, I've seen many posts about live actors/ dancers.

Would the people who have already seen it have any recommendations on the best viewing spot? Or is it pretty well covered wherever you stand?

I'm very excited to witness the show myself tomorrow night, and I'm trying to avoid spoiling the surprises too much. However, I've seen many posts about live actors/ dancers.

Would the people who have already seen it have any recommendations on the best viewing spot? Or is it pretty well covered wherever you stand?

Look for the bigger screen of the stages, it's pretty much straight down from the bottom of towers street. That has the main performer and we were to the left of that stage so had a pretty central view of everything else too.

best to stand right next to the podiums they are dancing on :p

Just watched a few videos on YouTube of the show. Spoilers ahead so read at your own peril.

I think some form of video would have worked well with this years story. Some kind of visual of Sir Algenon, or some kind of visual that represents Sir Algenon would have worked pretty nicely. The story this year seems... weak. It seems to have a good basis, easily comparable to the Dr Pop Rocket shows, although it seems lacking and rather thin. Despite that I'm happy Towers are continuing on with themed shows, it has improved the modern fireworks shows to no end, and I hope they continue to do this in future years. This years story isn't exactly bad, although could have done with some more explaining.

The dancers on podiums I find pointless to be honest. When you're dealing with a show on this kind of scale a few dancers in one small area just doesn't cut it. The area the audience covers for Towers fireworks is huge. If you're going to bring something like dancers into the mix you either go big or go home. For something like that to please an entire crowd you would need dancers scattered around the whole of Towers Street. Given that it appears these dancers have been put in to break up the 'black spots', that will be entirely lost with anyone stood past the front of the lawns. Honestly I think it's money wasted, even though it will have been a minimal cost.

My technical knowledge of lighting and pyro is non-existent, so I'll just comment based on visuals. The lack of pyro is obvious compared to previous years. It's still good however, and will please your average guest. I do think there were a lack of 'wow' moments with the pyro though. Usually there's one or two things thrown in at the end of a section/song that make the audience go 'wow' in shock. With pyro being stripped more and more each year, I cannot see them being able to get rid of much more in future years. If they do, it may start getting to a point where your average guests start to notice it's no different to a local cheap display nearer home.

Lighting seems a bit over the top. There seemed to be no focus whatsoever on the Towers, which is hugely disappointing since it forms as a beautiful backdrop when lit up for shows. I like the idea of the 'sonic amplifier', although it seems money wasted again honestly. The lasers were used far too much. Lasers can be impressive, don't go mad with having them flash every second right till the end of the show.

One thing I absolutely love about this years show is the finale music created with IMAscore, not just ITHOTMK, but the music prior to that mixed with a different version of Hex's music. I know this will never happen given budgets aren't likely to be pretty next year, but I would love to see a show in future that mainly comprises of custom made music, maybe with IMAscore (they must have some deal running with Merlin by now?). That would truly be a dream come true.

Overall it's a good show. The story is lacking, the lighting and lasers are over the top and pyros are lacking more than ever. But it's an OK show, its still unique enough and will please most guests (that's the Merlin way right? 'It will do'). This is a good basis for Towers to build upon for 2016, I think they're going in the right direction, with themed shows and bringing in different effects, it just needs some polishing and I think more thought needs to go into what effects are necessary, and what aren't.

2013 is still the best modern Towers fireworks in my opinion.

Podium dancers, you say...? :D
Tom-And-Jerry-Cartoon-Characters-Pictures-And-Wallpapers-201.jpg

Agree with James, the dancers did nothing, far to small and insignificant, would have been better with a few big video screens. stood at bottom of towers street just before the lawn (didnt want muddy feet) they were still too small to make a difference there, any further back and they would just have been blobs.

Just got back home from 3 days in the resort.

