• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2015

Wait a second, that's on the towers street side of the lake, isn't it? I assumed it would be on the far side in front of the towers.
Amazed this is actually happening, I didn't believe it when I heard the plan.

Interesting to see the return of special effects in the audience area, although I doubt anything major will be launched from it, as too close to the crowd. Possibly stage gerbs and not much else.

I personally think this may be for some kind of special effect. Kinda reminds me of the years they did stuff like this:

016.jpg

Given the London Eye is owned by Merlin, I wonder if the Enterprise wheel may not be spinning all the time, and if they use it like they do the Eye to light it up and launch some fireworks off it...... or I could just be talking rubbish of course lol

Oh and apparently, staff at Alton have told us that this years display will be one "not to miss", so, given what they have done with Scarefest this year, im actually getting very excited!

It's pretty clear they are going to be launching pyros from it. hopefully there will be some half decent lighting on it. Get some Sharpies on the ends of the spokes! You can't go wrong with a circular truss. Some LED battons along them would look good, too.

It has the same base as enterprise.
It looks like the ride could belong to Mark Manders and is called 'Millennium' (only travelling Enterprise I can find)

Photos of the ride fully built show an interesting difference in the seating arrangement to Alton's Enterprise where the seats face outwards from the centre section!

8038739030_7c27f928dd.jpg

Photo courtesy of Flickr (https://www.flickr.com/photos/owainmammut/8038739030)

EDIT: The colours don't add up with those seen on the one at Alton, however this photo is from 2010, more recent photo's show white frames

Shall I be the first to say the only ride with a spinning theme is the smiler :D (lets see what happens in this thread now)

Wasn't considering visiting, but I'm thinking about it now :)

They've gone all out on scarefest, wouldn't surprise me if they did on fireworks too now

Well this is the kind of bonkers thing I like to see Towers trying. Fireworks the last two years have been great (2013 better than 2014) and it certainly looks like they might be out to better the last two years with this seasons effort.

Will be interesting to see what they come up with!