• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2015

Hmmm, whereas I may agree with you previously, I think after seeing the effort they have gone to with Scarefest, and the past 2 years fireworks shows, in particular 2013, I actually think this years will be something special..........

If it is a working Enterprise they are building on the lawn one theory could be that they won't open X Sector after the fireworks. Usually X Sector & Dark Forest close at 5:30 to clear out for fireworks at 7pm, as the Towers are in the fall-out area. then re-open 7:30. But if they set up an alternative Enterprise then it is only Oblivion not open and Oblivion in the dark isn't that great anyway. That enables them to focus on opening Dark Forest and Forbiddon Valley for rides in the dark.

Jon - Alton have confirmed its for the fireworks. They aint gonna set up a travelling Enterprise just for people to ride on. This , somehow, will be involved in the firework show.

only Oblivion not open and Oblivion in the dark isn't that great anyway.
  1. This is your opinion. I like oblivion in the dark, and I'm sure other people think the same
  2. It's still oblivion. It's a good ride whenever it's open
  3. It still gets queues, more than enterprise does

Was on the TowersStreet facebook page. Someone tweeted them and they tweeted back.

PS. Oblivion in the dark rocks!

It will be interesting to see if the ride gets completed/themed in the next week. For a ride that probably only takes 2-3 hours to be fully built to an operating condition, it's a bit odd it's been delivered and partially built this early on.

Could it be the centre piece of a larger set?

St john are providing extra medical cover for the fireworks. It has more resources than a stoke football match.

I am extremely excited for Fireworks this year, all I see and hear is very promising! I just hope that this Enterprise works and doesn't fail spectacularly on the first night!

Was not expecting it to be on the Towers Street side of the lake either, if they shoot fireworks off it when spinning it will be mental.

:)

I would have thought health and safety would say no to sticking explosives to the side of a travelling fair ride, but I see no other reason to put an enterprise at the end of towers street.

Was on the TowersStreet facebook page. Someone tweeted them and they tweeted back.

PS. Oblivion in the dark rocks!

The screenshot tweet just says it is in preparation for the fireworks event. That doesn't mean it will have fireworks attached. It could still be open for riders.

After nearly being hit by a firework that was poorly attached to scaffolding at another event (run by same company that does Towers fireworks) I don't expect fireworks to be attached to it. Maybe lighting, or stage pyro.

and OK, it is my opinion that Oblivion isn't the best in the dark, mainly due to the whole area being quite well lit. I would rather do Thirteen and Nemesis in the dark myself.

Oh yeah, Thirteen and Nemesis in the dark are awesome too. Just the weekend gone, we did Oblivion a few times in the dark, and coupled with the lights from the Smiler being off, it really did feel like falling into Oblivion as you hurtled down into the darkness. Loved it :)

I get the concerns about it being on the 'wrong' side of the lawns, but they could attach lights to it instead of fireworks and make a nice light show... Maybe.

I hope their are fireworks i dont want to see a sign saying " due to noise complaints, this years fireworks will be a light show, with out pyrotechnics." :D

The problem with the wheel is not just how close it is to the crowd barrier (meaning only close proximity effects could be used) but also that the viewing angle will be rubbish. They would have put it at the far side otherwise.

So, I think we're going to see it used for something far more interesting than just a catherine wheel.

Maybe they'll stretch white fabric over it and use it for projection instead of the water screen. Who knows. It's anyone best guess at the minute but it certainly will not be used for riding.

It's all rather odd! I don't think it will be used for fireworks due to the closeness to the crowd, it would be a nightmare if the ride went wrong or fireworks went out at the wrong time. I'm guessing it will be used for lighting or other effects only.