I actually enjoyed the fireworks this year. The park was the quietest I have ever seen it during the day, but after 4pm it got very busy. We stood by some of the TS and Theme Park Worldwide lot at the bottom of towers street on the grass where the scare fest logo was. I would say this is the best viewing position this year. People at the front would not have got the full benefit of the wheel and dancers.

So, the dancers I really liked, their light up outfits, the light up musical instruments, and their dancing , I thought it was really good and added energy to the show. I enjoyed the music and the idea of it being different phases. When the wheel lit up with lasers everyone gasped and I thought the laser and light show was amazing.

We had no problems with sound at all. Yeah the woman announcing the safety stuff at the start was quiet, but music and voice though the show I thought was fine, we had no problem hearing at all.

The track which broke the wheel I thought was hilarious! Loved the Hex section and hoped they would have done a little more with other ride music. Finale was great.

Yeah ok there were less fireworks and it wasn't a patch on 2013 , but, given the year towers has had the money it's lost, I thought, realistically, it was a fun entertaining show, with a good mix of music, lights and fireworks. I enjoyed it :)

Just watched a few videos on YouTube of the show. Spoilers ahead so read at your own peril.

I think some form of video would have worked well with this years story. Some kind of visual of Sir Algenon, or some kind of visual that represents Sir Algenon would have worked pretty nicely. The story this year seems... weak. It seems to have a good basis, easily comparable to the Dr Pop Rocket shows, although it seems lacking and rather thin. Despite that I'm happy Towers are continuing on with themed shows, it has improved the modern fireworks shows to no end, and I hope they continue to do this in future years. This years story isn't exactly bad, although could have done with some more explaining.

The dancers on podiums I find pointless to be honest. When you're dealing with a show on this kind of scale a few dancers in one small area just doesn't cut it. The area the audience covers for Towers fireworks is huge. If you're going to bring something like dancers into the mix you either go big or go home. For something like that to please an entire crowd you would need dancers scattered around the whole of Towers Street. Given that it appears these dancers have been put in to break up the 'black spots', that will be entirely lost with anyone stood past the front of the lawns. Honestly I think it's money wasted, even though it will have been a minimal cost.

My technical knowledge of lighting and pyro is non-existent, so I'll just comment based on visuals. The lack of pyro is obvious compared to previous years. It's still good however, and will please your average guest. I do think there were a lack of 'wow' moments with the pyro though. Usually there's one or two things thrown in at the end of a section/song that make the audience go 'wow' in shock. With pyro being stripped more and more each year, I cannot see them being able to get rid of much more in future years. If they do, it may start getting to a point where your average guests start to notice it's no different to a local cheap display nearer home.

Lighting seems a bit over the top. There seemed to be no focus whatsoever on the Towers, which is hugely disappointing since it forms as a beautiful backdrop when lit up for shows. I like the idea of the 'sonic amplifier', although it seems money wasted again honestly. The lasers were used far too much. Lasers can be impressive, don't go mad with having them flash every second right till the end of the show.

One thing I absolutely love about this years show is the finale music created with IMAscore, not just ITHOTMK, but the music prior to that mixed with a different version of Hex's music. I know this will never happen given budgets aren't likely to be pretty next year, but I would love to see a show in future that mainly comprises of custom made music, maybe with IMAscore (they must have some deal running with Merlin by now?). That would truly be a dream come true.

Overall it's a good show. The story is lacking, the lighting and lasers are over the top and pyros are lacking more than ever. But it's an OK show, its still unique enough and will please most guests (that's the Merlin way right? 'It will do'). This is a good basis for Towers to build upon for 2016, I think they're going in the right direction, with themed shows and bringing in different effects, it just needs some polishing and I think more thought needs to go into what effects are necessary, and what aren't.

2013 is still the best modern Towers fireworks in my opinion.

There were dancers right on the fence line at the front of the lawn so everyone could see some. There was also Sir Algenon standing on a stage in the very centre of the lawn so the visual centrepiece you are looking for was also there. I think these are both things that wouldn't come across in a YouTube video.