• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2015

After seeing what Ents have done with Scarefest this year I am now very excited for Fireworks. Expecations have been raised and I think we could be in for something special.

:)

I hope there's less of RESORT this RESORT that, THE ALTON TOWERS RESORT... it needs to be less of a marketing piece, yes your guests do bloody well know where they are.

Marketing really get on my nerves with things like that, I hope ents have been given more freedom with this years show.

Haha! That's just it isn't it? The marketing team lack the brain power to realise that once you're in the park they no longer need to sell you on it. Might as well just get used to it.

If anyone from the marketing team is reading this, we'd just like to inform you that we already know we're on your resort and that your rides are good (not amazing) but good. Now for those of you with Degrees and Phd's, I'll explain it a little simpler so you can understand - WE ALREADY KNOW WE ARE ON YOUR RESORT AND YOU HAVE SOME NICE RIDES. THANK YOU!

I think resort is fine in the water park and hotels. If it one day to the park then it's not a resort. I hope to wardley they dont have a 30 mins advert. I really hope Mr C locked marketing out when planning and scripting them this year

I hope there's less of RESORT this RESORT that, THE ALTON TOWERS RESORT... it needs to be less of a marketing piece, yes your guests do bloody well know where they are.

Marketing really get on my nerves with things like that, I hope ents have been given more freedom with this years show.

I agree and I think we will be happy, I do not know details but Fireworks are going to be somewhat different this year compared to the previous two years.

In terms of the whole ramming 'resort' down your throat left right and centre wherever you are on park or elsewhere in the resort; I do not mind them calling the place Alton Towers Resort largely because it is quite clearly a resort these days. I just am not keen that everything is resort, if you are on park they tell you that you are on the resort - no it's the theme park!! When talking about Alton Towers as a multi-day destination it should be called a resort. When talking about Alton Towers as a single day visit theme park it should be called a park.

Anyway that is somewhat off-topic!

:)

I do not know details but Fireworks are going to be somewhat different this year compared to the previous two years.

Interesting. What makes you say this?

I know Towers are secretive but there's usually a lot of gossip going around the pyro industry about their displays. I've been fully alert but haven't heard so much as a whisper of what they're up to this year.

I've heard a couple of nuggets about this year's show. Not to be one of "those" people but I'm not sure if they are confidential or not, so I'd better not say what they are. I will say that they are the kind of thing I could only believe Alton would do when I see it for myself. ;)

Let the projection mapping rumours commence!

All joking aside, we can pretty much ditch this before it even starts by saying not only are the ruins too far from the viewing area but they're also mostly obscured by trees. Besides, they couldn't afford it lol.

What the hell are they building on the lawns and is it to do with the Fireworks?

it looks like a mini enterprise

What the hell are they building on the lawns and is it to do with the Fireworks?

it looks like a mini enterprise

Sounds interesting, are you on park and able to take photo's? I won't be back until the Sunday of Fireworks...

EDIT: Just seen the photo's on Facebook. Definitely looks like a travelling ride, I guess it's being used as a set piece!

Sounds interesting, are you on park and able to take photo's? I won't be back until the Sunday of Fireworks...
There have been photos taken by @Dean who has given TowersStreet permission to post on our Facebook page.

egr3ls.jpg

This will be a giant Catherine wheel for fireworks to shoot out! Well that's what people are suggesting. :)

Reactions: Tom